Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home page permalink query - Help

• 07-07-2018 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for advice please. I'm currently working through my site to improve it's structure and ranking potential.

I set up a website in 2013 https://hikeandclimb.ie/

And at the time I mistakenly created the home page from a parent page 'hikeandclimb/outdoor-climbing'

Now my home page permalink is 'hikeandclimb/outdoor-climbing/homepage.

As a novice can I ask your advice. Will this adversely affect my website ranking?

If not then I'll leave it be. Although it annoys me as it's messy.
    I'd rather it were 'hikeandclimb/home-page.'

My other question - if your advice is that I should change it.
    I'm using the Enfold theme on Wordpress. Is changing the Wordpress settings from 'latest blog' to 'static' the best option for changing the homepage?

Many thanks... i've search this for a few days now and am none the wiser.

All advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Structure of the site looks fine to me.

Would do you no harm to update the content so Google takes a fresh look and maybe consider shortening the 18month between blog posts cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MichaelJD

I must say you have a very well built website. I never managed to build something like this back in the day when WordPress was completely foreign to me

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mi99

helo well the only thing i know about permalink is that if you would like your link to look shorter and neat just go to permalink and put change it to post but i am not sure worth a try.

Advertisement