Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Cooking Club Week 40: Stuffing Balls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh great thanks. Carpel tunnel is kicking my butt so really didn't want to have to redo them!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Just made 22 of these with the 1lb of Aldi sausage meat, added sage and wholegrain mustard. only have 20 left for tomorrows dinner and can see that number getting smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Mine are made and waiting for tomorrow
    I added finely chopped green pepper (really pale nearly yellow in parts.)
    Yummmy
    Love these thanks Bazmo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Bazmo, you'll have more hits with this thread than Shane Macgowan ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Loire wrote: »
    Bazmo, you'll have more hits with this thread than Shane Macgowan ;):pac:

Haha. At least it's a nice tradition now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Have these made and waiting in the fridge to cook tomorrow. I added sage and then rolled the finished stuffing balls in the leftover breadcrumbs I had. Cooked a couple up for myself and OH to taste. Wowzers. These are going to make amazing leftover sandwiches, and I can only imagine them with gravy :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

16 ready to be eaten.

16 ready to be eaten.

Did you just make enough for yourself? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

No doubt you're speaking from experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Have a serious dose of these made for tomorrow (26 in total). Stuck to the recipe more or less. Just added a little sage and diced red pepper. Very tasty, can't wait to have with the turkey and some gravy tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Feck. I used sage with them for the trial run, ended up with thyme tonight, and only realised it now.

beertons wrote: »
    Feck. I used sage with them for the trial run, ended up with thyme tonight, and only realised it now.

That's not a bad thing though, they'll be just as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Thanks for the recipe. Went down an absolute treat. Prepped yesterday and cooked today. Delicious

Jesus it's hard to stop eating these. Had a pile with the Xmas dinner, but have around 16, no 15, now it's 14 left.... I. Can't. Stop. Eating. Them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Lola92 wrote: »
    rolled the finished stuffing balls in the leftover breadcrumbs

Followed you on rolling them in the left over breadcrumbs. Awh man, just beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

Prepared these lastnight & cooked them today. They were lovely!! Thanks for the recipe!!! :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I made these for Christmas dinner so I'm reporting back.

Firstly, I made them a good week in advance. I froze them and defrosted them on Christmas morning, and they were perfect.

Secondly, I made them with pork mince, as suggested, because sausages in Canada are rubbish (and often made from beef!). I definitely missed some of the flavour of the sausage meat, but if I hadn't had them before, I wouldn't have known the difference. All of my guests were very impressed and kept going back for more. Thanks again, BaZmO!

Faith wrote: »
    I made these for Christmas dinner so I'm reporting back.

Firstly, I made them a good week in advance. I froze them and defrosted them on Christmas morning, and they were perfect.

Secondly, I made them with pork mince, as suggested, because sausages in Canada are rubbish (and often made from beef!). I definitely missed some of the flavour of the sausage meat, but if I hadn't had them before, I wouldn't have known the difference. All of my guests were very impressed and kept going back for more. Thanks again, BaZmO!

Cool. I like that they can be frozen. In all the years that I've made them I've never frozen them.

Glad you enjoyed them Faith.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just to be clear, I froze them uncooked :)

Faith wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I froze them uncooked :)

Yeah I gathered that. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

These won me high praise indeed yesterday bazmo. Many thanks for a keeper recipe.

I froze a batch of these bad boys (cooked) after the Xmas dinner.

I wrapped them in a double layer of tin foil, and then put them in a freezer bag. Last week, took them out of the freezer bag, and put them into the oven for along with a cooked chicken.

Believe it or not, they are nearly nicer the second time around!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I froze a batch of these bad boys (cooked) after the Xmas dinner.

I wrapped them in a double layer of tin foil, and then put them in a freezer bag. Last week, took them out of the freezer bag, and put them into the oven for along with a cooked chicken.

Believe it or not, they are nearly nicer the second time around!
    That's good to know. I have to have them if I make a Sunday Roast but sometimes the effort can be too much if I don't make them the night before.
    I must make up a big batch of them and then have them ready to go when needed.

Cooking them the second time wouldn't really matter I suppose as the drying out would just help with the gravy soakage. :)

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That's good to know. I have to have them if I make a Sunday Roast but sometimes the effort can be too much if I don't make them the night before.
    I must make up a big batch of them and then have them ready to go when needed.

Cooking them the second time wouldn't really matter I suppose as the drying out would just help with the gravy soakage. :)

Oh, I meant to let you know as well, I had a batch made with added diced red bell peppers - Wow, they were beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Forgot to chip in here when I made these over Christmas. Excellent - a big hit with everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I've just made a batch of these, thanks for the recipe. I did one batch as per your instructions and then another batch with a grated apple, orange zest and fresh nutmeg. I've put the whole lot into the freezer on a tray for enthusiastic consumption later in the week.

UjjND9o.jpg?1

Did you use onions in your second batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

going to make a few batch's of these, one batch as OP recipe, one batch with spices added and another batch with grated cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Bazmo, happy Christmas to you and yours.
    Your stuffing ball recipie is now a tradition in this house.

I've made a slight modification and I'll accept any consequences as being my fault if they are not right.

I was feeling very queasy earlier so I couldn't handle the egg. I grated in Apple instead and added chopped peppers.
    I cannot wait for these tomorrow:) :)

Happy Christmas one and all !

• Advertisement

Thanks lisha. Happy Christmas to you and yours too. Hope you all enjoy your dinner.

I love that the Stuffing Balls have become your tradition too. :)

Advertisement