Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central London hotel

• 16-09-2019 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Any suggestions please for central London hotel? 4* standard. Location important as we will be sightseeing and walking a lot. Near to tube. There are so many chain hotels, Hilton, Thistle etc, all about £200/night but don't know which of them best located. Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

K+K Hotel in Earls Court. The rooms are not very big but it's spotlessly clean, there is a big private garden at the rear where you can bring a coffee or a drink and have a smoke and/or read a book. The breakfast buffet will satisfy anyone's requirements (usual hot food plus cheese, fruit, yoghurt, granola etc.) and the tube station (Piccadilly and District lines) is a 3 minute walk away. Earls' Court is in zones 1 and 2 so the offpeak Oyster/contactess fare from Heathrow is only £1.50

The hotel itself is in a quiet side street but it's just off Earls Court road where there is a large selection of pubs and restaurants of all shades. The tube connections mean that you can get there direct from Heathrow and you can go direct to the west end or the centre of London on the District or Piccadilly lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

I stayed in the Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo a few years ago and highly recommend it. It was only £120 for one night with breakfast which was brilliant value. I'd be suprised if it's still that cheap however. It's only a 5 minute walk from Waterloo station and 15 minutes from Westminster.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Park Grand Kensington, booked directly on hotel website, nice hotel, few mins walk to earls court tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Check out premier inns they are super

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The Tower Hotel London, fantastic location, very central and some of the best views in London. Tube, bus and DLR connections just up the road.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

M by Montcalm in Shoreditch. Two minute walk to tube station, lovely area and lovely hotel and great breakfast also

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I stayed in the Travelodge last May. Location was great and excellent value.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/639/London-City-hotel

Hotel only opened a year or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Mr.S wrote: »
    I know central London is relative, but Shoreditch!? :eek:

As someone who works in London, yeah. Shoreditch is a 2 minute walk from Liv St station.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Always stay in the Catchart Towers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The one at St Pancras is excellent

Advertisement