Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Working" classes breeding like rabbits

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Dudess wrote: »
    If benefits were abolished in the morning, I bet people who never had access to education and were never taught boundaries and a sense of responsibility would still be having a bunch of kids, just as their parents did.
    Can't believe people so readily believe that dross about getting a council house and benefits.

I think lack of proper education can probably explain most things. Definitely explains a lot of things on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭SeanW

OP are you related to Hitler? what do u want to exterminate the working class !
    http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/Blog_Godwins_Law.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

You're right about the Africans though, they'll never leave.
    F**k, I thought the weather wouldn't suit them!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

After hours can't seem to go 24 hours without some class of scaremongering.

Although, OP, you were cutting it close there, the 24 hours were almost up!

/gets popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

OP are you related to Hitler? what do u want to exterminate the working class !

It was actually the working classes that supported and voted Hitler into power back in ye olde Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

working class people become middle class so they will be replenished that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

It was actually the working classes that supported and voted Hitler into power back in ye olde Germany.

Eh no, it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I'd love to see your detailed breakdown of the class membership of the voters in the 1933 election. And whether Hitler had managed to gain a majority of votes in the election. And an explanation of the business + industrialists who wrote to Hindenburg demanding Hitler be the leader of a new government. And whether you consider Hindenburg - who made Hitler leader - to be working class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Estebano

I do wonder about this though. With the cut to the 'third kid and more' child benefit thing and that.

The only people I know who have more than 3 kids are (off the top of my head):

- A guy I used to work with who has his own business. His wife has been working on and of while raising the six kids.
    - My uncle and aunt, who have four kids. Both have been working full time, forever (in the Civil Service/farming).
    - A guy who used to live nearby whose wife has never worked (they have six kids). He doesn't work now either. Through choice, as it happens (met him last month and he told me he'd decided to take a break from work for the last 2 years. They're all going to Spain for a couple of weeks in January as well, which should be nice). They have also lived in social housing, on both sides, as far back as the mind can go.

I will tell you something for nothing, the only kids in the above category who will be contributing to the future of this economy are the ones in the first two camps. Sadly, the other ones, though they are nice enough kids, will probably all end up on welfare, like generations of their family before them.

It's a total myth that people right now are raising kids who will be looking after all of us greybeards in the years ahead.

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Estebano wrote: »
    What will happen to society when there is no middle class left? I predict this will occur within a generation. The middle classes are being taxed out of existence and reproducing themselves out of existence.

A cursory look around the maternity hospitals shows that the people reproducing are welfare recipients who are incentivised to have kids young (free gaff at 18) and often (children's allowance). Immigrants from all over the world are equally incentivised to come here, with the added bonus EU citizenship. Any "normal working people" who have babies are well into their 30s (sometimes 40s) and are crippled with two full-time and childcare costs. </deft generalisation>

We need doctors and engineers to make a successful society, not a feral, uneducated youth with a passion for urban street wear.

Within 20 years, we will have millions of proles and a ruling elite. Brave New World style.

Define middle class..............:rolleyes:

This thread is a great way of uncovering bleeding heart liberals and giving them a good airing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

I am more worried about common decency being eroded than the middle class. I often wonder what justification there is to belittle people from other nations? the amount of racial bile on boards.ie is revolting.

As for welfare class, always has been one and always will, Only education can fix this but governments will never invest the amount of money needed to do this as it does not benefit them to do so, if it did they would have, bottom line is that it suits them to have a uneducated and disinterested class of people.

This thread is a great way of uncovering bleeding heart liberals and giving them a good airing.

Liberal or just decent, educated and open minded?

Freddie59 wrote: »
    What will happen to society when there is no middle class left? I predict this will occur within a generation. The middle classes are being taxed out of existence and reproducing themselves out of existence.

A cursory look around the maternity hospitals shows that the people reproducing are welfare recipients who are incentivised to have kids young (free gaff at 18) and often (children's allowance). Immigrants from all over the world are equally incentivised to come here, with the added bonus EU citizenship. Any "normal working people" who have babies are well into their 30s (sometimes 40s) and are crippled with two full-time and childcare costs. </deft generalisation>

We need doctors and engineers to make a successful society, not a feral, uneducated youth with a passion for urban street wear.

Within 20 years, we will have millions of proles and a ruling elite. Brave New World style.

Define middle class..............:rolleyes:

Leafy suburbia, own property, adequate pension provision, drive BMW 5 series/e class merc, red brick university educated, send kids to private school and wife doesn't have to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

There was a guy on the RTE radio news at 1pm today. He had 11 children and was calculating the cuts in his childrens allowance as a result of the budget. A significant cut but he's still going to get a lot. He works at the airport. I have no idea what class he is, but I don't feel any sympathy for him.

billybudd wrote: »

Liberal or just decent, educated and open minded?

Yeah, so "open-minded" your brain has fallen out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Boxoffrogs wrote: »
    Hasn't it always been the case that the poorer in our society and indeed other societies breed the most?

How do we slow this onslaught of wretched peasantry?

Yeah, so "open-minded" your brain has fallen out.

Its ok though as it fell into the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

or the working class such as me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Lol if ever a post summed up the average poster on boards this is it. Elitist BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Leafy suburbia, own property, adequate pension provision, drive BMW 5 series/e class merc, red brick university educated, send kids to private school and wife doesn't have to work.

So anything below that is working class?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Lol if ever a post summed up the average poster on boards this is it. Elitist BS.

Deluded more like.

or the working class such as me

There's a medal for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE MIDDLE CLASSES.

When I saw the title I thought oh look... trolling what frivolous merriment, then I read the article and still thought oh look what frivolous merriment.

Anyway I just hope you wiped the working class off your shoe before you came into this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

This reflects hitlers attitude of killing the weak and those born with down syndrome and disabilites and allowing only the strong to prosper, thus creating an elite society in which only the strong can survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

one thing I've found out is that working class and after hours is not an accurate description.

ya bunch of middle class knobs! ... yeah, im pointing at you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Alwayson wrote: »
    There was a guy on the RTE radio news at 1pm today. He had 11 children and was calculating the cuts in his childrens allowance as a result of the budget. A significant cut but he's still going to get a lot. He works at the airport. I have no idea what class he is, but I don't feel any sympathy for him.

hmmm a lot of kids and works at airport.. wasnt there someone fitting that description on the late late show a few months ago ? cant remember if he was in the audience or a guest. There cant be too many fitting that description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Re-reg alert flashing wildly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

This thread is a great way of uncovering non stupid people and giving them a good airing.
    FYP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement