Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best way to obtain your records from Tusla

• 05-11-2019 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to obtain your records from Tusla.

Should we request them over the phone or go through a Solicitor.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Thank you, I have a few questions.

Who should I send the email to if I'm requesting records held from St Patrick's Guild?

Should I attach Tuslas FOI form along with a photocopy of my Passport to the email?

Do I also need to attach my Adoption Birth Cert?

In part 5 of Tuslas FOI form it asks to provide details of Information/Records requested.
    Do I need to know the name of every record I need or can I just request All records to do with my Adoption.

Thanks for helping with this

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Sending you a pm/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

If you haven't done so already I would suggest contacting the Adoption Authority of Ireland to request all information they have pertaining to you. The information they provide may differ slightly from that of TUSLA and in my case that proved to be very useful.

My initial contact with AAI was by phone with a follow up email to confirm who I was.
    I have always found them very pleasant and professional to deal with.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement