Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-06-2018, 12:19   #16
loyatemu
Registered User
 
loyatemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Greystones
Posts: 9,561
since the latest upgrade to the TopUp app, I can no longer read the balance on any of my cards. It detects the card but gets not further. Seems to be a few people compaining of the same issue on the Play Store - anyone here encountered it?
loyatemu is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-06-2018, 14:10   #17
AndrewJRenko
Registered User
 
AndrewJRenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu View Post
since the latest upgrade to the TopUp app, I can no longer read the balance on any of my cards. It detects the card but gets not further. Seems to be a few people compaining of the same issue on the Play Store - anyone here encountered it?
I find that it often takes two or three goes to read the card properly. I have to take it away for a few seconds, then bring it back in again and see if it can get a clean read. I have the same effect on two different phones from two different manufacturers.
AndrewJRenko is offline  
30-06-2018, 14:19   #18
loyatemu
Registered User
 
loyatemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Greystones
Posts: 9,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
I find that it often takes two or three goes to read the card properly. I have to take it away for a few seconds, then bring it back in again and see if it can get a clean read. I have the same effect on two different phones from two different manufacturers.
yeah I've found that too, but now it doesn't work at all - the progress bar goes about 10% of the way across and stops.
loyatemu is offline  
04-07-2018, 15:42   #19
DrPhilG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,250
Hope this isn't a daft question. I've read the FAQ but still need clarification.

I'm coming to Dublin for a few days from Donegal. Driving to Dun Laoghaire and staying there for 3 nights but will be heading into Dublin on Friday for most of the day, to Bray/Greystones for Saturday morning to afternoon, back to Dun Laoghaire to change and then into Dublin on Saturday evening.

Heading north again Sunday morning.

I was initially looking at a 3 day Leap Visitor card, but I believe that card doesn't cover trips outside Dublin County, so getting the Dart to Bray/Greystones wouldn't be covered.

Any other suggestions? Would I be as handy just taking the car to Bray and just pay normal fare for the trips into the city? There are 2 of us.

Thanks!
DrPhilG is offline  
04-07-2018, 15:47   #20
wench
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 563
Bray & Greystones are covered, they are in the Dublin short hop zone

See map here
http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/dart
wench is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-07-2018, 16:08   #21
Alun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bray, Co. Wicklow
Posts: 18,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu View Post
yeah I've found that too, but now it doesn't work at all - the progress bar goes about 10% of the way across and stops.
Mine still works, but does seem a bit fussier than before for some reason.


What annoys me most though is that simply holding the card to the phone, which then automatically starts up the app, fails every single time. I have to start up the app manually, and then present the card. Probably just a timeout that needs tweaking, but still anoying.
Alun is offline  
04-07-2018, 18:52   #22
DrPhilG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by wench View Post
Bray & Greystones are covered, they are in the Dublin short hop zone

See map here
http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/dart
Ah that's grand then probably will be worth it then. Standard return fare between Dun Laoghaire and Dublin/Bray is €6 odd so a 3 day visitor pass for €20 is already cheaper. Plus I can get around on the bus when in town.

Only down side is that I have to call to the airport on the way in to buy the visitor passes.

Thanks!
DrPhilG is offline  
04-07-2018, 19:19   #23
G_R
Mod
 
G_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhilG View Post
Ah that's grand then probably will be worth it then. Standard return fare between Dun Laoghaire and Dublin/Bray is €6 odd so a 3 day visitor pass for €20 is already cheaper. Plus I can get around on the bus when in town.

Only down side is that I have to call to the airport on the way in to buy the visitor passes.

Thanks!
You can also but them in the following city centre locations as per leap card website

Dublin City Centre

-Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell St.
-Discover Ireland Centre, 14 Upper O’Connell St.
-Visit Dublin Centre, 25 Suffolk St.
-Easons Busaras, Beresford Place
-Easons Heuston Station, Dublin 8
G_R is offline  
Thanks from:
04-07-2018, 20:25   #24
jecomichal
Registered User
 
jecomichal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to have two 24hr tickets active on one leapcard at the same time for the same zone (Limerick, BusEirean)? One for myself and one for my partner.
Thanks in advance
jecomichal is offline  
Advertisement
04-07-2018, 20:52   #25
Dravokivich
Moderator
 
Dravokivich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Keeping left!
Posts: 18,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecomichal View Post
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to have two 24hr tickets active on one leapcard at the same time for the same zone (Limerick, BusEirean)? One for myself and one for my partner.
Thanks in advance
You'll need 2 separate Leap Cards.
Dravokivich is offline  
Thanks from:
04-07-2018, 21:23   #26
DrPhilG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_R View Post
You can also but them in the following city centre locations as per leap card website

Dublin City Centre

-Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell St.
-Discover Ireland Centre, 14 Upper O’Connell St.
-Visit Dublin Centre, 25 Suffolk St.
-Easons Busaras, Beresford Place
-Easons Heuston Station, Dublin 8
Sorry, yeah I knew about those locations too but as I'm heading to Dun Laoghaire tomorrow afternoon it would probably be faster to stop at the airport on the way down than to have to go into the city.

Thanks though!
DrPhilG is offline  
04-07-2018, 21:27   #27
yosser hughes
Registered User
 
yosser hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,367
I have an annual Luas Taxsaver Leap Card. Do I have to tag on and off? I do anyway but if I didn't, would I get done? I don't see why I would.
I would have thought there is no need to tag on and off to be honest.
yosser hughes is offline  
05-07-2018, 00:03   #28
Victor
Registered User
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Dublin
Posts: 71,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosser hughes View Post
I have an annual Luas Taxsaver Leap Card. Do I have to tag on and off? I do anyway but if I didn't, would I get done? I don't see why I would.
I would have thought there is no need to tag on and off to be honest.
They prefer if you do tag-on for a few reasons:
* It keeps your ticket up to date.
* It makes sure you actually have your ticket.
* It provides statistics on usage.
Victor is offline  
05-07-2018, 08:11   #29
yosser hughes
Registered User
 
yosser hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
They prefer if you do tag-on for a few reasons:
* It keeps your ticket up to date.
* It makes sure you actually have your ticket.
* It provides statistics on usage.
Thanks Victor. However, if I didn't tag on for some reason would it matter? Could I be fined?
yosser hughes is offline  
09-07-2018, 07:50   #30
gwalk
Registered User
 
gwalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 149
Is the app completely unresponsive for anyone else lately?

Won't read card at all for me, can't top up and cant see balance, kinda makes the app redundant
gwalk is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet