Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleater-Kinney

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

New Sleater Kinney produced by St. Vincent. Not too far away from what I was expecting but curous to see what the rest of the album will sound like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I finished reading Carrie's book, and I loved every bit of it. Playing music and expressing herself through music really means a lot to her.

hunger_makes_modern_girl.jpg

I'm making my way through the audible version she narrates.

Another new song available today. This one's a Corin track and it's not great :|

Tour dates announced for next year. Brixton in London and Vicar St. on the 1st March.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Janet Weiss just left the band, rather abruptly.

Massive loss, puts a real dampener on the forthcoming release. Obviously wasn't particularly happy with the new musical direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Massive loss, puts a real dampener on the forthcoming release. Obviously wasn't particularly happy with the new musical direction.

Now, maybe this is the wisdom of hindsight and all that, but if you watch the clip of them performing on Fallon recently it really looks like her heart isn't in the performance, don't know if I blame her, it's not that great of a song IMO -

All very awkward, considering her face is all over the album cover. Things must have been really fractious behind the scenes.

I was going to post the exact same video and response last night, just look at her facial expression in the the placeholder image above.

I'm assuming things aren't too hostile behind the scenes as they have gone through turbulent times in the past and have figured out ways to manage and move on. Guessing as they've been preparing the live material Janet does not feel like she'd enjoy touring this material for 2+ years.

Poor St. Vincent is getting a bit of a hammering online. Fans thinking she's the one to blame which is absurd.

Advertisement