Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-09-2018, 15:03   #526
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
This morning was finally back to usual heavy morning traffic, with all level schools back in full swing. 15mins later into town than most of Summer.
Advertisement
04-09-2018, 15:08   #527
cgcsb

ABP decision on college green plaza is due one month from now. Presumably the day that it's implemented will have to coincide with the day of a car ban on Bachelor's walk and George's St.

With any luck it'll be before Christmas, 4-5 years late.
06-09-2018, 11:03   #528
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
Back to taking earlier buses again. Tues, Weds and especially Today (because of weather) was dire
06-09-2018, 11:53   #529
cgcsb

Traffic this morning was a free-for-all. traffic lights and bus lanes largely ignored, people (cars bikes and pedestrians) just taking a shared space approach to junctions. I'm reminded of a wet day in Morocco. The current plans for BusConnects, car bans etc. cannot come soon enough, there needs to be 1st world standards of law and order on the streets.
(4) thanks from:
24-09-2018, 19:04   #530
dublinman1990

I heard some rumors recently that some routes will have changes after GAI begin DB's route in October.

The 54a is to have more duties with extra 5 marked-in duties with 4 of them covered on Mondays to Fridays with an extra duty for the weekends.

The 120 is meant to be transferred from Phibsboro to Summerhill Garage in the autumn. I heard no word about timetable changes yet though.

Summerhill will definitely lose the 14 with it going back to Donnybrook Garage. The 14/61 duties are meant to be all operated in Donnybrook.

There is to be a new DB route operated by Donnybrook Garage in January 2019. I have no more info on what that route will be like for now.

Re: the 15 route. The Ringsend duties of the 15 is meant to swap to Donnybrook. Harristown duties for the 15 will remain unchanged.

I heard no word yet on the 15a/b/d current status in Ringsend.
Advertisement
25-09-2018, 09:54   #531
Dravokivich

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcsb View Post
Traffic this morning was a free-for-all. traffic lights and bus lanes largely ignored, people (cars bikes and pedestrians) just taking a shared space approach to junctions. I'm reminded of a wet day in Morocco. The current plans for BusConnects, car bans etc. cannot come soon enough, there needs to be 1st world standards of law and order on the streets.
That's just a case of Monkey See Monkey Do. It has nothing to do with the modes and everything to do for those who've no capicity to think about what they're doing.
25-09-2018, 18:00   #532
punisher5112

15a/b stay where they are.
(2) thanks from:
06-11-2018, 09:33   #533
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Don't think there were accidents yesterday and today but I was 15 and 25 mins late from the norm yesterday morning and this morning respectively.

Buses were beyond capacity before reaching Crumlin (from Clondalkin). Today 2 people were sitting on the stairs and one woman standing upstairs. Horrifically bad.
06-11-2018, 09:42   #534
punisher5112

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
Don't think there were accidents yesterday and today but I was 15 and 25 mins late from the norm yesterday morning and this morning respectively.

Buses were beyond capacity before reaching Crumlin (from Clondalkin). Today 2 people were sitting on the stairs and one woman standing upstairs. Horrifically bad.
Rain, crashes and some more rain....

As soon as there is any dampness city goes to pot.

Today crashes everywhere and wet, 11km tail back on n4 I believe...
Advertisement
06-11-2018, 19:45   #535
Lord Glentoran

City Center? Is this Dublin, Ohio we’re talking about?
Thanks from:
06-11-2018, 20:40   #536
n!ghtmancometh

Phantom empty 13 turned up in Clondalkin Village this morning around 8:40am (RTPI was saying 6 mins for usual timetabled bus) so was in earlier and in non squashed, steamed up window comfort, for once.
07-11-2018, 06:22   #537
AlekSmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Glentoran View Post

Indeed m'Lord,where can one protest (against) this infernal misuse of the mother tongue ? ......
(2) thanks from:
07-11-2018, 06:40   #538
punisher5112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Glentoran View Post
Well I would have thought as the thread heading is Dublin that most at least would gather it's Dublin but not just the city centre....

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion