Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"will ya buy us fags kid?"

• 05-02-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Im starting to notice more and more people are asking me to buy them "fags". two days ago a big group of teens were loitering outside a local shop and asked me to buy them for the group, i was like..no f*ck off like, then today a gang of people were across the road and one guy ran across and asked me if i would buy him some, he even offered me money. its getting really annoying, does this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

"I'll buy you fags if you buy me guns"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tell them to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

just take the money and run, that will teach them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Deputy Stagg??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yup used to happen at my local shops. I said no one day and some little slapper called me a bitch so i went over and ask her what she said. She nearly shat herself and said "nothing". Havent been asked since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,595 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

When you ask someone to buy you a fag in the Red Light district, it takes on an entirely different meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Take the money and find a back exit from the shop and then leave in fear of the kids for the rest of your days in that locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If you're going into the shop, and they have the money/you feel very evil, buy them fags. You're really just hastening their death. You evil bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,595 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

take their money and go in and buy the the nicorette gum/patches and give them a talking saying the gum is much cooler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Kiera wrote: »
    Yup used to happen at my local shops. I said no one day and some little slapper called me a bitch so i went over and ask her what she said. She nearly shat herself and said "nothing". Havent been asked since.

i seriously doubt that those kids spread the word that you asked what they said and therefore they all fear you, which is what your implying...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

they're some snakes, theres a little path leading from my estate to the main road and shop etc and when they see you coming the would spread out in a line so that if u say no to the first guy they crowd around u asking why not and all that, if i was 5 years younger id probably be intimidated but they're only wannabe scummers..observe the type, seriously getting tired of them!

alexlyons wrote: »
    i seriously doubt that those kids spread the word that you asked what they said and therefore they all fear you, which is what your implying...
    They still hang around the shops and havent ask me since! Do keep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Do keep up!

sorry, turned of the mind reading ability, getting a bit late for it. and you could easily be asked anywhere else other than your local. Do keep up.

alexlyons wrote: »
    sorry, turned of the mind reading ability, getting a bit late for it.
    What?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

"Sorry, I don't agree with suicide, even if it's done very slowly".

Usually leaves them with a look of confusion on their face and a smile on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Think they would do what the smart generation done, go find a an alcho or a bum and ask them. DUH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Haha I find them funny If they ask me I say best of luck to ya.
    If they start on me which has happened a few times I just get right in there face and say "you really wanna start something I will finish" they pretty much crap themselves and back down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

On a not so serious note, you should buy a turnip with the money they gave you and tell them you thought that what they wanted or start squaring up to them while rollin up your sleeves...

On a serious note, you should tell the wans behind de counter whats going on outside their premise and they might call gardai and get the young-uns on.(thats only if they are always persecuting customers):rolleyes:

Evolute wrote: »
    Haha I find them funny If they ask me I say best of luck to ya.
    If they start on me which has happened a few times I just get right in there face and say "you really wanna start something I will finish" they pretty much crap themselves and back down.

hah not really, they're so stupid they think they can kill anything, even when they're getting the sh!t kicked out of them, they still think they can beat u!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

I went into the shops for some fellas once. One of them asked me to get him smokes and a pack of skips. So I came out of the shop and handed him the bag with the stuff in it and his change. (It was back when bags were free) And he goes, "here you forgot your skips" and handed them to me. I was like "umm uhh" and then he says "did you not get the skins?". I honestly thought he asked for skips so I said "ahhh no" and he just said "never mind" and walked off. I felt like a bit of a dope but I got a free bag of skips out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

About 5 little lads came up to me on their go karts when i was heading into the shop one day. One of the lads goes to me
    ''Here,missus, will ya buy us some smokes''
    I was like"Go away will ya your about 10"
    "Fcuk off,im 12" he says!
    Oh well that makes all the difference so!! :rolleyes:

On a not so serious note, you should buy a turnip with the money they gave you and tell them you thought that what they wanted or start squaring up to them while rollin up your sleeves...

On a serious note, you should tell the wans behind de counter whats going on outside their premise and they might call gardai and get the young-uns on.(thats only if they are always persecuting customers):rolleyes:

thing is its not just the local, they hang around other shops too, the local shop os run by people the same age as me (21) from about 5pm onwards and they know whats going on, all they can do is not serve them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Iolar wrote: »
    I think hes trying to seduce you...
    Doesnt he know i like the hair pulling in the bedroom and not on thread? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I was down in Tramore in 2008 and me and my mate were sitting outside the shop t the campsite and this one came up to me and asked me to buy her fags. She was fine out so I said yeah no bother, she looked old so when I got them I asked what age she was, she said she was 17, I told her I was 14, I'll never forget the look of shock on her face.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ban these fag shops! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

must be getting harder to buy the cheap illegal ones if they're willing to pay full price . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I always buy them for the kids when asked.

I think back to those days when I was that age - I had to ask ppl to buy them for me too. And the same thing with alcohol - for a time I had to ask people to buy that for me too.

I make no apologies or excuses for buying the cigs - not so sure now about buying the alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

alexlyons wrote:
    sorry, turned of the mind reading ability, getting a bit late for it.

What?

No reply from alexlyons-I think he shat himself.

Won't be doing that again!:pac:

Advertisement