Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Campsites (Fly/Drive Holiday)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Flights booked
    Accommodation sorted
    Car hire, done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭De Bhál

crunchie1 wrote: »
    Hi, going to book altomincio this weekend..Finalising dates and have a query about the weather in early June or last week in June..Just afraid the weather wont be good on the first week of June? Any experiences?
    Thanks

don't know about the weather in June but we've spent the last 2 family holidays in Altomincio.

Loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Flights booked
    Accommodation sorted
    Car hire, done

Do you mind my asking which company/website you used for Car Hire ?

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Do you mind my asking which company/website you used for Car Hire ?

auto europe and then hertz.

€470 for 23 days, which works out at €20 per day

I used auto europe last year and found them fine

auto europe and then hertz.

€470 for 23 days, which works out at €20 per day

I used auto europe last year and found them fine

That's a great price. We have 21 days so will give them a go.

• Advertisement

I actually forgot to say where we're going
    Flying into Milan Linate
    Le Ecrins NP in France for 9 days
    Onto Le Devoluy in France for a week then back to Lake Como for a week.
    Using house exchange for the middle week so that's more or less a free week.
    Delighted to have it booked

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭crunchie1

De Bhál wrote: »
    don't know about the weather in June but we've spent the last 2 family holidays in Altomincio.

Loved it

Thanks.. booked end of June 9 Nights with the human company for 600. The relief when its booked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hi All,

I'm researching a week in Bella Italia and there's a 3 bed mobile available for a week through booking.com for €1500. Has anyone booked through booking.com or directly with the site? I'm just a little worried about the standard and not having the back up of a eurocamp style rep if we go direct? has anyone any experience?

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

highly1111 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm researching a week in Bella Italia and there's a 3 bed mobile available for a week through booking.com for €1500. Has anyone booked through booking.com or directly with the site? I'm just a little worried about the standard and not having the back up of a eurocamp style rep if we go direct? has anyone any experience?

Thanks a million

We've booked directly with Bella Italia before and found them very accommodating; they gave us a discount when we left a day early.

We've used booking.com for many places around Europe. Once, when the hotel made a mistake with the reservation, they sorted things out for us and secured a room upgrade and a 50% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

Resurrecting this thread as I just received confirmation from Bella Italia this morning that our booking has been moved to 2021. I requested this a week ago and asked would they honour this years price which they agreed to do. They were very easy to deal with and it gives us something to look forward to.

Roll on 2021, I would love to get away in September/October even for a city break somewhere but it looks highly unlikely at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi, going to book altomincio this weekend..Finalising dates and have a query about the weather in early June or last week in June..Just afraid the weather wont be good on the first week of June? Any experiences?
    Thanks

We went to Pescheria a few yrs ago in Jun
    Weather was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭Glebee

We had deposit booked with Norcenni Girasole Club south of Florence for end of August. No flight booked thankfully, was just about to book when this covid kick into Italy. Campsite are trying to see will we take a voucher for 2021. I think im just going to get the money back at this stage, god knows what flight cost will be net year with covid restriction or even if the camp site is still trading.

are these all bookings for this summer?

Mine was

We had booked to go to Bella Italia and Norcenni end of June. Eurocamp. Had paid only Deposit. They have moved it to 2021 for us. But we are going back to France on the Ferry then.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭crunchie1

Contacted the human company and they are letting us move to any dates we want for next year and also giving a 10% discount!

Contacted the human company and they are letting us move to any dates we want for next year and also giving a 10% discount!

Thats what were offered as well, i think im going to take the money back though. Are flights going to be craxy expensive next year?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Glebee wrote: »
    Thats what were offered as well, i think im going to take the money back though. Are flights going to be craxy expensive next year?????

How are you going to get your money back? They are not offering that and don't have to since the law changed recently in Italy.
    Have they given you the option of money back or are you just assuming you can get it?

Ludo wrote: »
    How are you going to get your money back? They are not offering that and don't have to since the law changed recently in Italy.
    Have they given you the option of money back or are you just assuming you can get it?

I dont know, I have an email from them. Im still between minds what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

And they actually offered money back rather than a voucher?

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    And they actually offered money back rather than a voucher?

Yes, but they asked that before I do I consider the voucher with 10% extra. I still have to decide. Voucher is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭useless

Glebee wrote: »
    Yes, but they asked that before I do I consider the voucher with 10% extra. I still have to decide. Voucher is tempting.

We’re booked to go in late June and have only been offered a voucher that can only be used within the next 12 months, not a refund. A 10% premium wouldn’t be nearly enough to tempt me - who knows what the place will be like next year and if you’d even want or be able to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I was due to go to Bella Italia on the 2nd of this month. Got a voucher instead of a refund but was offered a full refund. Moved my booking to July/August 2021. Virus will be in the background , much of the fear dispensed with by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Albert12

I had a family member come back this year and stayed in the bungalows
    Said very bad inside
    Very little mod cons and basic
    No toaster/kettle even
    Run down
    Wouldn’t stay in one again
    We stayed in a Avant from Eurocamp
    Much nicer
    Better off with the mobiles I think

Albert12 wrote: »
    I had a family member come back this year and stayed in the bungalows
    Said very bad inside
    Very little mod cons and basic
    No toaster/kettle even
    Run down
    Wouldn’t stay in one again
    We stayed in a Avant from Eurocamp
    Much nicer
    Better off with the mobiles I think

the bungalows in Bella Italia are borderline 2*
    Sis in law & family went last year and said same as you
    We had stayed year before in a Eurocamp Avant aswell and it was palatial, couldnt fault it
    It was a 3bed even though we only had 2 teenage boys they like their own space and the rooms can get hot at night with 2 sleeping in them, but large decks, everything you need

We had booked the 3 Bed Avant with Eurocamp for June in Bella Italia.
    Sadly, not to be this year.
    Back to France on the Ferry next year (fingers crossed!) with Avant Accommodation booked.
    Having stayed in a few different Eurocamp accommodations over the years, the 3 Bed Avant is best suited to our family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Diego Armando Mara

Hi,
    Looking to rebook our Summer Holiday for next June/July on the Adriatic. We are a family of 4, Boy 9 & Girl 6. Looking at splitting our 2+ weeks between 2 camp sites. Pools, Slides, Sea, decent selection of foods would be the priorities.
    How would you rate the following in preference?
    Union Lido
    Marina di Venezia
    Portofelice
    Camping San Francesco
    Camping Bra delle Torri

Any other campsite you would recommend?

Any feedback on these operators?
    Al Fresco
    Human Travel
    Homair
    SunCamp

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Booked Bella Italia for June 21. Were there 4 years ago and loved it so going back now that kids are a bit older.

2 adults, 6 and 3 is costing only €1,100 for flights and accommodation. Just need to add baggage and car hire to that.

The cancellation policy looks reasonable too.

Not doing another 2020 regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

Hi,
    Looking to rebook our Summer Holiday for next June/July on the Adriatic. We are a family of 4, Boy 9 & Girl 6. Looking at splitting our 2+ weeks between 2 camp sites. Pools, Slides, Sea, decent selection of foods would be the priorities.
    How would you rate the following in preference?
    Union Lido
    Marina di Venezia
    Portofelice
    Camping San Francesco
    Camping Bra delle Torri

Any other campsite you would recommend?

Any feedback on these operators?
    Al Fresco
    Human Travel
    Homair
    SunCamp

Thanks in advance

In the past we've stayed at Dei Fiori and Pra' delle Torri, both arranged directly with the campsite

The beach/sea is going to be identical for any of the sites along the Lido.
    The only difference might be access policy through the security gate for anyone with a kids wristband.

Dei Fiorri was a little more upmarket and conveniently located for day trips to Venice by ferry.
    Pra' delle Torri was on a similar scale to Union Lido, as well as having its own golf course. You'll need bikes for getting around especially for the little 'uns.
    We had our own but I've seen reviews that said the onsite hire wasn't cheap.
    The pool area was fine, but the 9 year old might find the slide selection a bit limited.

Keep an eye out for the fireworks display from Venice.
    It was usually on when we were there in early July, not sure how regular it is, but looks great from the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Diego Armando Mara

josip wrote: »
    In the past we've stayed at Dei Fiori and Pra' delle Torri, both arranged directly with the campsite

The beach/sea is going to be identical for any of the sites along the Lido.
    The only difference might be access policy through the security gate for anyone with a kids wristband.

Dei Fiorri was a little more upmarket and conveniently located for day trips to Venice by ferry.
    Pra' delle Torri was on a similar scale to Union Lido, as well as having its own golf course. You'll need bikes for getting around especially for the little 'uns.
    We had our own but I've seen reviews that said the onsite hire wasn't cheap.
    The pool area was fine, but the 9 year old might find the slide selection a bit limited.

Keep an eye out for the fireworks display from Venice.
    It was usually on when we were there in early July, not sure how regular it is, but looks great from the beach.
    Thanks for the feedback

Advertisement