Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Changes to Improve City Center Journeys

1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

So only West Dublin then where anti social behaviour exists? (Or wherever those other services end up on the northside). I don't use many buses myself but I seriously doubt that anti social behaviour exists on only four of the hundred or so routes in the DB network.

Yes I have used the buses for about 15 years and have only witnessed one anti social behaviour once. Look at the DB website and you'll that the 13, 27 and the 76 are regularly diverted out of the areas. When was the last time you saw a 46a being diverted out of Donnybrook or the 7 or the 4 out of Ballsbridge because of stone throwing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Yes I have used the buses for about 15 years and have only witnessed one anti social behaviour once. Look at the DB website and you'll that the 13, 27 and the 76 are regularly diverted out of the areas. When was the last time you saw a 46a being diverted out of Donnybrook or the 7 or the 4 out of Ballsbridge because of stone throwing.

You're not comparing like with like. Buses are sometimes diverted out of housing estates at the outer end of routes, not main thoroughfares.

Donnybrook and Ballsbridge are not housing estates. I've never heard of the routes mentioned being taken out of thoroughfares such as Drumcondra or Kilmainham because of stone throwing either.

You're not comparing like with like. Buses are sometimes diverted out of housing estates at the outer end of routes, not main thoroughfares.

Donnybrook and Ballsbridge are not housing estates. I've never heard of the routes mentioned being taken out of thoroughfares such as Drumcondra or Kilmainham because of stone throwing either.

I get your point but I'm just saying I don't see much anti social on the DB services that I use

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

I get your point but I'm just saying I don't see much anti social on the DB services that I use

You're not just saying that though. You're also saying that the behaviour only exists in a pocket of Dublin which is absolute nonsense.

You're not just saying that though. You're also saying that the behaviour only exists in a pocket of Dublin which is absolute nonsense.

It's not nonsense. There may isolated incidents on outside these areas from time to time but these are isolated incidents and the everyday why do you think the 27 is diverted in Jobstown on a regular basis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Qrt

It's not nonsense. There may isolated incidents on outside these areas from time to time but these are isolated incidents and the everyday why do you think the 27 is diverted in Jobstown on a regular basis?

Hate to rain on your parade but it's not "on a regular basis". Last summer's upsurge was due to some sh*ts noticing the SG buses had a ledge on the back which made scutting very easy. Scutting happens in town from time to time with skateboarders too.

In addition; the only video footage I've ever witnessed of a bus driver being physically assaulted was in the general SoCoDu area. It went around a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Anti social behaviour is only a real issue if the bus you get happens to be the 27 from Jobstown in the evening and other routes like the 13, 76 or the 40 and if you lived in those anti social would be effecting your daily life not just your bus commute.

I agree it's localised to certain routes but to suggest everyone living on the 13 or the 40 is suffering daily antisocial behaviour in normal live is utterly ludicrous. Can't speak to the 76.

Qrt wrote: »
    Hate to rain on your parade but it's not "on a regular basis". Last summer's upsurge was due to some sh*ts noticing the SG buses had a ledge on the back which made scutting very easy. Scutting happens in town from time to time with skateboarders too.

In addition; the only video footage I've ever witnessed of a bus driver being physically assaulted was in the general SoCoDu area. It went around a while ago.

The 184 incident was an isolated one. Almost all DB buses which are diverted are nearly always the same routes hardly a coincidence now is it that the 27 is often diverted out of Jobstown. Is it politically incorrect to say anti social behaviour is worse in certain areas than other areas it's the truth. You rarely see incidents on buses that don't go into rough areas.

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    I agree it's localised to certain routes but to suggest anyone living on the 13 or the 40 is suffering daily antisocial behaviour in normal live is utterly ludicrous. Can't speak to the 76.

If people's cars are burnt out or damaged, community services like playgrounds are damaged by scrotes and buses are removed from areas due to anti social it sort of is having an effect on your daily life. It may not happen every night but it's still an issue as people will have it at the back of their mind.

The 184 incident was an isolated one. Almost all DB buses which are diverted are nearly always the same routes hardly a coincidence now is it that the 27 is often diverted out of Jobstown. Is it politically incorrect to say anti social behaviour is worse in certain areas than other areas it's the truth. You rarely see incidents on buses that don't go into rough areas.

Again, 'often' it ain't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jaysus, can you not take that crap elsewhere - nothing to do with the thread

fritzelly wrote: »

Well aware of that. I was just correcting someone who thought that buses were getting pulled every day or the week. I had to listen to people say for weeks last year that I deserved no bus route because some gang of twelve year olds thought they'd be deadly and stand on the newly discovered ridge on the back. The buses have been fixed and I don't recall any recent incidents. I'm done now.

fritzelly wrote: »

I was responding to a user who pointed out that one of the reasons they don't travel by bus is because of anti social behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

If people's cars are burnt out or damaged, community services like playgrounds are damaged by scrotes and buses are removed from areas due to anti social it sort of is having an effect on your daily life. It may not happen every night but it's still an issue as people will have it at the back of their mind.

Just to clarify a typo in my post, I meant to say it's ludicrous to suggest everyone on those bus routes suffers from antisocial behaviour in their neighbourhoods

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This morning was finally back to usual heavy morning traffic, with all level schools back in full swing. 15mins later into town than most of Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭cgcsb

ABP decision on college green plaza is due one month from now. Presumably the day that it's implemented will have to coincide with the day of a car ban on Bachelor's walk and George's St.

With any luck it'll be before Christmas, 4-5 years late.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Back to taking earlier buses again. Tues, Weds and especially Today (because of weather) was dire

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Traffic this morning was a free-for-all. traffic lights and bus lanes largely ignored, people (cars bikes and pedestrians) just taking a shared space approach to junctions. I'm reminded of a wet day in Morocco. The current plans for BusConnects, car bans etc. cannot come soon enough, there needs to be 1st world standards of law and order on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I heard some rumors recently that some routes will have changes after GAI begin DB's route in October.

The 54a is to have more duties with extra 5 marked-in duties with 4 of them covered on Mondays to Fridays with an extra duty for the weekends.

The 120 is meant to be transferred from Phibsboro to Summerhill Garage in the autumn. I heard no word about timetable changes yet though.

Summerhill will definitely lose the 14 with it going back to Donnybrook Garage. The 14/61 duties are meant to be all operated in Donnybrook.

There is to be a new DB route operated by Donnybrook Garage in January 2019. I have no more info on what that route will be like for now.

Re: the 15 route. The Ringsend duties of the 15 is meant to swap to Donnybrook. Harristown duties for the 15 will remain unchanged.

I heard no word yet on the 15a/b/d current status in Ringsend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

cgcsb wrote: »
    Traffic this morning was a free-for-all. traffic lights and bus lanes largely ignored, people (cars bikes and pedestrians) just taking a shared space approach to junctions. I'm reminded of a wet day in Morocco. The current plans for BusConnects, car bans etc. cannot come soon enough, there needs to be 1st world standards of law and order on the streets.

That's just a case of Monkey See Monkey Do. It has nothing to do with the modes and everything to do for those who've no capicity to think about what they're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

15a/b stay where they are.

Don't think there were accidents yesterday and today but I was 15 and 25 mins late from the norm yesterday morning and this morning respectively.

Buses were beyond capacity before reaching Crumlin (from Clondalkin). Today 2 people were sitting on the stairs and one woman standing upstairs. Horrifically bad.

Don't think there were accidents yesterday and today but I was 15 and 25 mins late from the norm yesterday morning and this morning respectively.

Buses were beyond capacity before reaching Crumlin (from Clondalkin). Today 2 people were sitting on the stairs and one woman standing upstairs. Horrifically bad.
    Rain, crashes and some more rain....

As soon as there is any dampness city goes to pot.

Today crashes everywhere and wet, 11km tail back on n4 I believe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

City Center? Is this Dublin, Ohio we’re talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Phantom empty 13 turned up in Clondalkin Village this morning around 8:40am (RTPI was saying 6 mins for usual timetabled bus) so was in earlier and in non squashed, steamed up window comfort, for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Indeed m'Lord,where can one protest (against) this infernal misuse of the mother tongue ? ......;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Well I would have thought as the thread heading is Dublin that most at least would gather it's Dublin but not just the city centre....

Today easily the worst. Bad weather, closed N3. 30mins late bus and still not in the city centre yet

Advertisement