Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to geolocation information

• 11-08-2020 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I am planning to open a new business and as part of my market research I wish to use concrete data to back up my business plan.

I believe there's an opportunity to open my business in town X. My business is in the same industry as another business which is 25km away.

Is it possible to establish how many customers of the competitors business fall into my catchment area using data?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

Hi,

I am planning to open a new business and as part of my market research I wish to use concrete data to back up my business plan.

I believe there's an opportunity to open my business in town X. My business is in the same industry as another business which is 25km away.

Is it possible to establish how many customers of the competitors business fall into my catchment area using data?

Not really no.

1. How are you going to find out who exactly are the customers of your competitor's business ?

2. Location data is private and can't be shared or processed without prior consent.

What's your niche exactly ? Might be possible if you were an estate agent. Otherwise unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 irishhombre

not sure what your business and product is, but you could try and run a facebook ad....or if you dont actually run it you can at least find/see interests and behaviors numbers for your target market.

Regards
    IH

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

You can look at search volume data from Google to see how many people search for your competitors name each month to give you an idea of the market size. you might even be able to get search volumes data from a specific geographic region i.e how many people from region X search for XYZ

Advertisement