Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***The (only!) CIT Bar***

Options
  • 26-09-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

Hello, pull up a pew, rest your weary legs, skip those annoying assignments and lets have a random chat.

What does everyone think of CIT this year?? Not that impressed with Freshers week... but can't wait for headphone disco!

So how is everyone???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Grand, but there's the bi*tch Hazel I'm living with. Wrecks my head.

Oh, wait, err..

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

So freshers starts this week? - I'm going to make the most of it but feel I'm getting a little old for it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

What does everyone think of CIT this year?? Not that impressed with Freshers week... but can't wait for headphone disco!

I dunno if the headphone will be any good this year as its on a wednesday and its not in a club, its in the Mardyke. i went to it last year in the savoy and it was a great laugh but don't think i'll go this yr cuz of those reasons. What do others think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

suppafly wrote: »
    I dunno if the headphone will be any good this year as its on a wednesday and its not in a club, its in the Mardyke. i went to it last year in the savoy and it was a great laugh but don't think i'll go this yr cuz of those reasons. What do others think?

Ya I reckon the same. Plus the only time i was ever in the Mardyke was the DISASTROUS Father Ted ball there last year. [Shudder]!!!

And isn't it kinda small???? I mean compared to the savoy??

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Grand, but there's the bi*tch Hazel I'm living with. Wrecks my head.

Oh, wait, err..

:P

....[Sniff sniff]... Dats not very nice!! :(

And in my own thread as well!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Webmonkey wrote: »
    So freshers starts this week? - I'm going to make the most of it but feel I'm getting a little old for it now :(

Believe me, you're not the only one that feels too old for these things. I'm in 4th year now and I'm regularly having to reduce myself to quoting Danny Glover's character from Leathal Weapon "I'm too old for this s**t"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I've felt to old for this sh*t since I started 1st year...ah well!

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Believe me, you're not the only one that feels too old for these things. I'm in 4th year now and I'm regularly having to reduce myself to quoting Danny Glover's character from Leathal Weapon "I'm too old for this s**t"
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    I've felt to old for this sh*t since I started 1st year...ah well!

It's terrible alright. Ah well, once I drink enough i'll think I young again :pac:

It's terrible alright. Ah well, once I drink enough i'll think I young again :pac:

Ha ha true story
    :D

Why is the ol CIT forum so quiet??? Took em long enough to give us one!!!

• Advertisement

Why is the ol CIT forum so quiet??? Took em long enough to give us one!!!
    I know, the place was a lot more active last year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Went out a bit too much last week, hope the weather is on our side for the protest tomorrow!

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Went out a bit too much last week, hope the weather is on our side for the protest tomorrow!
    Likewise, worst week for a long time. Had to work really long hours in CIT and hung over. It was bad :( - How things there now? Not in at all this week.

How was the protest?? Wasn't a bad day in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Good laugh but I doubt Minister for Education Batt O'Keeffe appreciated the SU Prez Gearóid asking everyone in town to text NO TO FEES to his personal mobile number. Also put it up on citsu.bebo.com and facebook so I guess a new number needed there!

Ah brilliant. His phone probably blew up

Protest was brill, CIT rocked it! John was brill at motivating everyone!

Webbers - Programming bit is getting a bit hard, but I have the program for my laptop now so I can practise in my own time :) Really getting into the workload now though, although quite annoyed one of my lecturers is "sick", project for continuous assessment and we have yet to have a single class since we started back!

Protest was brill, CIT rocked it! John was brill at motivating everyone!

Webbers - Programming bit is getting a bit hard, but I have the program for my laptop now so I can practise in my own time :) Really getting into the workload now though, although quite annoyed one of my lecturers is "sick", project for continuous assessment and we have yet to have a single class since we started back!

Webbers haha :pac:

What programming language you doing? If can be any help let me know. Work load gets big now alright with the new semesterisation system unfort.

Webbers haha :pac:

What programming language you doing? If can be any help let me know. Work load gets big now alright with the new semesterisation system unfort.

Sounds simple, but Visual Basic - it's not that it's hard to understand, I get all my Dim's and String/Integer stuff - I'm just more worried about remembering it all when it comes to our exams.

Ah don't worry. It will stick after a while. Just don't get into the habit like most people I've seen, of just copying blocks of code etc during assignments/lab work and then having no idea of how to write something from scratch when in the exam then. Better off trying to write from scratch and then if you have difficulty, look at an example but don't copy and paste, understand how to write what you copying and pasting :D

• Advertisement

Ah don't worry. It will stick after a while. Just don't get into the habit like most people I've seen, of just copying blocks of code etc during assignments/lab work and then having no idea of how to write something from scratch when in the exam then. Better off trying to write from scratch and then if you have difficulty, look at an example but don't copy and paste, understand how to write what you copying and pasting :D

Ah boo! I was in the libray today for 2 hours (4 hour break :rolleyes: ) and spent it writing out codes for Programming, copied most of it though. I'll try sit down tomorrow evening and write from scratch! Bar that, really enjoying my course thus far - the sexual tension in the class is in the rise lol. I'm staying well out of it!

Ah boo! I was in the libray today for 2 hours (4 hour break :rolleyes: ) and spent it writing out codes for Programming, copied most of it though. I'll try sit down tomorrow evening and write from scratch! Bar that, really enjoying my course thus far - the sexual tension in the class is in the rise lol. I'm staying well out of it!
    Well aren't you very good being in the library so soon :D It must be quiet in there these days no? Glad you enjoying the course anyways.

Sexual tention lol - not involving you so no? :pac: - BIS would have a lot of that I guess with boys and girls. Was only boys mainly in my class, we got deprived :(

Well aren't you very good being in the library so soon :D It must be quiet in there these days no? Glad you enjoying the course anyways.

Sexual tention lol - not involving you so no? :pac: - BIS would have a lot of that I guess with boys and girls. Was only boys mainly in my class, we got deprived :(

Only 11 girls in my course! so loads of tension haha! A lot would ya/wouldn't ya going on, feel like I'm back on the playground! Although, we had a "mystery tour" thype thing last night, was wrecked and came into college today in my leggings and a boys oversized t shirt, hair quite eh and walked down the canteen with my tea and some lads were like "oh, she definitely got laid last night" :eek::( mortified! Has to find my friend to get a top and change and make up lol...fell asleep against one of the computers in my labs as well, good times! To think I wasn't even drinking! I was just sleep deprived, got a lil over an hour.

Only 11 girls in my course! so loads of tension haha! A lot would ya/wouldn't ya going on, feel like I'm back on the playground! Although, we had a "mystery tour" thype thing last night, was wrecked and came into college today in my leggings and a boys oversized t shirt, hair quite eh and walked down the canteen with my tea and some lads were like "oh, she definitely got laid last night" :eek::( mortified! Has to find my friend to get a top and change and make up lol...fell asleep against one of the computers in my labs as well, good times! To think I wasn't even drinking! I was just sleep deprived, got a lil over an hour.
    Haha yeah, you're brave to walk down the canteen there. Was a girl last year that used get cheered everything she walked down, everyone caught on and kept at it. You weren't even drinking :eek: strange ha. Good on ya for coming in though, must have being small class.

You got more sleep than me!, I was stuck in Amsterdam airport from 8pm yesterday evening to 10am this morning. Slept 3 hours today, must go sleep again now. Good to have a bed :D

Bah, ye need to liven up! Wake up!

Only when I don't have submissions due for my dissertation or P.E.D will I liven up.

So much work to do its like a poor mans form of torture, but that's what C.I.T is anyway right??

What time is the main CIT canteen open?

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Only when I don't have submissions due for my dissertation or P.E.D will I liven up.

So much work to do its like a poor mans form of torture, but that's what C.I.T is anyway right??

Yes, I just realised today I'm not registered :( - Must fill awful forms now.
    What time is the main CIT canteen open?

In the morning? - well serve food around 8.20 I'd say. You can sit in the canteen at 6am though. I have!

Ah cool, cause I'm gonna be in at like 7am tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

Really? :( - How come you in so early

Advertisement