Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fridge swelling up at the back plastic part inside

Options
  • 31-08-2019 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea what is going on the shelves won't fit in anymore it's like a balloon at the back panel filled with air or gas I have never seen anything like it. Its plugged out landlord wants me to keep it in the house and wait till Monday for someone to look at it.

Does anyone know why it's swelling up is it dangerous to keep inside?

My land told me it's runs of electricity not gas that it's fine. But I am talking about the gas inside 🙄 obviously

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

mckar wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what is going on the shelves won't fit in anymore it's like a balloon at the back panel filled with air or gas I have never seen anything like it. Its plugged out landlord wants me to keep it in the house and wait till Monday for someone to look at it.

Does anyone know why it's swelling up is it dangerous to keep inside?

My land told me it's runs of electricity not gas that it's fine. But I am talking about the gas inside 🙄 obviously

It's more than likely part of the "motor" has broken ... It's probably an air bubble or heat warping causing the swelling, it shouldn't be dangerous but don't be silly and poking around at it, make a list of items that are in your fridge/freezer, you might need to ask landlord to replace the food you had to throw out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

probably ice, leave it off and door open overnight and clear any drainage holes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Had something similar happen many moons ago in college accommodation, there was a refrigerant leak, but it was admittedly accompanied by a failure to keep stuff cold and lots of sour milk, so if you aren't seeing issues with the function it may not be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mckar

Fridge and freezer empty I'm not as worried now ty for your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

No need to have it unplugged and be without a fridge, whats happening is the internal coils that carry the refrigerant are rusting and pushing the back wall forward, there is no fear of getting gassed or it exploding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Mech1 wrote: »
    probably ice, leave it off and door open overnight and clear any drainage holes

Everyone should keep a length of strimmer gut in one of the freezer drawers so it's nearby when the drainage holes need clearing.

Advertisement