Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017 mature nursing

Options
  • 03-06-2017 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I just got my mature nursing exam results from Pas . Was wondering what was last year's points to get offered a place for general nursing . Thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thomas79

Got mine also 175. How did you get on and where did you apply. Points vary for General in different colleges. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dayrebecca

Thomas79 wrote: »
    Got mine also 175. How did you get on and where did you apply. Points vary for General in different colleges. Good luck

I got 167 , I'm so so afraid I won't get any offers . Applied for general in trinity ucd dcu dkit

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Saz483

dayrebecca wrote: »
    I got 167 , I'm so so afraid I won't get any offers . Applied for general in trinity ucd dcu dkit

Hi
    You just have to hope you beat the competition. You have a good few choices on your Cao so hopefully you get an offer!
    I applied general in UCC so we aren't competition ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NdyMaggie

Hi, got mine but didn't get through by a mark. I am gutted. Got 45 in job simulation test qualifying score was 46. Does anyone know what I can do about it please?

hopefully i get an offer, i just hate the waiting really :P ah youre safe then from my cao offers hah

• Advertisement

NdyMaggie wrote: »
    Hi, got mine but didn't get through by a mark. I am gutted. Got 45 in job simulation test qualifying score was 46. Does anyone know what I can do about it please?
    hiya, all you can do is resit the exam next year . other than that theres nothing you can do unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mars A7X

How did you guys prepare for the aptitude test exam? Thanks.

Mars A7X wrote: »
    How did you guys prepare for the aptitude test exam? Thanks.

You can preparation courses before the exam . Career services hold preparation days for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Hi all. I got 187 in the test. I was talking to a friend and he said it's pretty unlikely I'll get offered a place. I applied to Waterford and cork. Any ideas what the qualifying score was last year and how much is based on your personal statement? Freaking out a bit as I put zero effort into the personal statement.

dayrebecca wrote: »
    You can preparation courses before the exam . Career services hold preparation days for it .

I did no preparation at all. Most of the questions are common sense of you have any sort of experenice in person centred healthcare. The numerical section is a bit harder but the questions are easy enough so it's just down to practising speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

Hi all. I got 187 in the test. I was talking to a friend and he said it's pretty unlikely I'll get offered a place. I applied to Waterford and cork. Any ideas what the qualifying score was last year and how much is based on your personal statement? Freaking out a bit as I put zero effort into the personal statement.

hmmmmmmm- there is no personal statement.

2016 Gen Nursing was 174 in UCC and 188 in Waterford so. The year previously (2015) UCC was 180 and Waterford was 181 (see links below).

Obviously these points are indicate only and not reflective of the quality of the course or applicants. They are more a reflection of how many places are available from a certain college and how many apply.

http://www2.cao.ie/points/mat_nur_pts_rndA_2016.pdf
    http://www2.cao.ie/points/mat_nur_pts_rndA_2015.pdf

Mature Nursing offers are made by the CAO under a special offer called "Round A". This usually happens early July

Good Luck.

I had to fill out a personal statement on the mature section of the application.

I got offered my first choice in Waterford anyway!

Woohoo looks like I'm going to be a college student again! 😂

Good luck to everyone else!

Advertisement