Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Pubs and Clubs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MissyMalice

England-Bristol
    PHUCT-Bristol Bierkeller,every friday night 9pm-4am playing the best in rock and metal and everything in between.
    http://www.bristolbierkeller.co.uk/page3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Happy new year, friends! :)
    Anyone been to Venice? I'm going to visit this beautiful place in spring and I couldn't find any metal or rock bars on the metal guide homepage.
    Not that I wouldn't survive a weekend without drinking some cheap beer in a dark scruffy pub but I thought it would be fun to take drop by.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Went into town on Friday night wit a few friends from Wales, went into Reilly's ROCK bar.

Apparently this is only a Rock bar on a Saturday Night, what a pile of crap it was too. Doorman was a prick wit an attitude, hassled me as soon as i walked to the door wit the usual 'You been drinkin, where ya from' bollox

Went to Gypsy Rose instead for the first time and was class, will def be goin back there soon

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

scudzilla wrote: »
    Went into town on Friday night wit a few friends from Wales, went into Reilly's ROCK bar.

O'Reillys isn't a rock bar - it hosts a rock NIGHT on Saturday nights called Club Hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Really wasn't impressed when I was in Gypo Rose for the first time. The toilets were in a dire state and unfortunately that is the memory that sticks with me.
    Have they improved at all?

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    O'Reillys isn't a rock bar - it hosts a rock NIGHT on Saturday nights called Club Hell.

So the ads on Nova, that say "Reilly's Rock Bar presents Club Hell" are wrong then?
    Really wasn't impressed when I was in Gypo Rose for the first time. The toilets were in a dire state and unfortunately that is the memory that sticks with me.
    Have they improved at all?

I dunno, they seemed alright, i mean i just pissed in 'em and they did the job just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

LONDON, CAMDEN
    Sin City @ The Electric Ballroom http://www.electricballroom.co.uk/

What about Gypsy Rose in Dublin? and this new Club Poison? (I haven't been, but all my friends seem to be raving on about it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Has anyone been to club poison yet? Its in 21's I believe, bit of a strange place for a rock bar i would have thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It's supposed to be the business alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Has anyone been to club poison yet? Its in 21's I believe, bit of a strange place for a rock bar i would have thought!

I heard an ad on Nova for this place but thought i misheard. Seems a strange place alright but good to see another rock venue in the city.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    I heard an ad on Nova for this place but thought i misheard. Seems a strange place alright but good to see another rock venue in the city.

Is it a Rock Venue every day of the week?

I fcukin hate places like Reilly's who call themselves 'Rock Bars' but are only Rock Bars one night a week or when it suits them. Places like that use our love of music to make money and the full time Rock/Metal bars suffer because of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Every Thursday night Scud,according to their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-Poison-Dublin-Ireland/248713655212347

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

It is not a rock bar, it's a night club which hosts a rock night every Thursday night. To be fair, the usual rock bars were doing f*ck all about what used to be a good night out, time to mix it up a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Looks like we'll have to remove Cruiscin Lan from the Cork section in the O.P. as it's shutting it's doors.

First the Quad and now this. The Cork scene is going to shit, gonna be very hard to find a place for metal bands to play that are just to big for Fred's.

http://www.facebook.com/cruiscinlive

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Looks like fibbers rock bar Is goin to have be taken off the list ):

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just for clarity:
    Malice wrote: »
    In case anyone misses it, I've created a thread specifically for Dublin venues here. Basically if you want to discuss Fibbers, Bruxelles etc. please do so on that thread. Use this thread for venues that aren't on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

Ah, that takes me back. Drinking in Bruxelles in the 80's and 90's - getting wasted and heading of to Mcgonagles, the Source, and later Fibbers. And the chicks, wow - what days. Metal daze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Heady daze indeed... the scene was so healthy then!! (In a vibe way :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AdamClare

There's a new metal club opening in The Pint par from 27th of February onwards. :D

It's called WITNESS,
    It's going to be deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

AdamClare wrote: »
    There's a new metal club opening in The Pint par from 27th of February onwards. :D

It's called WITNESS,
    It's going to be deadly.

27th is a Wednesday. Any info, links, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

AdamClare wrote: »

It's called WITNESS,
    It's going to be deadly.

Is your band playing that night per chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Gonna be living in Cork for a few weeks this summer. Where would the better craic be had on a wednesday or thursday night around town from a rock/metal perspective? Cruiscin or Fred Zeppelins I'm guessing are my choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Preachers, although don't know what the crowd would be like!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

Northern Ireland
    Belfast
    Spring & Airbrake - 17 Ormeau Avenue Belfast BT2 8HS - 028 9032 5942
    Auntie Annies - 44 Dublin Rd Belfast, County Antrim BT2 7HN - 028 9050 1660

Both are closed down now it seems.

The below two are alive and well today though:

The Elms - 36 University Road Belfast BT7 1NH - 028 90 509 840
    Voodoo - 9-11 Fountain Street Belfast BT1 5EA - 028 9027 8290

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

Spring and Airbrake still open and no plans to close.Saw Slayer there last week.What a gig

Auntie annies likely still open too, they are owned by same company now-recently bought over after near receivership I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

regarding Auntie Annie's:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/last-orders-as-belfast-bar-auntie-annies-shuts-its-doors-29217443.html

On their Facebook page, last update is also April 25th - last gig, "let's go out with a bang".

The "Spring & Airbrake" thing seems to be special one-time events done at Limelight/Katy Dalys - no schedule for 2013 as of yet as I've been able to find

Slayer officially played at "Limelight 1", which seems to be more like a concert venue than a pub as such? I see Sabaton, Anthrax and Ugly Kid Joe having played there somewhat recently too. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Not been to Bruxelles in about a year. How is it these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Clemenza wrote: »
    Not been to Bruxelles in about a year. How is it these days?

It's probably the best of the Rock Bars in Dublin imo. Does be quite busy most weekends anyway and once you can shout over the volume of the music it's decent enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Passenger wrote: »
    It's probably the best of the Rock Bars in Dublin imo. Does be quite busy most weekends anyway and once you can shout over the volume of the music it's decent enough.

Sweet :) the last few times I was there, the dj's tended to be very self indulgent, playing really obscure stuff, hope this has changed!

Advertisement