Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-11-2018, 12:43   #1
raglinroad

Local Link - Newtown to Kilcock

Hello everyone

I was in touch with Local Link who don't currently run a service through Newtown, which is just outside Kilcock/Enfield.

After a few emails back and forth and a great chat with the Local Link manager, they have agreed to run a bus on Friday at 11:30am from Newtown and go into Kilcock.

I know it's a bespoke service, however, this is a preliminary route and discussions are ongoing to get a more permanent and regular bus service for the area. The reason Friday at 11:30am was chosen is because it was originally a request for my mother-in-law to have a service to get her pension.

It's free for those with a travel pass, and it's €5 in and €3 extra return for those not holding a travel pass.

It can be pre-booked within 24 hours of Friday at 11:30am. And leaves from Newtown and into Kilcock. At the moment there is no set time to return, it will return when same people who requested it are back on board the bus. If not requested, or your name not down it may leave without you (as far as I know).

If you're interested in booking this service, or live in the Newtown/Cloncurry/Enfield/Summerhill areas, and require regular transport in and out of Kilcock please get in touch with your Local Link services or ask here and I can try to answer as many questions as I know how.

If you feel it works for you - or you know someone who might - the more interest in this the better the chance of a more regular service.

Kind regards
raglinroad
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-11-2018, 19:36   #2
Lord Glentoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raglinroad View Post
Hello everyone

I was in touch with Local Link who don't currently run a service through Newtown, which is just outside Kilcock/Enfield.

After a few emails back and forth and a great chat with the Local Link manager, they have agreed to run a bus on Friday at 11:30am from Newtown and go into Kilcock.

I know it's a bespoke service, however, this is a preliminary route and discussions are ongoing to get a more permanent and regular bus service for the area. The reason Friday at 11:30am was chosen is because it was originally a request for my mother-in-law to have a service to get her pension.

It's free for those with a travel pass, and it's €5 in and €3 extra return for those not holding a travel pass.

It can be pre-booked within 24 hours of Friday at 11:30am. And leaves from Newtown and into Kilcock. At the moment there is no set time to return, it will return when same people who requested it are back on board the bus. If not requested, or your name not down it may leave without you (as far as I know).

If you're interested in booking this service, or live in the Newtown/Cloncurry/Enfield/Summerhill areas, and require regular transport in and out of Kilcock please get in touch with your Local Link services or ask here and I can try to answer as many questions as I know how.

If you feel it works for you - or you know someone who might - the more interest in this the better the chance of a more regular service.

Kind regards
raglinroad
Well done for enabling a positive change!
Thanks from:
07-11-2018, 05:53   #3
raglinroad

Thanks for the kind words.

Hopefully, it's a start for the small village to connect to it's nearest town. The more people that request it the better the chance.

Here's hoping!
09-11-2018, 01:50   #4
Victor

Put a notice in the local shop, pub, etc.
09-11-2018, 07:00   #5
raglinroad

Thanks Victor.

There is no local shop, or pub. I don't live there myself,

After speaking with them they are putting together meetings with the local parish and groups to get a more regular service up and running, no timeframe yet, but initial conversation indicated about 3 months until a dedicated bus route and times could be drawn up.
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 12:22   #6
raglinroad

Just an update.

Mother-in-law got the bus and was able to pick up her pension. The bus arrived on time, was very well run and it's a regular service for the time being.
Thanks from:
13-11-2018, 16:48   #7
highdef

I think I was behind that bus as it drove to the village from the Kilcock direction. Was around 09:30 last Thursday.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion