Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mol1979

Guys just caught up on about 3 months posts and I'm feeling very festive right now. I'm off to London this day next week and heading to downton abbey for their Christmas markets. Can't frigging wait.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I take it no one got tickets for the toy show?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

No, I'm very depressed about it Loughc, I was certain I was getting them, I've been refreshing my emails like mad for the last few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Took my Christmas decorations out of the attic. Ever so conveniently I couldn't find the base of the fake Christmas tree so this year I finally get my wish for a real tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    I take it no one got tickets for the toy show?

They probably wouldn't let me bring my takeaway in with me anyway. :p I've been getting a call from a number I didn't recognise and it's only today that I realised it could have been the Toy Show. I googled it and it wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Four more weekends until Christmas and one of these includes Christmas Eve.
    Time is going really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was planning on doing the big grocery chop last night before I go back to Ireland but got stuck in the garage. I didn't know that 'your car will be ready between 5 and 6' is really about 8pm.

I also gave up posting on my mobile, my first time doing so, as I had to log in each time I went back on my phone.

Christmas FM was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'm really disappointed I didn't get Toyshow tickets. Every year I think this will be the year!! I'm going to buy a real tree today. Can't believe Friday is the 1st of December. Can't wait. Love Christmas fm. First time to download the app and listen to it!!

I'm really disappointed I didn't get Toyshow tickets. Every year I think this will be the year!! I'm going to buy a real tree today. Can't believe Friday is the 1st of December. Can't wait. Love Christmas fm. First time to download the app and listen to it!!

It is disappointing isn’t it? I haven’t heard of anyone getting them this year.

Just over 3 weeks left in work. I can’t believe it. Time to start making the most of the build up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It is disappointing isn’t it? I haven’t heard of anyone getting them this year.

Just over 3 weeks left in work. I can’t believe it. Time to start making the most of the build up.
    Four more weekends until Christmas and one of these includes Christmas Eve.
    Time is going really fast.

Ah guys, time is flying in. I even noticed when watching I'm a Celeb last night there was a drop off in Christmas Ads already... It almost feels like before we know it the big day/week will be here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭DenMan

Only two days left in November, it's hard to believe. The mountains where I live in Sligo got a great dusting of snow. So nice to see! I finally saw Jack Frost (Michael Keaton) when I was at my sisters at the weekend. It was nice watching it in her house with my nephews and niece with a big warm fire. Great movie! :D

Got a call from an unknown number and thought that I was finally being contacted offering me last-minute Toy Show tickets.

Nope. AIB.

Maybe later!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Bah humbug alert- have tonsillitis and feeling absolutely rotten :(

Watching Kirstie's Handmade Christmas so hopefully it'll cheer me up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just booked Dec 21st off and Jan 2nd....fingers crossed the boss approves it! Like to finish early for Christmas & hate going back the day after New Years - always makes me feel like New Year's Day is rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

jellybear wrote: »
    Bah humbug alert- have tonsillitis and feeling absolutely rotten :(

Hope you feel better soon. I have a bit of a sore throat myself atm.

One year I had the flu over Christmas. I remember going to a party and denying to myself that I was sick rather than miss out :/:)

Felt a bit crap earlier this week too. It's definitely the weather. Mild then freezing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ooopsie.

You can see the exact moment where Mickey's presence caused a boo boo. Never seen a character scarper so fast. Minnie came over then, and it was all hugs and kisses.

attachment.php?attachmentid=434819&d=1511977340[\img]

That is priceless. :D

Great picture. One for the 21st haha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Have a video of half pint fist bumping Goofy. I was high fiveing him too, and he was teasing me, 'coz I had to jump to go high. And I'm 5 10. The divil. Got a hug after, so I forgave him.

We, myself and Goofy, did a kind of dance off on the way out, herself didn't know who was more a scene, me or him.

Think she's just jealous 'coz I have better moves than her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

OMG can you believe Friday is December and the late late toy show
    the final weeks creep up so quickly
    Anyone got anthing really Christmassy planned the weekend? apart from the Toyshow which I am sure we will be all watching

I have my Christmas party this weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Me too, ours is Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Still off sick here and starting to get really antsy about how close to Christmas it will be when I get back to school!! On the plus side its literally two weeks to the tests, on the other side its TWO weeks to the tests-eek!! Luckily I had given all classes the list of work on them before I got sick but its going to be busy trying to tie it all together with a christmas concert in the middle of it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

iguana wrote: »
    Don't know if my hormones are going crazy or what but when It's Christmas Time came on Christmas FM I nearly burst into tears. Not ideal as I was driving. I think it's a combination of it being such a high octane happy song and remembering last Christmas eve when it was my earworm when I heard Rick Parfitt had died and Carrie Fisher had a heart attack.
    God, I forgot how horrible 2016 was in those terms.
    Everybody was saying what a bad year it had been, then Rick Parfitt died on Christmas eve, George Michael on Christmas day and Carrie Fisher on the 27th of December!

It's Christmas Time is a great song- made all the more bittersweet this year after Rick's death.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Can’t believe it’s getting so close now and no toy show tickets here

Christmas fm is playing non stop in the car :D I’m hearing songs I’ve never heard before. Totally loving it!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Tomte (our gnome) is coming in the morning so I've been up since S went to sleep decorating the kitchen and preparing tomorrow's North Pole Breakfast. I'm wrecked but delighted with how his plate looks. It's so good that if I sleep in and don't get a chance to wake first and whip cream/make the hot chocolate before sneaking innocently back to bed, I won't mind.

11j7t06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I tooted out my Advent calendars earlier. Can't believe that I'll can open it Tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Silly question but having never done an advent calendar before. Do you open the first one on November 30 or Dec 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Whispered wrote: »
    Silly question but having never done an advent calendar before. Do you open the first one on November 30 or Dec 1?

You start opening it from 1st December. Enjoy ��⛄️��

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement