Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Technician Apprenticeship

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Twigg21

Vladi_ wrote: »
    Well I don't have to guess if I've got the apprenticeship because I never even got an interview. I find them unprofessional and the whole thing left some dodgy feeling about them. It just doesn't make any sense.

You think they would have the decency to let us know thou. This isn’t the first time Ive been let down by them either. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jimny

Update:
    Couldn't get time off work to attend interview as I was/am relatively new to working there. Plus the over 50km commute each way was off putting as it would have cost me around €80+ a week and that's almost a quarter of the weekly wage. Plus with traffic and pathetic public transport, it's just not feasible.

Anyway, received an email from ATI on 3 September which read

'Many thanks for your recent application to become an Accounting Technician Apprentice. As the September term is about to commence I am reaching out to you to see whether another avenue of study may be suitable to your needs. We have our Academy here in Dublin, or as you are aware our nationwide network of partner colleges may also be suitable to you, and the third available option is our online programme.

I would be very happy to arrange a call with you to discuss the above options and the ways that any of these options would benefit you. All of my details are listed below for your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you once again for your interest in Accounting Technicians Ireland.'

Anyone else get this?

I told them the only way I'd be interested was the apprenticeship as I would have to be making a wage and couldn't afford to pay for training / courses etc

Also, today I received an offer to interview with a company for the apprenticeship, which I thought strange as it has already commenced. They are 60km exactly commute for me so again not feasible and I know I wouldn't get the time off from work.

Anyone else hear anything more? Any success stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭scrap_man

jimny wrote: »
    Update:
    Couldn't get time off work to attend interview as I was/am relatively new to working there. Plus the over 50km commute each way was off putting as it would have cost me around €80+ a week and that's almost a quarter of the weekly wage. Plus with traffic and pathetic public transport, it's just not feasible.

Anyway, received an email from ATI on 3 September which read

'Many thanks for your recent application to become an Accounting Technician Apprentice. As the September term is about to commence I am reaching out to you to see whether another avenue of study may be suitable to your needs. We have our Academy here in Dublin, or as you are aware our nationwide network of partner colleges may also be suitable to you, and the third available option is our online programme.

I would be very happy to arrange a call with you to discuss the above options and the ways that any of these options would benefit you. All of my details are listed below for your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you once again for your interest in Accounting Technicians Ireland.'

Anyone else get this?

I told them the only way I'd be interested was the apprenticeship as I would have to be making a wage and couldn't afford to pay for training / courses etc

Also, today I received an offer to interview with a company for the apprenticeship, which I thought strange as it has already commenced. They are 60km exactly commute for me so again not feasible and I know I wouldn't get the time off from work.

Anyone else hear anything more? Any success stories?

Any update on this?

I just applied last night for the January 2019 apprenticeship. I know it's late in the day to apply but you never know.
    Is there anybody else after applying for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭David290990

Did anyone got Placement here yet 🙄

Advertisement