Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday

• 09-11-2019 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭

The Church Gate scored twice in a row last season over hurdles before being switched to fences without winning. Back over the smaller obstacles, I expected a better performance tomorrow and am on at 9/1 win bet. There's a a fella who frequents this place who has a connection who may know more, but I am inclined to think this has a chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭del roy

Dark horse

Secret Reprieve
    5g Flemensfirth – Oscar’s Reprieve
    Mr & Mrs William Rucker
    515-5
    RPR 132c OR 130c
    He ran really well in a deep novice chase at Ffos Las on his first run over fences and is the type who will improve massively for the experience. I like him a lot and he should soon be winning.

Trainer: Evan Williams.

4/1 in a three horse novice chase tomorrow at Fos Las 2.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Sorry to tell ya Francis Barrett but the 4/1 fav Bay Ambition is expected to win that. Serious word around Galway for it, working well at home the lads in syndicate have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

The Church Gate scored twice in a row last season over hurdles before being switched to fences without winning. Back over the smaller obstacles, I expected a better performance tomorrow and am on at 9/1 win bet. There's a a fella who frequents this place who has a connection who may know more, but I am inclined to think this has a chance.

His father is owner / part owner I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Skybet pay 5 places on this race for anyone interested in this e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Sorry to tell ya Francis Barrett but the 4/1 fav Bay Ambition is expected to win that. Serious word around Galway for it, working well at home the lads in syndicate have said.

Word on the 606 forum from one of the owners is that this is being aimed to win a race in Limerick in a few weeks time. That's not to say it won't win today but might be worth factoring in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Looks like they're laying Bay Ambition, fu*k it anyway I've a nice bit on it

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Bay ambition lucky to get up after that fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Abracadbras/Melon double for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.05 Navan, Apples Jade. Short at around 1/3 on the exchange. This is a lay bet for me. The horse is not what is used to be and a shock could be on the cards here. I've had a fairly big lay bet on Apples Jade and I'm hoping one of the other 2 in contention for the win will get the job done.

1.25 Ffls Las, Prudhomme, again a short price horse at around 4/11 but I'm willing to back for the win at them short odds. There is nothing in the race to put it to Prudhomme and I have the horse priced up a 1/9 so even at 4/11 I think it's value.

Few more nice ones lined up.

Good luck to anyone betting today

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Good shout on AJ Goat. What odds was she not to win?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would say the bookies are doing cartwheels. All the Santini doubles in the fire never mind the professional money. They are not machines.

The pig is back.

all-alaskan-racing-pig-jumping-fence-in-race-at-alaska-state-fair-palmer-alaska_u-l-p21am40.jpg?h=550&w=550&background=fbfbfb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Seriously impressive there from AD. Great over the hurdles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

2 more bets for me today.

2.00 Ffos Las, Newtide, around 5/4 and well backed but for me a definite lay and it's my best bet of the day. Can't see the horse winning under any circumstances.

2.10 Navan, A Plus Tard, around 7/4 - 15/8 on the exchange and I think it's a very good price. I've backed the horse to win.

That's me for the day.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    That's me for the day.

A nation holds its breath........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've gone for Fakir here over Melon. I half fancy Melon for the Arkle (I know) but Mullins' horses a bit in and out so taking him on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Slattsy wrote: »
    I've gone for Fakir here over Melon. I half fancy Melon for the Arkle (I know) but Mullins' horses a bit in and out so taking him on today.
    25/1 for the JLT.Had a little nibble.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Won well and the ground the 8lb helped. Melon for the Arkle..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Some very good racing today, some standouts! Santini struggled badly, ideal out in front but held on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Some very good racing today, some standouts! Santini struggled badly, ideal out in front but held on.

Didn't look ideal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Idled out in front, not ideal :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement