Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues concerning possessing an Irish fake ID

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

...determining if an ID is quite easy once put under UV light as scanned and altered documents do not have relevant watermarks etc...

True, but legally only the aforementioned people can determine if an i.d. is fake or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

What if the ID isn't fake at all but happens to belong to some one that looks like you? i.e an older brother or sister.

Charges would be a lot less if caught, non seeming as it isn't forged?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

:eek: My mate just reported this thread to the gardai for the buzz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

True, but legally only the aforementioned people can determine if an i.d. is fake or not.
    Anyone who knows how determine if an ID is fake, most are easy to pick out.
    But only the aforementioned people could certify a document being fake.
    If a bouncer thinks its fake, he can't take it from you or rip it, but he can refuse to let you in based on this and you can do nothing, real or fake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

haha, this thread is priceless. Simply put wost case scenario your freind will get done for forging a government document...Dont gotta be a law student to know that one.

The more than likely scenario though is that the bouncer takes the id and forwards it to the guards who generally keep onto them for a while before they destroy them although iirc they HAVE to keep onto garda i.d.s The gardai have WAY more pressing concerns than trying to track down some 17 year old that is trying to hit the pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

faceman wrote:
    :eek: My mate just reported this thread to the gardai for the buzz!!
    wtf?
    what sort of buzz could you get from reporting this thread, or from pretending that someone did, which ever is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lots of conflicting information here......

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOW THE ANSWER??? :D

I would suggest the OP goes to the Legal Discussion forum, they're a smart bunch in there.......

On a related note, I had a provisional drivers licence when I was 16 or 17. I was born in 88, so I did a deadly job of "altering" the licence. Got some tip-ex, some ink, a sewing needle, and a magnifying glass with a light on it. Really went to work on it changing it to 86, and ended up with an absolutely class looking finished product :D Think I only got refused once when I was underage, and they never even looked at my iD (Fitzsimons bouncers are c*nts -- FACT). When I was "of age", I just grabbed a cotton bud and warm water, and off the stuff came :)

Highly recommended tactic there ;) I did it for one of my friends who was born in 87, and they got into 1 or 2 places but ended up with a bouncer just scraping it off with his nail.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Mellor wrote:
    wtf?
    what sort of buzz could you get from reporting this thread, or from pretending that someone did, which ever is the case.
    a deadly one!

• ... ehm? Nothing illegal was said in this thread, so what possible interest would they have?

Yeah, under 18's are allowed within the premise of a pub until 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Tim131

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic? They're not allowed to check your bag, or your car for that matter, or enter your house without a warrant unless it's the Misuse of Drugs Act and the Criminal Law Act 1997.

If they stop you and ask to search they have to give reason and name the law they are acting under[/URL]

Where are you from mate? The Gardai can pull you over and search you wherever/whenever they feel like, They don't have to provide you with law they are acting under, have you never been stopped by the Gaurds with a bag full of tins? they ask "whats in the bag?" theres no point in lieing, as they're gonna check anyway, my experience is if your gonna get caught anyway, tell em the truth, I told a two Gardai bray that I was 17, so were my other mates, and there were about 20 or so tins in the bag and they told us not to have em outside and sent us on our way.

I think you could be watching to much cops on camera programs on bravo mate, you're probably thinkin of the UK (excluding Scotland - as they have different laws on public consumtion of alcohol, theyre similar to Ireland, they can check you're bag when ever they feel like.)

I've been cautioned by the Metro polition police in London for being "drunk & dissorderly" - they dont know the meaning of those words :D they had to say, "I'm searching you under the somethingsomething act of '97" but thats only the UK, not Ireland.

NI is a differnet story, if they think you're drinkin underge, they wont ask they'll throw :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

cson wrote: »
    I don't know why Quinns had bouncers on the door as this was 3pm and AFAIK they cannot refuse you entry before 9pm.

Just to clear this up - if it is a private, licensed premises, then management can control the incoming crowd in whatever manner they deem necessary i.e. by only opening doors between 7pm and 8pm, or by having doormen from 12pm onwards. Their premises, their rules.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I was halfway down the first page before I realised that I had read this all before !

CARD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

funny thing happened me mate on new years eve... went to a club and my mate dident get in.. the bouncer said that he had all ready seen these id cards tonight ( one was a black id and the other was a college id)my mate said no you dident... so the bouncer pushed him out of the way and kept his ids... went back to say you kept my ids but said he wouldent give them back... anyway it ended up me ringing the gards and as it was 11:45 they dident want to send a car down... so i said we will come in in teh morning.. bouncer dident hand them in... took 3 weeks for them to be found... fooking ****...

worst thing was we couldent get into any of teh pubs as he dident have any id any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did anything happen to the bouncer? Did he apologise? Did ye say anything to the manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I want one purely for cinema discounts, I'm sixteen and the b*stards charge me a tenner a ticket!

I'm entitled to an ID but my school doesn't do them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

phasers wrote: »
    I want one purely for cinema discounts, I'm sixteen and the b*stards charge me a tenner a ticket!

That happened to me a few weeks ago!! I chanced paying a child fare getting on the bus and the guy wouldn't take it and then going into the cinema they asked my DOB and star sign before they let me into a 16 cert film :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement