Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Beef chop suey with noodles and chips.

Chocolate donut with custard filling for dessert along with Smirnoff with cranberry juice and crushed ice.

It's the weekend baby, and it's a long one.

You said it! Suppin a €1 can of Heineken that was on special offer earlier in the week. Well stocked up on beer and food. I can cook for myself tonight or order in. Not sure yet. Just resting the muscles after painting gates and fences. I'll tell ya Rows the right hand is aching like never before.:D

Might be too strong a flavour for her. I love it personally.

She'll have to try it S as mustard is a must.:D I use colemans though. Not mad about the American mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Unreal. I've never tried vodka with cranberry juice. I found a cucumber vodka and I mixed it with apple juice. Seriously nice but not being sold anymore.

I had a bottle of that cucumber vodka and one night two friends came back to the house after the pub and couldn't make up their minds between it and prosecco so the three of us ended up mixing both thinking we were great craic altogether.

Jesus the hangover was monumental.

I was stuck on the couch for the next day drinking Bovril watching Netflix feeling sorry for myself.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    She'll have to try it S as mustard is a must.:D I use colemans though. Not mad about the American mustard.

I grew up on Colemans too. I have the American one here cos it was online shopping and the other wasn't available. It's grand in toasties but sweeter than Colemans really.

I had a bottle of that cucumber vodka and one night two friends came back to the house after the pub and couldn't make up their minds between it and prosecco so the three of us ended up mixing both thinking we were great craic altogether.

Jesus the hangover was monumental.

I was stuck on the couch for the next day drinking Bovril watching Netflix feeling sorry for myself.

Oh oh. Did you get it in Lidl? It was seriously tasty. Prosecco on its own gives me hangovers. If you want to mix anything with prosecco it should be a nip of pink gin. It's a popular cocktail but strong.

• Advertisement

Oh oh. Did you get it in Lidl? It was seriously tasty. Prosecco on its own gives me hangovers. If you want to mix anything with prosecco it should be a nip of pink gin. It's a popular cocktail but strong.

I sure did.

Once.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

They don't sell it anymore so you're safe!

I've opted for a takeaway curry and chips. I might add some Diggers spring rolls from my freezer for the food craic. Still enjoying these beers. Really enjoying them in a happy house. When the house is happy, I'm happy.:D

I'm having a gin but it's the unflavoured one and I'm not used to it. Tastes different

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Garlic bread and Lasagne was for dinner and a cornetto for dessert :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

Would she try wholegrain mustard G? Much milder in terms of heat but still a nice mustard taste off it.

Wholegrain is lovely in mash actually? A guy in work offered me some before. Savage fare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Avacado with chillies and lemon juice with toasted bagel, hummos, fried eggs and cheese.
    Tobassco extra hot is lovely with this kind of dish.
    Bought fixx coffee for my aeropress and it's surprisingly nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

So far only throat lozenges until the coughing subsides.

...then scrounging in the press (like a mouse) for whatever crumbs may be edible until Monday shops. Dry rice, beans possibly - must get creative so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I think it was Surreptitious who mentioned Lidl lemon sole goujans and i picked some up today. They're really tasty. I had them with spinach and lemon salad topped with flaxseeds and super lemony hummus on the side.
    Dollop of tartare sauce too.
    All that was missing was a beach and some sunshine :) oh and some salty vinegary chips!

VW 1 wrote: »
    Would she try wholegrain mustard G? Much milder in terms of heat but still a nice mustard taste off it.

I wish. I'd say the grains would put her off. She is only starting her heat phase, but in this house it won't take her too long to appreciate it.:pac:

Porklife wrote: »
    I think it was Surreptitious who mentioned Lidl lemon sole goujans and i picked some up today. They're really tasty. I had them with spinach and lemon salad topped with flaxseeds and super lemony hummus on the side.
    Dollop of tartare sauce too.
    All that was missing was a beach and some sunshine :) oh and some salty vinegary chips!

I really want fish and chips in a bag (smoked cod) and a walk along a beach. A carton of bainne in my pocket. I don't care what the weather is like. Sea air. Greasy fingers. Loads of napkins. A sit down spot looking out to sea as I finish the grub. Tramore would be my closest go to place. Me and Mrs G are seriously considering a sneaky trip soon while Ms G is in school.:D

It wasn't me who was talking about the goujons? It must have been Mam of 4 or someone else. They looks really good though.

I had lasagne form my local Supervalu, just one portion for 3 euro.
    I ordered ribs and chips in the shopping to be like G haha
    I usually do the shopping myself but I'm just not in the mood to do it this weekend so ordering it online.
    It's handy about once a month but I don't mind going in myself because I always end up seeing stuff I had forgot about.

It wasn't me who was talking about the goujons? It must have been Mam of 4 or someone else. They looks really good though.

I had lasagne form my local Supervalu, just one portion for 3 euro.
    I ordered ribs and chips in the shopping to be like G haha
    I usually do the shopping myself but I'm just not in the mood to do it this weekend so ordering it online.
    It's handy about once a month but I don't mind going in myself because I always end up seeing stuff I had forgot about.

You know you won't regret the ribs and chips. Looking forward to seeing your version S.:)

I have the Board out.:eek: I'm sliding towards some chicken with attitude spicy tenders, more of that Aldi spicy slaw and chips. But a beer calls. Wasn't gonna bother, but feck it.

You know you won't regret the ribs and chips. Looking forward to seeing your version S.:)

I have the Board out.:eek: I'm sliding towards some chicken with attitude spicy tenders, more of that Aldi spicy slaw and chips. But a beer calls. Wasn't gonna bother, but feck it.

Get it into you.
    The ribs are just ones you feck in the oven and frozen chips. Pure lazy sod here. Got no slaw though

• Advertisement

Spaghetti bolognese with sweet potato fries this evening :)

What are 'attitude' spicy tenders? Do they give you grief :pac: :p

What are 'attitude' spicy tenders? Do they give you grief :pac: :p

A brand available in local shops. The reps worked very hard last year during lockdown to launch it. Spicy, popcorn and plain. Great stuff S.

Chicken with Attitude is the brand, All Frozen,

A brand available in local shops. The reps worked very hard last year during lockdown to launch it. Spicy, popcorn and plain. Great stuff S.

Chicken with Attitude is the brand, All Frozen,

Oh that's good. I thought it was a typo and I was kidding with you. Fair play to them. It's great to support local too.

Earlier.:D

IMG-20210502-145032.jpg

Ordering in this evening. I've a nice piece of beef for tomorrow with the usual trimmings.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had a bottle of Pat Frog, not a patch on the old ice lollies

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Had a bottle of Pat Frog, not a patch on the old ice lollies

Neither is a patch on the fat frog mixer of vodka, bacardi breezer and blue wdk. In my younger days I drank jugs of it on sun holidays. Not sure it would have the same appeal on a Courtown Staycation.:D

Roasted leg of venison and some real butter on the spuds.

Ham and pineapple pizza :)

• Advertisement

For breakfast. Rashers, potato waffles, beans and a buttered batch loaf heel. OJ to wash it down.

IMG-20210503-111519.jpg

Dinner a short while ago was roast beef, mash, roast baby spuds, turnip, peas and gravy. Pint of bainne.

IMG-20210503-164601.jpg

Advertisement