Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to join a team?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

The munster warriors team is made up of players from cork and limerick, alot of the limerick players are also tied to the University softball team and there is carpooling to the training sessions in cork, not sure how often they practice in limerick. I'm sure if you email the guys in UL they'll be able to put you in touch with the guys that do play baseball. Also the university softball team does allow non-students play. As far as i know there is a non-university team starting up, but for now UL is the focal point for softball in the region. their email is ulsoftball@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Hey lads, I'm just pondering playing baseball/softball. I've never played it before, only hurling & cricket really.

I live in Crumlin, and I don't drive. Which are the nearest teams to me, accessible by public transport? I know there's a few softball teams playing out of Eamonn Ceannt park, would I just contact them?

check out this link

http://www.softball.ie/teams-wanting-players.htm

don't think i could make it any easier for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

check out this link

http://www.softball.ie/teams-wanting-players.htm

don't think i could make it any easier for you
    Yeah I saw that. There's the blazzers and the homers, but are they both at a 'beginner' level? And when does the season start/finish?

The season runs april through late september, but teams are always looking for new players. There's also some indoor leagues and other one day tournaments that run through winter and spring so there's never a bad time to join up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Boomer08

The Irish National Baseball Team manager will be holding a meeting this Thursday 4th November in Jury’ Croke Park Hotel at 6pm to discuss the plans for the 2011 National Team including the off season preparations.

Anyone wishing to try out for the 2011 Irish National Baseball Team is invited to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

Spartans & Hurricanes: Clondalkin (Corkagh Park)
    Black Sox: Shankill (Shanganagh Park)
    Mariners: Greystones (Shanganagh Park)
    Munster Warriors: Limerick

Cavan, West Clare & Belfast ... self explanitory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Is there a ladies baseball team or mixed would be great? Would love to join this sport.

Is there a ladies baseball team or mixed would be great? Would love to join this sport.

There are no womens baseball teams. Although women can play in the league.

bi_logo_paypal.jpg

Winter Training 2012

Baseball Ireland will be running Winter Training Sessions at the St. Benildus College Gym in Stillorgan, every Saturday afternoon, from Feb 4th to March 31st, 2012. This is open to all Baseball Ireland players and anyone interested in learning how to play baseball or looking for a team to join.

The cost for all 8 sessions is €65 for Adults or €10/session and €40 or €7/session if 18 years or under or a student. Pitching machines, nets and Incredi-balls will be provided. Training will cover all skills of throwing, hitting, ground balls, pitching/catching, etc. One-on-one coaching will be available.

Date - Time
    Feb 4th: 2.30 - 5pm
    Feb 11th: 2.30 - 5pm
    Feb 18th: 2.30 - 5pm
    Feb 25th: 2.30 - 5pm
    March 3rd: 2.30 - 5pm
    March 10th: 2.30 - 5pm
    March 17th: Paddys Day - No Training
    March 24th: 2.30 - 5pm
    March 31st: 2.30 - 5pm

For details contact Alan: alan@baseballireland.com Location Map: Click Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Any club in Limerick or Clare

Any club in Limerick or Clare

The Muster Warriors play in the Adult A League and are based in Limerick
    http://www.munsterbaseball.com/

The West Clare Doplhins play in the Adult B league.
    http://westclaredolphins.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Thinking of getting into it. I played American Football until I was too banged up to play so I'm no stranger to unusual sports.
    This is really just a casual inquiry but, any teams near Lucan? I know that a few teams train up in Corkagh Park but the website never seems to be updated. Can anyone fill me in on the complete rundown? Fees, gear, training etc. Just to get a good feel for it so I can decide if I want to take it up. I have literally no experience of playing baseball. I do watch it a lot though.

Cheers!

Spartans train & play at Corkagh Park
    Hurricanes train in the Pheonix Park and play in Corkagh Park.
    These are the closest to you.

Experience is not necessary as both teams have B teams which play in the development league. Thats whats its for. An idea about the rules would be a help though.

Fees vary from club to club from €120 to about €160.

Teams will have spare gloves to loan so you can get a feel for the game before you spend €50 up to anything on a glove. A pair of football boots would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Any teams in the Wicklow/carlow area?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Boomer08

There are teams in Greystones (Mariners) and Shankill (Black Sox,my own team) both play in Shanganagh Park in Shankill.
    The Spartans and Hurricanes play in Corkagh Park in Clondalkin. Depending on where you are travelling from they are not too far apart travelling wise.

Preseason spring training starts next week in the GAA Club in Ashbourne, new members are welcome. More information is available
    on www.baseballireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Will be attending the spring training

Since I'm from Tipp I'm naturally gifted at anything to do with striking and fielding a ball :cool:

Only messing :p

Going to give it a go and then hopefully sign up for a B team in the developmental league.
    If they'll have me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 devildog2012

hi i play for the munster warriors baseball team based in cork and we are looking for new players. as this season is nearly over we are beginning our search for new players for next season and would appreciate it if any of you would be interested in playing. and if not i also play for the limerick originals softball club so once baseball season is over the more fun game of softball is what a lot of our players play in the off season. As most of our games are played in dublin no matter where you live in the south you can still join and play.

for more info we are on facebook, munster warriors and limerick originals softball club

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rodalopin

Any team in Dublin?

Yes there are 2 teams based in Clondalkin and 2 based in Shankill.
    Which would be closest to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rodalopin

Well... neither of them is "good" for me as I live in the city centre hahahaha :( no... it's not funny.. :(

Well spring training starts next Saturday in Ashbourne. That's a great place to meet players from the league and get to know the game.

If you are interested in joining a team you can me with one of the 2 locations above and I'll send you the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shanegough

Anyone interested in joining a Softball team in Dublin? Temple Bar Hippety's Softball club are holding an open day at our training grounds in Eamonn Ceannt Park, Sundrive Road, Kimmage on Saturday February 15 at 2pm. All welcome to give it a try and join for drinks and finger food afterwards. The more the merrier :) See poster attached for details.

The regular season starts next Saturday 22nd March.
    Teams are still looking for players of ALL abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Myself and a mate are thinking of getting involved this year, I'm in Bray and he is in Cabinteely so the Shankill based teams are ideal. I actually played for Greystones Mariners youth team briefly back when I was 14/15 but lost interest. I reckon I'd like another crack at it now though, I don't mind which team really I guess if one particularly could use the extra numbers. Both of us know the rules and follow the sport, but its been a while since either of us played. I'm 25 in May so it would be the best part of 10 years since I played, aside from a mild addiction to batting cages during a J1 in California a few years back :D

Would Facebook be the best way to get in contact with the teams? I see both have pages, and as for gear, any suggestions on what I'll need to pick up and the best place for it? I've got a glove somewhere but the last time I used it was to dress up as Albert Pujols for halloween ages ago :pac:

Yeah facebook is the best way of getting on contact with the Mariners

The Dublin Spartans are looking for new players for the 2015 season.
    Players of all abilities are needed for the A and B teams.
    Contact Alan: alan@baseballireland.com or https://www.facebook.com/groups/245696595380/

SpartanFlier.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

I am interested in joining a team in the south of Dublin.

Hi Magic,

Thats great news!

The Spartans play in Clondalkin, the Mariners and the Black Sox both play in Shankill.
    I assume the Spartans are the closest to you then?

Please contact me - alan@baseballireland.com if you are interested in playing with us.

If you want to contact one of the other teams let me know and I'll arrange it for you.

Al

• Advertisement

Its that time of year again!

10599279_1666344053614504_2641203315093901895_n.jpg?oh=e414bd9b35820dea5145851737a67a87&oe=570FD460

Advertisement