Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ex got married...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭chris525

Gintonious wrote: »
    As the title says, I found out last week that my most recent ex got married.

A friend felt the need to tell me, which felt a little bit like gossiping and not exactly needed but they since apologized.

To cut a long story short, it's put me in a weird reflective and slightly down mood this past week. I got the usual hot ear pang when I heard the news, but since I have been having this awful recurring thought process of the "what if" and that I somehow missed my chance or opportunity.

I am currently in a relationship that is going well, for the past few months. But this news as thrown me off a tad, and I wasn't really expecting it.

I haven't heard from my ex for a long time and we never kept in touch. We broke up over 2 years ago and we dated for just over a year, so I am a tad surprised that I have been feeling this way.

Anyone else ever get something like this? It is going away, but it has me thinking all over the place about what I am doing with my life etc. I live abroad and have done for 6 years now, and that always adds something.

Thanks for any help, and for reading.

I'm surprised you're feeling this way too. 2 years is a very long time and surely you've moved on. Have you dated anyone else since?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭pgj2015

chris525 wrote: »
    Lol yeah really why would you call an ex to tell them that? It's like she was trying to rub it in? Why would you call an ex anyways?

she rang me because there was a problem with a mutual friend of ours but i got the impression that she was delighted for an excuse to ring me and tell me she was engaged, i couldnt have cared less, didnt feel anything for her at that stage. she said she wanted to be friends, i told her that wasnt going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭chris525

pgj2015 wrote: »
    she rang me because there was a problem with a mutual friend of ours but i got the impression that she was delighted for an excuse to ring me and tell me she was engaged, i couldnt have cared less, didnt feel anything for her at that stage. she said she wanted to be friends, i told her that wasnt going to happen.

Exes can't be friends. They only want to keep you around to either string you along or to check up on you to see who moves on faster.

Do you have caller id? Don't answer if it's her. When I got engaged my ex was the last thing on my mind nevermind calling him like that. She's bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Look at it positively. Its cutting the ties. Its a release. Its a good thing for you and her.

Now you can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Exes can't be friends. They only want to keep you around to either string you along or to check up on you to see who moves on faster.

Do you have caller id? Don't answer if it's her. When I got engaged my ex was the last thing on my mind nevermind calling him like that. She's bad news.
    They can be friends. If they are good people. And its not a competition. Any exes that are friends I want to move on and they want me to move on. We are very healthy people.

I do have some exes who are not friends but to be honest anyone who is with them now i pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I agree with the exes can't be friends. she wanted me to meet her fiance and kept talking about getting married in front of me and asking everyone if they were seeing anyone, i didnt even cop what she was doing because i wasnt bothered that i was single, it was 1 of my friends who pointed it out to me what she was up to.

i havent heard from my ex in over 3 years thankfully, she knows i want nothing to do with her. she is a total drama queen and attention seeker.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Mod note:

As the OP hasn't been back in a couple of weeks and this is turning into a general discussion, I think it's time to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement