Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paint a Concrete Stair.

• 22-10-2019 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

We have put in a precast stair and we are thinking of painting it and then running a carpet up the middle. But i am getting alot of conflicting advice on who it should be painted. i was told to test it by pouring a small bit of water on a step, and see does it pearl or soak in to the cement. did this in a few places and it pearls.
    So i was advised i need a primer and then i could paint it.
    is there any samples of primers and paint i could get to see how it will turn out. i know that this paint and primer are expensive but i don't mind spending the money if i know it will be ok, can anyone advise where i could get a sample so i could test an area of the stairs.

many thanks

kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Sealant first then primer then whatever colour you want.
    All readily available in hardware stores

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

Sealant first then primer then whatever colour you want.
    All readily available in hardware stores

have you any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Polybond Universal should do the trick.
    Do one step as a tester

Advertisement