Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Music vs Spotify

Options
  • 12-01-2021 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've been a Spotify user for many years with no issues. Recently the integration between Spotify and my Google smart speakers has gotten very flaky. Some times I can't cast from my phone to the speakers, other times the audio just stops and weird things like that. I've tried reconfiguring things, relinking accounts etc and no joy. There's reports of similar issues on the Spotify support community forum so I don't seem to be the only one.
    The other issue it's been bothering me for a while is that since I had kids my discovery list got completely messed up, so now Spotify thinks the only music I like is Baby Shark and Wheels on the Bus!

I recently bought a Pixel phone which came with a 3 month free YouTube Premium, which includes YouTube Music Premium. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I'm very happy with it and I'm thinking to cancel Spotify and continue with YTM.
    The main reasons I'm liking YTM over Spotify are:
    1. The integration with Google Smart Speakers is flawless and really fast, way faster than Spotify
    2. The automatic playlists (SuperMix) are spot on to my tase of music
    3. The YTM app lets you switch accounts on the fly

At the moment I have a Spotify Duo account for the missus and myself which is €12.29 p/m so I'd need to go for a YouTube Premium Family which is a bit more pricey at €17.99 p/m but includes YouTube as well as YTM and up to six people (owner plus 5 family members), so it seems to be worth it. The YouTube Music only family premium account is €14.99, 3 euro difference to get YouTube as well seem to be good value.

I presume as soon as I start listening to kids music on YTM the SuperMix will get screwed, but I plan to create another google account (my kids are too small for an account!) and add it to my family group and use that for the kids stuff, and since the YT and YTM allow fast account switching that should make it easier.

I'd like to hear people's experiences with this Spotify vs YTM dilema.

Which music streaming service do you prefer? 2 votes

Spotify
    100% 2 votes
    YouTube Music
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Advertisement