Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    was a lovely day here up to about an hour ago, been fairly dark, dismal and wet ever since.

Getting our 1st shower of the day now, otherwise its been bright and breezy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Some rain in Meath an hour ago. Clear now.
    Not sure the radar is working well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pauldry wrote: »
    It will be cold at the end of October and start of November then milder

I dont forsee much out of the ordinary bar the cold end of this month and some storms in December. But every year is different but dont ya know if theres snow it will be the same as the record breaking Summer just gone and ignore Ireland and move to Britain and Europe

charts are backing away from that cold end to October already. Slight chance of something cooler in early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Latest run showing the potential for a bit of wintriness over Scotland next weekend:

PSRhknx.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Threating clouds all day in cork city. Strong gusts of chilly enough wind aswell, didn't expect the strongish gusts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Cold and wet in rural Kilkenny, Currently 8.3C and raining for an hour or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Torrential rain on the Carlow side of Abbeyleix around 2.20, pretty badly flooded roads. Looks like it is very localised though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think we've got lucky here at Dunshaughlin, having missed most of the heavy showers, just a few light showers yesterday and today. Waterlogging from the past month is finally starting to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Been a nice enough week in Letterkenny overall, plenty of sunshine and not much rain, went for a walk at lunch time today and actually felt quite warm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Torrential rain in Castlebar since about 4am. Lots of spot flooding. Met off the mark with the forecast

• Advertisement

ens_image.php?geoid=64981&var=201&run=6&date=2019-10-19&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1

This mornings ensemble run shows the possiblity of 4 fairly dry days to come, perhaps the first mini dry spell since the deluge started a month ago. Looks increasingly mild too for the final week of October.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A bit of an Ireland v New Zealand day here in Dublin 16.....

Dismal. Grey, cold and damp.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    A bit of an Ireland v New Zealand day here in Dublin 16.....

Dismal. Grey, cold and damp.

similar here in Dunshaughlin, a wet, dull, damp and fairly cool day. Hopefully we get a small break from the wet conditions from tomorrow for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential showers in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice bright day in Letterkenny again with plenty of sunshine, from reading on here I feel like we've been getting the best of the weather over the past month or so, has been far more nice days since early September than we got all summer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Beautiful autumn sunshine in North County Dublin until about 2pm today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mt Dillon reporting -1c atm. First air frost of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Kerry airport was also reporting -1°c at one stage this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

What a glorious day. Cold but not a cloud to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Lovely October day. My fav type of weather at this time of yr. Cool and sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Beautiful day out, nippy in the shade but at least its dry.
    Lovely frost display still on the car roofs at 9 o'clock this morning.

IMG-20191021-093151.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Any thoughts on the talk of snow potential later this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,445 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Potential looks limited to high ground and some inland spots. Give it a couple of days.

KingJeremy wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the talk of snow potential later this week?

at best probably a mixture of rain and sleet to lower levels. If it's cold enough snow may stick on the mountain tops for a few hours. This is all happening at least a month before the season really begins. We're still only midway through Autumn so miracles can't be expected. It is likely to be cold and very wet for most of us. The roller coaster will be going through safety checks over the next month before tickets are available!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

At this point of year, sleet would be pretty interesting to see so I'll settle for that. Hopefully it's not our winter though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

esposito wrote: »
    I remember Halloween 2008 vividly where we had a dusting of snow on the Dublin mountains. Could well happen again this year.

I remember i think it was October 30th 2008 there was about 2inches of snow at my sisters house in Meath.

Met Eir's 5 day forecast at 9.30 showed 16c for Friday.
    I'd say plenty of confused people with all the talk of possible wintry weather Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Nice bright day in Letterkenny again with plenty of sunshine, from reading on here I feel like we've been getting the best of the weather over the past month or so, has been far more nice days since early September than we got all summer

This October hasn't been that bad on the whole up to now in my part of Dublin, many nice enough days. Chilly max temperatures generally but good spells of sunshine a fair amount of the days. Not my favourite (2018 was easily that) but I've definitely seen worse Octobers like 2011 and 2012. Better than I thought it would be. Besides showers, a lot of the rain recently since Saturday 5th has come through overnight so days have tended to be fairly sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Loud, lusty gale out here. Hardly let up this last while and set to blow today. Bringing a chill bite.

Seems to have morphed into winter very swiftly this week..

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Think there'll be snow this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

October has been pretty bad up until the Monday (I think) a week or two ago with the heavy rainfall in the morning. Since then it hasn't been bad so I guess I'll call it an OK month considering it's autumn and we were overdue an October worse than what we actually got.

Advertisement