Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Women have a right to be topless"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Breasts there only breasts

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Because women can restrain ourselves from crashing the car when we see a man's chest on display :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

The poor sensitive souls would get offended at the sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Discodog wrote: »
    I heard an interview with her on the radio & I have to agree. If topless men are allowed then why not topless women ?

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/women-have-a-right-to-be-topless-woman-defends-topless-protest-at-music-festival-34917126.html
    Because a frantic brigade of puritans on the right-wing and sex-negative feminazis on the left wing insist on treating women's bodies like sacred ornaments........

Oh wait, according to the Guardian the answer is MEN! THE BLOODY PIGS

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

She wasn't charged with exposing her boobs. The charge was failing to obey the instruction of a Guard - amazing what Guards are able to instruct you to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,611 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Ger'em off ya !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's good to see that Liveline and Indo are at the cutting edge of journalism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I completely agree with her. It would be different if it was on a main street or in a shop/restaurant/school etc. But anywhere where it is perfectly socially acceptable for men to go topless (such as beaches/parks/gardens etc), it should be acceptable for women as well. Most women probably won't want to, especially at the start in front of male friends/family (due to body issues/embarrassment), but if a woman is comfortable doing so, then of course she should be able to.

How is it that most western countries not only allow it, but it is the norm, and people don't seem to have a heart-attack related to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I don't see why women shouldn't be allowed to go around topless. Ye can change the law if ye fight hard enough, but ye'll never change the durty purvs like me with their sunglasses on hot days...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Whats the bets there was MDMA involved?

TAPPPSSSS AAAFFFFF!!!!

• Advertisement

dotsman wrote: »
    I completely agree with her. It would be different if it was on a main street or in a shop/restaurant/school etc. But anywhere where it is perfectly socially acceptable for men to go topless (such as beaches/parks/gardens etc), it should be acceptable for women as well. Most women probably won't want to, especially at the start in front of male friends/family (due to body issues/embarrassment), but if a woman is comfortable doing so, then of course she should be able to.

How is it that most western countries not only allow it, but it is the norm, and people don't seem to have a heart-attack related to it?

Because male sexuality is vilified and the female body is shamed , creating a toxic environment where both genders feel demoralized, one for having perfectly natural desires and the other for having perfectly natural bodies. Blame the Churches, the media, advertisers and the 3rd wave clickbait feminists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Someone think of the children!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Is it really an issue? I can't think of one man that would have a problem with a woman being topless.

I understand women wanting to have the right to do it, which is fine. But blaming the 'patriarchy' is pretty dam silly imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is it illegal for a woman to be topless in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

eviltwin wrote: »
    Is it illegal for a woman to be topless in public?

I believe it's under public decency laws

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It should be illegal for men to be topless in public too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

meeeeh wrote: »

Seriously?

meeeeh wrote: »

the irony is it's always the ugliest, most beer-bellied lads who decide to take their tops off. I'd be all in favour of that law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I'm getting fierce sick of gobshytes making big fcuking deals out of nothing.

Fcuk off Trying to be offended all the fcuking time.

I think I need something to eat >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Apparently it was women with children that complained.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

She was absolutely right. It's so funny in Spain on holidays to see people's attitudes to their and other people's bodies. Topless woman at every beach, kids running around nude and no one bats an eyelid. Why should it be different here and why should there be a rule for men and a rule for woman.

Public indecency my hole.

He'd feed half of Africa with them bad boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,170 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I was at that music festival and I stumbled forward and tried to break my fall in doing so I touched a man's topless upper body. It would probably be brushed off.
    If I was at that music festival and I stumbled forward and to break my fall I touched a topless woman's breasts. I'd probably be charged with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

If I was at that music festival and I stumbled forward and tried to break my fall in doing so I touched a man's topless upper body. It would probably be brushed off.
    If I was at that music festival and I stumbled forward and to break my fall I touched a topless woman's breasts. I'd probably be charged with something.

Clumsy cnutery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Jayop wrote: »
    She was absolutely right. It's so funny in Spain on holidays to see people's attitudes to their and other people's bodies. Topless woman at every beach, kids running around nude and no one bats an eyelid. Why should it be different here and why should their be a rule for men and a rule for woman.

I was in Portugal last week and there was a little girl about 2 or 3 running around a pool with nothing on. The mother wasn't long being told to put something on the child by a lifeguard. I must admit I wasn't comfortable with a naked child running around.

Jayop wrote: »
    She was absolutely right. It's so funny in Spain on holidays to see people's attitudes to their and other people's bodies. Topless woman at every beach, kids running around nude and no one bats an eyelid. Why should it be different here and why should their be a rule for men and a rule for woman.

Women go topless on Irish beaches too and no one bats an eyelid.

I never saw a topless woman at music festivals in Spain.

You're not comparing like for like.

I've no issue with it btw. I couldn't give a fiddlers if men walked around with their bollox hanging out. Bodies are bodies. We all have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Would you?

I think the average woman is intelligent enough to know if you slipped accidentally or not. It would be no different if you 'slipped' and grabbed a clothed breast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Naked tittys make the baby Jesus cry. Can't be having that.

• Advertisement

Story Bud? wrote: »
    He'd feed half of Africa with them bad boys.

It wouldn't be so much "motor-boating" as "cargo-shipping"...

Advertisement