Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Berman RIP

• 08-08-2019 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

https://pitchfork.com/news/david-berman-silver-jews-purple-mountains-dead-at-52/

So sad. He'd just released one of the albums of the year and was about to tour for the first time in years.

Some of the new album lyrics are particularly poignant now.

If there's a finer opening line to an album than "In 1984 I was hospitalised for approaching perfection" (from Silver Jews' "American Water") then I've yet to hear it.

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Very sad indeed, but very predictable. Was chatting about him a few weeks ago and said at the time that suicide seemed very likely on the horizon - so much despair in his lyrics and in every interview also, he wasn't made for this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Gutted about this. I've been solidly listening to the new album and his older discography on repeat last few weeks.

A genius with a pen.

My favourite song of his is 'I remember me'

Advertisement