Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in australia

• 03-05-2018 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, so I’ve been thinking a lot lately about College and i would love to study in Perth Australia! My moms all for it.. but have no idea how I would be going about it. I know you have to get a student visa and all but is somebody able to help me with a link to some agent that helps with the whole process of visas and applying- as I don’t understand the points system or anything ! When I google it there is no help, everything is confusing as hell. Also has anyone had experience of studying in Australia? Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Hi I live in Perth and yeah visas can be pretty confusing at the best of times. Do you have a course or university that you are considering?

Any university worth it’s salt should be able you point you in the right direction but I would recommend talking with Mege Dalton at the immigration agency in Dublin. I didn’t end up ueing Mege for my application but I did have a phone consultation with her (costed €100 at the time) which proved some valuable information.

Basically you need to create an immi account by hitting apply at the link below and complete the application after you have applied, been accepted and you have enrolled in your chosen course.

Resources;
    https://www.mara.gov.au
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500
    https://theimmigrationagency.com

Admin please move this thread to the Australian forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 citizen0215

The Ultimate Guide to Study in Australia:-

Australia has become a preferred destination in terms of education among students. Presently, this “land of kangaroos” attracts the third largest number of international students in the English-speaking world after the US and the UK, with Germany and Canada being other popular destinations. Australia is a vibrant, dynamic country with energetic, amicable people. Multicultural Australia hosts a safe and friendly society in which students can learn and travel at a relatively low cost. It also offers a standard of living that is among the highest in the world and an excellent value for money. The tuition costs and living expenses there are considerably less expensive than the UK and USA. Australia provides the world’s most rigorous protection for international students through The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act) which sets out the legal framework governing the delivery of education to international students in the country on a student visa.

The most popular universities to study in the country are Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT), Central Queensland University, Griffith University, RMIT University, The Australian National University (ANU), University of Canberra, University of Queensland, University of Tasmania and University of Wollongong. A good university in Australia has a comparative advantage in the following areas of study: Engineering and Technology, Life Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Clinical and Digital Health Services, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences.

What are the requirements to study in Australia?

For applying for admission in an Australian University, there are several common requirements for both science and commerce students. These requirements vary between study programs and levels. For every course, students will need to meet a minimum requirement in the English language. Along with that, a minimum academic record of 65% in class XII will be required. For students who have secured below 60%, Foundations and Diploma programs are available. The student is needed to complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program. It is important to note that these numerical analyses are just for reference purpose, the actual numbers may differ from university to university. Apart from these requirements, there are documental requirements as well. Attested copies of mark sheets of class 10th and 12th, Statement of Purpose, resume, photocopied score reports of GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL, other certificates or achievements at state or national level and extracurricular activities and proof of funds. Essays are required to be submitted as well by a prospective student, especially for MBA. They are an important part of the university admissions process. The students will be required to write one or two essays, maybe with a few optional essays too. Certain common topics include career aspirations, strengths and weaknesses, experiences, skills, and reasons for considering a particular school.

How much does it cost to study in Australia:-

An education anywhere abroad is expensive and is high especially in Australia. Thus, students look for scholarships which can either partially or completely fund the tuition fees and maybe along with accommodation fees as well. Some common scholarships which can be applied for studying commerce in Australia include Chancellor’s Scholars – Copland Program by the University of Melbourne, Business Dean’s Scholars Program by Deakin University and Monash International Merit Scholarship by the University of Monash, to name a few. The course fees for an undergraduate course in Commerce at Australia, annual fees start from AUD$32,640 (approximately US$26,100). For a similar course in Finance, the fees start from AUD$30,000 annually.

Advertisement