Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished up Akame ga Kill last night. Great little short series, full of action and twists. A bit more violent than the rest, but not ott (if cutting people in half in 1 go is not ott, it's not Goblin Slayer gory). I recommend it.

Now to find something else to watch, Sword Art Online is not holding my interest. Any further recommendations? Mostly into Shounen, mainly fantasy/magic rather than guns, etc. So far have watched:

HxH
    One Piece
    Kimetsu no Yaiba
    Black Clover
    Naruto
    Baki
    That other fighter one on Netflix
    Fairy Tail
    TTIGRAAS
    Assassination Classroom
    AoT
    My Hero Academia
    The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Goblin Slayer
    Akame ga Kill
    Mob Psycho 100
    Blue Exorcist
    Twin Star Exorcists
    Dr. Stone
    Is It Wrong To Try And Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon
    Berserk
    GATE
    Hundred
    Seven Deadly Sins
    Some more on Netflix, can't remember right now.

(And all within the last year or so!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

No Guns(ish) fantasy:

• That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Isekai and he's a slime.
    • Re: Zero. Iseakai and mild
      he dies and it resets like reloading a game save
    • Konosuba. Iseaki and the rest of the party is very disfunctional.
    Modern No Guns
    • Fate Stay/Night: Unlimited Blade Works. Summon ancient heroes and use them as pokemon in a battle for the holy grail. It's better than it sounds.

Modernish and Oh So Many Guns:

• Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka. Magical girls, like Sailor Moon, recruited into special forces (this one is pretty grim at times).
    • Saga of Tanya the Evil. Isekai and he's a 12 year old blonde girl who joins the Imperial German army in the 1920s plus there's magic.

Thing I Recommend to Everyone
    • A Place Further than the Universe. Highschool girls go to Antarctica because anime.
    • Shiro Bako. Anime about making anime

Everything is on Crunchyroll except Fate, that's on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Evade wrote: »
    No Guns(ish) fantasy:

• That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Isekai and he's a slime.
    • Re: Zero. Iseakai and mild
      he dies and it resets like reloading a game save
    • Konosuba. Iseaki and the rest of the party is very disfunctional.
    Modern No Guns
    • Fate Stay/Night: Unlimited Blade Works. Summon ancient heroes and use them as pokemon in a battle for the holy grail. It's better than it sounds.

Modernish and Oh So Many Guns:

• Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka. Magical girls, like Sailor Moon, recruited into special forces (this one is pretty grim at times).
    • Saga of Tanya the Evil. Isekai and he's a 12 year old blonde girl who joins the Imperial German army in the 1920s plus there's magic.

Thing I Recommend to Everyone
    • A Place Further than the Universe. Highschool girls go to Antarctica because anime.
    • Shiro Bako. Anime about making anime

Everything is on Crunchyroll except Fate, that's on Netflix

UBW is on Crunchyroll, it is just listed as Fate/Stay Night without its subtitle.

UBW is on Crunchyroll, it is just listed as Fate/Stay Night without its subtitle.
    So it is. It was the original Fate when I checked a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Binging hard on re :zero at the moment, can't wait to see how it all plays out

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Binging hard on re :zero at the moment, can't wait to see how it all plays out

Second season next year too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching bleach again, on episode 140.

Watching bleach again, on episode 140.

My condolences, it's trash after episode 64.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My condolences, it's trash after episode 64.

Yes first 64 episodes were amazing, the bounts arc was weak but this current arc with the Espada, I'm finding it more interesting than the bounts, so will stick with it.

Yes first 64 episodes were amazing, the bounts arc was weak but this current arc with the Espada, I'm finding it more interesting than the bounts, so will stick with it.

It had such a good start, then just drags. The manga is the same it gets dragged out worse than Dragon Ball, not surprised it eventually got cancelled.

• Advertisement

I did notice it dragged a bit towards the end, but I still found it enjoyable. His powering up kept me going!

Started watching Ushio and Tora, about 19 episodes in, and it's a grand little show. Nothing new or spectacular. Reminds me of Naruto and his relationship with the 9 Tails, including the similarity between 9 Tails and Tora, but seeing as this was out before Naruto I think someone did a bit of robbing [story spoiler for Ushio and Tora]
    especially considering the overall baddie in this also happens to have 9 tails...)

It will keep me going for a while anyway, at least until My Hero is back this week (October 12th).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Now to find something else to watch, Sword Art Online is not holding my interest. Any further recommendations? Mostly into Shounen, mainly fantasy/magic rather than guns, etc. So far have watched:
    DanMachi, Isekai Cheat Magician, One Punch Man, Hataage! Kemono Michi (if you don't mind furries), Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutstu (though I prefer less fan service and a more dark version in the highly recommend Overlord's three seasons), Shinchou Yuusha (the most cowardly hero ever!), Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (basically someone get's called to a fantasy world and gets setup as a fall guy) and of course no recommended list is complete without Shokugegi no Soma; the series that should not work but simply do!

Nody wrote: »
    DanMachi, Isekai Cheat Magician, One Punch Man, Hataage! Kemono Michi (if you don't mind furries), Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutstu (though I prefer less fan service and a more dark version in the highly recommend Overlord's three seasons), Shinchou Yuusha (the most cowardly hero ever!), Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (basically someone get's called to a fantasy world and gets setup as a fall guy) and of course no recommended list is complete without Shokugegi no Soma; the series that should not work but simply do!

Agree with most of those except for kemono michi that show is just weird... More creepy than anything especially that scene with the cerberus lol

On a side note Looking forward to watching the new my hero academia later!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How is the My Hero Academia movie?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How is the My Hero Academia movie?

It's actually pretty good by SJ movie standards.

It's actually pretty good by SJ movie standards.

Yeah it's a good watch! Plot is solid and features a deku+all might team up

So, Ushio and Tora was quite good. Nice and short, good ending.

And in my want to find something else to watch, I've ended up starting HxH again. Only a few episodes in, but I remember why this is so good. Amazing work. Pity about Yoshihiro's health, hope he can get better and finish the story, but I did just read that he has passed on the intention to his wife in case he dies.

So, Ushio and Tora was quite good. Nice and short, good ending.

And in my want to find something else to watch, I've ended up starting HxH again. Only a few episodes in, but I remember why this is so good. Amazing work. Pity about Yoshihiro's health, hope he can get better and finish the story, but I did just read that he has passed on the intention to his wife in case he dies.

Have you watched the anime of his previous manga, Yu Yu Hakusho. There is a new ova episode of it out this year.

That would be pretty weird if his wife ended up finishing it considering she is the creator of Sailor Moon.

Have you watched the anime of his previous manga, Yu Yu Hakusho. There is a new ova episode of it out this year.

That would be pretty weird if his wife ended up finishing it considering she is the creator of Sailor Moon.

I was going to have a look at that after watching HxH (which I found out while Googleing last night is pronounced Hunter Hunter!). Yeah, would be weird but at least there's a back up just in case. Fair play to him for thinking that far ahead, and she also helped him (before she became his wife) with some colouring of the manga, so she has some experience with it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Violet Evergarden

• Advertisement

So just realised (via reddit) that The Seven Deadly Sins has started airing again, but it's a different company and there's some censorship going on. Anyone seen the new episodes yet, can they confirm/deny this (white blood, etc)? Be a shame if it's changed.

So just realised (via reddit) that The Seven Deadly Sins has started airing again, but it's a different company and there's some censorship going on. Anyone seen the new episodes yet, can they confirm/deny this (white blood, etc)? Be a shame if it's changed.

Censorship for the broadcast version is not unusual,worst I've seen was Terraformars where over half the screen was regularly blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looked that up. Wow, it's bad

Censoring.gif

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looked that up. Wow, it's bad

Censoring.gif

Yeah. This particular bit of censorship got memed to death.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRoL_nIXEXA2KrRHSUhA09orShRbGu6-eHT0njVQqALbtRcmFPL

Wow. Shur that's not even watchable. Couldn't watch anything like that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah. This particular bit of censorship got memed to death.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRoL_nIXEXA2KrRHSUhA09orShRbGu6-eHT0njVQqALbtRcmFPL

Ah, Tyrone and his basketball. Good times.

latest?cb=20160605150511&path-prefix=sv

My first foray into the gundam series and I must I'm really enjoying it, up to episode 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've watch most gundam series with some uc blank spots, but Iron blooded orphans instantly became my favourite gundam.

Don't judge all gundam series by it, it a decent bit different.

Varik wrote: »
    I've watch most gundam series with some uc blank spots, but Iron blooded orphans instantly became my favourite gundam.

Don't judge all gundam series by it, it a decent bit different.

Just remember to ignore all currently released UC stuff set after Narrative. F91 is weird and V is awful. Still waiting on Crossbones to get animated.

• Advertisement

Anohana, it hit me right in the feelings.

Advertisement