Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apartment parking

• 20-04-2011 9:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi,

what do you guys usually do for parking when you have friends over and your apartment comes with 1 parking space? Or, like me, have you got 2 cars and 1 space? If so, whats your solution?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

On street parking, or else park in a visitor space. That's what they're there for.

There has to be a certain allocation of visitor spaces, depending on the number of units and allocated parking spaces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭FesterBeatty

Poxy visitor spaces have a 2 hour limit up our way! What use is that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056245511 asks the same question.

I still don't understand why you are moving to a development where you only have one space and have two cars. It's not as if there's a shortage of rental properties in the area.

Youre very helpful-thanks for linking the other thread.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Fester, cross posting is not permitted on Boards. Please decide which one you want left open as I'll be closing the other.

• Advertisement

Why? Close this one so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

Visitor parking is only for two hours in my place too.. fairly useless, even if the parents are just over for dinner they will be longer than 2 hours in all liklihood.

Im lucky in that Ive no car of my own so can use my parking space for visitors although I do have to notify security so they dont presume its someone else using it without my permission apparently. Other than that maybe try renting a space off someone else in thew complex? I know a neighbour of mine who never uses her space does this for another person in the complex for something like €20 a month! Worth asking around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Why? Close this one so

Done.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement