Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-08-2018, 23:06   #31
Infini

I'd say it would be just every 15m after 8pm. Also to be fair the luas runs at 12~15m intervals late in the evenings during the week too.

Another thing is that this could be a testing the water's issue as well as I know there might be issue's with those level crossings on the south side for example as well as wondering if it will be realistic to maintain a 10m frequency with the commuter's thrown into the mix.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-08-2018, 11:47   #32
Ireland trains

Id say the commuter services to bray will be shortened to terminate at pearse.
This would also allow for more commuter services
21-08-2018, 20:04   #33
GM228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland trains View Post
There was supposed to be a half hourly service to maynooth but i assume this has been deffered to December or cancelled
Not cancelled, November or December has been mentioned, nothing concrete yet.
21-08-2018, 20:08   #34
GM228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Common sense prevails at least its a realistic 10 minute schedule. Hope its not just a temporary before full 10 min.

What could drivers possibly need to discuss now, it just never ends...
There is one issue currently under discussion directly relating to drivers (reduction of the working week), but several other issues also going through the WRC affecting all grades from last years pay deal.

Last edited by GM228; 21-08-2018 at 21:18.
21-08-2018, 20:09   #35
GM228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinman1990 View Post
That's great news that the 10 minute DART will be going ahead by then. Who is the source of that news & why does it only have to run from 7am to 8pm?
I'm my own source

Quote:
I thought it could go longer than 8pm because demand could be still be steady at that hour of the night. There is a good few passengers who do use it currently after 8pm whenever I would use it from town sometimes. I could put the 10 minute DART from 7am to 10pm & then demand would drop off afterwards.

What will be the frequency after 8pm? Will it be every 20 minutes or what?
Frequency will be as it currently is after 20.00, there are aspirations to run a literal all day 10 minute service, but, one step at a time.

Quote:
Also how many carriages will be in use for each DART train between 7am & 8pm?
Sizes will vary (4, 6 and 8 carriages), the unions have raised this issue at the WRC and the company have indicated there will be slightly less 8 car trains, but more 6 car over 4 car trains - the NTA have allocated money to return some of the longer term out of service units to service.

Last edited by GM228; 21-08-2018 at 20:18.
Advertisement
21-08-2018, 21:26   #36
GM228

Quote:
Id say the commuter services to bray will be shortened to terminate at pearse.
This would also allow for more commuter services
No they are to stay as they currently are.
Thanks from:
21-08-2018, 21:57   #37
dublinman1990

I also remembered in my head that September 9th will be the formal launch day for the 175 with Go Ahead between UCD & Citywest. So between this launch of the 10 minute service for the DART & Go Ahead Ireland this day will be quite a big one for the start of public bus & rail services becoming evolved over time in Dublin.
21-08-2018, 22:07   #38
Ireland trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM228 View Post
Sizes will vary (4, 6 and 8 carriages), the unions have raised this issue at the WRC and the company have indicated there will be slightly less 8 car trains, but more 6 car over 4 car trains - the NTA have allocated money to return some of the longer term out of service units to service.
Do you mean the 8200 returning to service and there is enough coaches to operate minimum 6 car trains.
Thanks from:
21-08-2018, 22:08   #39
Ireland trains

Irish rail have updated their journey planner and now the connolly intercity services are there.
Greystones to connolly now takes 58min to an hour.
Ridiculous
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-08-2018, 22:09   #40
LeinsterDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM228 View Post
I'm my own source

Frequency will be as it currently is after 20.00, there are aspirations to run a literal all day 10 minute service, but, one step at a time.

Can you clarify what exact issue the union raised?
21-08-2018, 22:11   #41
LeinsterDub

Quote:
Irish rail have updated their journey planner and now the connolly intercity services are there.
Greystones to connolly now takes 58min to an hour.
Ridiculous
With little to no passing loops what do you expect?
(3) thanks from:
21-08-2018, 22:40   #42
Cloudio9

Is there an updated timetable anywhere?
21-08-2018, 22:44   #43
xper

I am curious to see if the (welcome) 10 minute schedule can be maintained considering "+5","+6","+7" appears extremely frequently on the Irish Rail app's Live Trains for any DART station on the second half of a train's timetable. Won't be surprised if the running times have been increased again to try and make it stick.

Would like to see an increase in weekend frequencies, especially Sunday, and especially at the outermost stations. An hour or more gap between trains in Greystones is totally unnecessary.

Hopefully 4-car DARTs are few and far in between - they'll cause delays at stations where half the waiting passengers are at the wrong end of a platform. Which does beg a question to those in the know hereabouts: why is it that current practice seems to be that DARTs pull up at the very end of the platform even if they're not 8-cars and the station entry point is toward the other end of the platform leaving a cohort of people scrambling to get to the end carriage? Dun Laoghaire northbound is particularly bad for this. I recall that there used to be platform markings and signs for different stoping points for each train length tailored for each platform. Why the change? Another sensible change, especially if we are going to actually have 4-, 6- and 8-car DARTS, would be for the platform displays to state the length of the next arriving train as is done on other systems.
(2) thanks from:
21-08-2018, 22:46   #44
Cloudio9

they stop at the same spot as the drivers use the screens on the platform to check the doors are clear.
21-08-2018, 23:16   #45
devnull

Quote:
Do you mean the 8200 returning to service and there is enough coaches to operate minimum 6 car trains.
Not all of the 8100 and 8500 class are being used at peak times, there can be half a dozen units that are free at peak time, some of which have been out of use for some time, that funding has been provided to return to service.

Last week I went past Clontarf Depot at peak time and I could see 16 cars sitting there in the sidings and that was excluding anything inside the depot itself.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion