Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spotify Family

• 08-11-2020 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭

Call out for some advice please.

I pay for family Spotify and now 3 of the kids are on it. The problem is that if I’m out running and listening and one of them accesses their playlist I’m bumped off.

Can all the people on the plan listen to their own songs at the same time?

Maybe I’ve just set it up incorrectly?

I’d appreciate any help with this

Thanks

TbL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I pay for family Spotify and now 3 of the kids are on it. The problem is that if I’m out running and listening and one of them accesses their playlist I’m bumped off.

Thanks

TbL

Each person has an individual account. 6 of us in my house use it and no issues. Pretty much sums it up below

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-share-spotify-premium-with-your-family/

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Thanks

TbL

Yeah you just have it setup incorrectly. I've my sister and both my parents on the family plan and we can listen to our own play lists at the same time. Sounds like you need to add family members to the plan and assign the individual accounts to each member. If they already have their own accounts you can add them to the family plan without them loosing their saved music.

Can't remember how but I remember I found a page on Google about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks guys.

I’ll try and set it up correctly.

You might well have stopped me throttling one of the kids 🀣

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

Are they asking a voice assistant to play something?

If the device is set up by you, your Spotify could be the default.

If that's the case get the kids to set up a voice match with Google or Alexa - their own Spotify accounts should kick in then.

I've four kids between 17 and 21 on our family account and it drove me nuts until I worked out what was happening.

It helped to turn off my Spotify as a default service on the Google home too. Then it uses the identified persons defaults.

Advertisement