Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Szent István University - Veterinary MEGATHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Megan Gennery

Anything u want to know Tim the rep will be fit to tell up, the website is also very good. No I've the leaving cert done back in 2010/2011, I've transferred from college which means no entrance exams :)
    Ya I've emailed him to see if he can put me in contact with a first or second year. I just have so much questions haha. Can you send me a link to the website, I think I'm looking at the wrong site haha. I'm the same as you. I'm first year in UCD at the moment doing ag science so no entrance exam for me either. It's brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JohnMac93

Hello, I will be taking the entrance exam next time, could someone point me in the direction of any material (e.g books or past papers) that would help with the entrance topics?.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5 A94

I am in my first year in college in limerick doing business and i hate it,i have always wanted to do veterinary but knew i would never get the points.I thought about going to Hungary before but was unsure if i could do it,Living away from home etc... is it to late to seriously consider it for Sept 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rodgie 13

Hi how you's gettin on? I got accepted for september as well as a transfer student. Do you's have any accommodation organised yet?? Do you's know much people headin over??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Monaghan Farmer 2

I know absolutely no one going apart from me. I haven't really looked for accomodation yet. Where are you transferring from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

I didn't want to start another thread for this so thought I would just post here. I'm thinking about applying to the Slovakian and Polish universities. Does anyone here have much info on these universities compared with Hungry?

Warsaw. 5.5 years. Fees about 7600. Were far from helpful when I contacted them, took3 weeks to reply to 1 email.

I just met 2 people the other day that are starting in september as well. They are transfer veterinary nursing students from UCD. I am transfering from Athlone IT. Where are u transfering from yourself?? Do you know when we have to be over there by? Are u definitely going over?

I am doing business,do you have to have science subjects in the course you are transfering from to be able to transfer?

Yea think you need science subjects. I didnt have to do any entrance exam but id say u will if ya have no science back ground. When are u applyin? Are u gonna try get in to start in september?

• Advertisement

I'm transferring from NUIG. I'd say being over there the last week of August would be grand. I'm definately going anyway

I think they hold late entrance exams in agust if they still have places left,or i will have to do a pre veterinary course there for a semester then take an entrance exam because i havent done chemistry before!.I'd love to go this september but the entrance exam is to soon and i wouldent be ready for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Megan Gennery

Rodgie 13 wrote: »
    Hi how you's gettin on? I got accepted for september as well as a transfer student. Do you's have any accommodation organised yet?? Do you's know much people headin over??

Im transferring from UCD I'm doing animal science at the moment. I know nobody going over there and haven't a clue about accommodation yet either. Are you a first year as well?

Well if u have enough exemptions ull get offered a 2 in 1 which is 1st and 2nd mixed 2gether of what ever subjects u didnt do already. Heard its very tough. Did any of u's get the acceptance letter yet?? we start in late august just for induction den the proper course starts early september. Can't wait 2 get over. Budapest is suppose 2 be savage as well :)

I've the acceptance letter got about 3 weeks ago.

Yea i got mine bout then as well. So ur defo goin in september then?

Ye I am, now to start looking for accomodation

Yea I no i was on 2 a few people that have apartments over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 football1

Alibear wrote: »
    Scroll down to the attachments at the very bottom of the page...

http://www.uvm.sk/en/node/1374
    Im doing chemistry and Biology for the leaving cert this year. I done my leaving in 2006 though with no science subjetcs.Will i get accepted for this september if i receicve results in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 eire126

Hey i just got accepted last week as a transfer student! There has been a facebook group set up for people going over next year. So if ye want to join it and also tell anybody ye know going over in September. I know that the same page was set up for those going over last year and they all found it very helpful. https://www.facebook.com/groups/476141999124715/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Hayleee

Hey everyone!

I know some of you said you were accepted as transfer students.
    I have just done my Leaving Cert this year and really want to do some line of work related to animals but didn't do Chemistry or Biology, just Ag Science.
    Is it possible for me to apply to Budapest as a transfer student after completing the level 6 Veterinary Nursing course in St. Johns and not sit an entrance exam ?
    Or would I find the course extremely difficult having not done Chemistry and Biology ?

Thank you all in advance, I really appreciate any advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AnnaJK

Hayleee wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I know some of you said you were accepted as transfer students.
    I have just done my Leaving Cert this year and really want to do some line of work related to animals but didn't do Chemistry or Biology, just Ag Science.
    Is it possible for me to apply to Budapest as a transfer student after completing the level 6 Veterinary Nursing course in St. Johns and not sit an entrance exam ?
    Or would I find the course extremely difficult having not done Chemistry and Biology ?

Thank you all in advance, I really appreciate any advice :)

Hey I'm going into my second year over there now. There are so many people who have never done chemistry before and a lot of them are doing really well and some of them actually got grinds for it over there so there is help if you need it and the lecturers are there if you want help as well.

If any of you have any questions by the way feel free to PM me I'll try to answer them as best I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shadow080

AnnaJK wrote: »
    If any of you have any questions by the way feel free to PM me I'll try to answer them as best I can.
    Hi, I was just wondering how many students are there in the classes? And is there a difference in the number of students during the first year and second year (do a lot of people quit between the first and second year)?
    Thank you very much in advance ^^!

Shadow080 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering how many students are there in the classes? And is there a difference in the number of students during the first year and second year (do a lot of people quit between the first and second year)?
    Thank you very much in advance ^^!

Hi there are about 120 in the class I think just over 30 Irish in the class. But I am just going into my 2nd year in September but I would imagine more people would drop out at the end of 2nd year if they are going to leave as after 2nd year if they've failed all their exam chances for some exams they will become inactive for a year...so sorry but I can't really answer that question at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Hi ,

i have a 2 bedroom apartment in Budapest , 5 min walk from the vet college if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BellamysPiano

Hi I am in my 4th year of animal science in UCD, currently putting together my applications for Budapest and Slovakia to study veterinary. I have always wanted to do veterinary but didn't get the points in the leaving cert, I am just wondering if anybody knows of particular grants available to study abroad or as a postgrad? I chose to do animal science as a way of applying for veterinary with my degree although I am fearful that if accepted I will not be able to afford to go. If anybody knows of any financial aid I would appreciate it so much. Thank you, Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

I am doing the leaving cert this year and as I haven't chemistry, I plan to do the pre med at McDaniel College.

Anyone any experience of this course, is it worth doing, what is college life like?

Also, I am aiming for 350-400 points in LC, is that standard sufficient to do ok in vet medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 grumpyblonde

Hi,

I'm doing the leaving this year. What points do you need to get to be accepted?
    I'm doing biology and chemistry and love both so I'm happy to sit the entrance exam and am hoping to get around 430-460 points, would that be enough?

If not I hope to transfer after 1st year vet nursing/ag science :)

Any help much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 grumpyblonde

Hi

I'm applying to do the veterinary science degree to start September 2014.

If there is anyone hoping to do the same it would be great to get to know a few people here :)

Also any info regarding the cost of living out there generally for food etc would be great!

Thanks!

Advertisement