Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ALB25

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a horse share in the south Dublin and surrounding areas (kildare and wicklow borders). I'm in my mid twenties and have almost 20 years experience with horses, I've had a break of a year or so and I'm looking to get back into it. I've owned a horse previously and I'm happy with grooming, mucking out and general upkeep as well as riding out.
    I love jumping, hacking and riding on the flat but once I'm around horses I'm happy either way! I'm used to forward going and sensitive horses (previously schooled ex racehorse) but I'm open to any horse over 16.1/2hh. I'm a working professional and free in the evenings during the week (floodlights or an indoor arena would be ideal) however weekends also work.
    Happy to contribute financially on an agreed price. I've a full driving licence and a car.

Thank you :)
    Amy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laurareynolds

Currently looking into getting a horse for loan or lease. Just wondering what is the best way to go about it ? Have years of riding experience. Also what costs am I looking at? I would like to move horse to yard I’m currently doing lessons in on north Dublin. Any comments are greatly appreciated!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Currently looking into getting a horse for loan or lease. Just wondering what is the best way to go about it ? Have years of riding experience. Also what costs am I looking at? I would like to move horse to yard I’m currently doing lessons in on north Dublin. Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Hi Laurareynolds, welcome to the forum! I've moved your post to this thread as you may be interested in a horse share. Unfortunately we can't permit posts looking for/advertising horses for loan (or sale!!).

Have you asked in the yard in which you're getting lessons if they know of any horses that may suit what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Horsemadauntie

If you are interested in a Horse share on offer in the Wexford area close to Holmstown (between New Ross and Wexford Town) please pm me for details. Half Livery wanted and experienced light rider for a gentle calm but energetic gelding. Amazing facilities with a wide variety of activities on offer where he is stabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 margit.stie

Desperately looking for a share for my daughter in the Wicklow/South Dublin area, or anywhere close to Bray. She is thirteen going on fourteen and due to her age we have been turned down a lot but i'm being honest when i say she's mature beyond her age. She's been riding for 5 or so years and she's leased a few times but a share where she could come up a few times would be handier for us as we wouldn't have the time to come up everyday. Anything above 14.2 would be suitable, we're looking for a horse who can bring her on in her riding and we're not really looking to compete. If anyone has or knows of anything it would be great if you could please get in contact and please ask questions if you're not sure! - Margit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 gra456

May have a horse that may suit you. pm me please

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Natalia81

Hi. I've moved to Kilkenny and would love to find someone who needs help with their horse. I'm an experienced horse rider of 10 years....keen to ride 2/3 times a week and help out on yard if needed also. Please get in touch if you can help direct me or have a horse you'd like to share.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lynetterzg

Hi,
    I just moved to Galway for work, I’m 22 and sadly had to leave my loan, a 6yo french sports horse. I’m looking to find a new loan or maybe help out an owner with his/her horses.. If the horse is in a livery yard I don’t mind maybe sharing the costs and help out with DIY! I’ve references from previous happy owners, I’m an experienced rider I haven’t competed in a while now and used to do eventing back home... Please get in touch if you’re interested or know someone or somewhere to go :)
    Thanks a lot!
    Lyna

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DCMnewbie

Hi, I'm looking for a horse share in Galway/ south Mayo (I drive so anywhere 30/45 mins from Galway city would probably work). I'm an experienced rider; I've ridden from childhood (30 now), XC, English and western riding. I'm considering getting my own horse but having never owned one before, would firstly like to gain some experience/knowledge regarding the care & financial aspects etc of owning my own horse. And, obviously ride and spend time with a horse at the same time. I can also provide access to land (30 mins from Galway city) if needed.
    Thanks, Cliona

• Registered Users Posts: 5 horsemonkey

Hi all,
    I am 23 living in South Dublin looking to get back into riding after a long 3 years of working full time with exams. I am available in the evenings and weekends.
    I have been riding since I was about 4 and competed (not veey seriously!!) In college, just out of practice the last few years. I have experience working in stables so can do any jobs needed. I have a full license and willing to travel and or split a price to share a horse/ help somebody out.
    Please pm me if interested :)
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Loddles17

Looking for a pony share for my twelve year old. Preferably one already in yard that can share costs etc or rent ? Southside dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wendolin2000

Hi, looking for a share 2-3 evenings a week in Cork (Cobh, Kinsale area). I have to leave my own horse in Austria so I am searching for a horse to do some flat work, hacking and a bit of jumping with.
    I have over 15 years of riding experience so I don’t mind if it is a bit green 😊. Preferable 16.2 hh, if you have anything suitable please pm me,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BACKONCEAGAIN.

Interest in a Horse Share in Co Donegal (Letterkenny & environs)
    I have experience in working with horses, & in the past owned Cobs, and TB's, unfortunately I've been out of it for a while & don't have enough time to commit in owning a horse myself anymore, but would still wish to hack out a few times a week, if there is anyone in the afore mentioned area who has horses that require exercise, Please do PM me.
    Anita.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LNH86

I'm looking for someone to share riding my mare in the Cork city area, for 2 days a week. She is a good natured, sensible lady. Trustworthy on the road, forward going on cross country and a very honest jumper (1.10 and above). PM me if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DeadLee

Horse Share / Help riding out (South Dublin / Wicklow / Kildare border)

Hi,

I’m a 30yo female - have recently got back into riding after a 12 year break. Previously owned my own horses until Leaving Cert years. Was quite experienced (pony club, hunting, some show jumping). Currently back doing a few hacks/beach rides in riding schools, but am looking for something more regular. I’m a little rusty but used to forward going horses (not school ponies), and am gentle handed.

Ideally looking for someone who might need help riding out horses as my working hours are changeable - but am open to a horse share too if the situation suited us both. I’m usually free evenings and weekends.

Obviously nothing will be arranged until after COVID lockdown - but said I would put the feelers out now.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested!

Yvonne

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eimer Butler

DeadLee wrote: »
    Horse Share / Help riding out (South Dublin / Wicklow / Kildare border)

Hi,

I’m a 30yo female - have recently got back into riding after a 12 year break. Previously owned my own horses until Leaving Cert years. Was quite experienced (pony club, hunting, some show jumping). Currently back doing a few hacks/beach rides in riding schools, but am looking for something more regular. I’m a little rusty but used to forward going horses (not school ponies), and am gentle handed.

Ideally looking for someone who might need help riding out horses as my working hours are changeable - but am open to a horse share too if the situation suited us both. I’m usually free evenings and weekends.

Obviously nothing will be arranged until after COVID lockdown - but said I would put the feelers out now.

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,
    I have a 15"2 mare in wicklow area. We may be interested in horse share with the right person.
    Perhaps you could pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Hi, I have completed up to BHS stage 2 and used to own a horse. However I took a break from it for a while and have recently got back into lessons and am loving it again! I would really love to get lease or share on a horse. I am 25 and 5ft 6in and 140lbs. I would be able to lease in Dublin or Kildare and have my own transport. Please let me know if anybody would have a horse suitable. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 moniveroni

Hi, I am interested in finding out about a part time lease for my daughter who is a notice rider. We are in Swords so would need something quite local. She is 14 yrs old, 5'9" and slim. She is a reasonable and confident rider. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Hi, I am in Limerick (Patrickswell area). I got into horses as an adult and have been learning for two years now; my son Theo, who is 9, is also learning, we're both at the "confident trot, starting to canter" stage.

I explored getting a horse, but upkeep sadly proved too expensive as I don't own any land. So I'd like to find a horse share, so that we can both spend more time riding and also get some practice in caring for the horse. County Limerick would be great, but North Cork (around Charleville), East Clare, or the parts of Tipperary closer to Limerick would work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cullean1

Hi there

We are two sisters in late 30s who have recently got back into riding after a number of years . Previously worked with ponies until Teenage years. We were quite experienced (pony club, hunting, some show jumping). Currently back doing hacks and lessons in riding schools, but we are looking for something more regular.

Ideally looking for someone who might need help riding out horses or larger ponies. We are open to a horse share too if that was possible otherwise.

We are based in south dublin Wicklow area
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aria131

I am interested in finding out about a share/part time lease for my daughter who is 7 years old. She loves horses and her riding lessons and I was hoping that having more access to a horse will build her skills and confidence. She is a beginning rider, so some lessons will be in order as well.

I have looked into purchasing and livery, but am hesitant to make the commitment...it would be great to have a trial run of some sort and I'm hoping someone sees this that has something available. Ideally we are looking for for something local to Ratoath/Ashbourne area.

I'm not really sure how the horse share works, but interested in learning more. Looking forward to hearing from you. All the best. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BubbleBuddy

I'm looking for a horse share or lease in south Dublin, Kildare or Wicklow areas.

2 or 3 days a week, used to ride many years ago (pony camps, lessons, etc) and returned to weekly lessons a couple of years ago. If anyone knows anywhere in these areas - private livery, leasing, yards, or can send me in the right direction, let me know.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ingrid123

I'm looking for a horse share or lease in south Dublin, Kildare or Wicklow areas.

2 or 3 days a week, used to ride many years ago (pony camps, lessons, etc) and returned to weekly lessons a couple of years ago. If anyone knows anywhere in these areas - private livery, leasing, yards, or can send me in the right direction, let me know.

Thanks.

Hi, if you would be interested in a happy hacker in the wicklow area (just off the N11) let me know. Have a 16h heavy traditional cob that I have built up my confidence on and been on many hacks with.

Kind regards
    Ingrid

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lysergic1990

Professional looking to help with exercising, schooling and also youngstock progression for free, in exchange for good experience and references. Cork area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 annamari

I'm a 34 years old experienced rider looking for a horse to part share in Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow or alternatively help out with a horse every now and then. I live in Citywest and have a car, so I can be fairly flexible with the location. I've done horse riding for years, and this wouldn't be my first time sharing either. I'm comfortable in all paces, indoors and out, on an arena or not. Dressage is my passion but I can do a bit of jumping too if needed. I'd love to find a horse that can do something beyond pure basics on the flat. I'm 5'6 (169cm) tall. I'd be looking to ride max. 3 times a week - ideal would be somewhere around 1-2 times a week. I'm happy to provide more information and photos/videos if required. 

Please let me know if you're looking for a sharer or even some sort of more infrequent help with your horse. I've had a break from riding due to the pandemic and would love to get back in the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sammie89

Hi

Looking for someone to help bring on my youngster. Was backed last year but then left to mature. Arena being built.

17hh Irish draft. Big baby around the yard

Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thanafin

Hi there,

We are looking for a 15/16/17 year old to part lease a wonderful 14.2 pony in our yard in Ballincollig, Cork. My daughter rides but we would like to create a bit more buzz around the yard as her two sisters have lost interest. We have just put in an arena, have jumps and xc course. The rider must be competent and passionate. Opportunity to join pony club and go to events. DM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 G03G

Hi,

Looking for a Horse share/part Loan in Dublin/Meath for lady rider. Ideally, 2-3 days per week with 1 of those days at the weekend and evenings on other days. 15 2hh -16 2hh. Would like to do a mix of jumping, dressage and hacks. Not a novice rider, confident but rusty so green horse would not suit. Expect to pay half livery and cost of shoes etc.

Please PM if you have anything that might suit.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Lovely Schoolmaster available for part share.

I am looking for a kind experienced rider to join myself and one other girl in sharing my beautiful 16.1hh ID 16yrs gelding.

2 days a week.

He is stabled in a lovely livery yard in Enniskerry Co Wicklow- with two arenas, and good off road forest hacking.

He is a been there done that type of horse and very special to me.

If interested please inbox me to discuss further.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 orlagho

Hi all,

Looking for a share for any amount of riding in Mayo/Sligo area. I am 24 and recently got back into riding after a couple of years off. Grew up riding frequently since age 4 and competed, also groomed at events. Rode in college but stopped during covid. Used to groom but willing to learn to help with any and all jobs needed, just dying to get back in the saddle as much as I can. I have a full license and car so willing to travel, and willing to split a price to share a horse/ help somebody out.

Ideally, 2-3 days per week with some weekend or evenings but am flexible. Im 5'7 so maybe 15 2hh upwards. Would like to do a mix of jumping and hacks. Not a novice rider, confident but rusty so green horse would not suit. Please pm me if interested, I'm very eager.

Thanks

Advertisement