Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to live

• 22-04-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Moving to Dublin in next 2 weeks. Will be working in Dublin 8 (Bride St).

Looking for advice on where to live.
    Hoping to rent a room in shared house or apartment.
    Hopefully somewhere relatively safe/quiet.
    Somewhere close to Dub 8 or further out with good transport links would suit.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

How about a bedsit in Rathmines? A friend of mine just left one. €110 per week, walking distance of Bride street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Don't think I'd like living alone, thanks for suggestion though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sensably, live somewhere that has good access / transport for work / study / shops / services.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Working in Bride St you have a multitude of options. I personally don't like a lot of D8, and am not that comfortable walking around but have not actually had any issues other than discomfort. Your best D8 option is possibly Portobello. Kilmainham is D8 but a bit awkward public transport wise.

harolds cross would give you the best options on public transport - all the buses through Harolds Cross would go close to Bride St (either getting off on Patrick St or Aungier St). Rathmines is also pretty convenient and you could get an 83 to Aungier St. From both, you could easily walk to work also. Plenty house shares in both areas usually.

Am very biased, but I'd go with Rathmines.

Advertisement