Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Black Friday 2019 deals?

• 28-11-2019 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen any good deals about the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Saw some good reductions on helmets on Ghostbikes but they were all gone in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Now that's what you call a long weekend :D

Screenshot-20191128-172111-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Waiting all week for the motorcycle shop discount code. Just picked up the Richa Atlantic laminate jacket and jocks saving 218 quid. I hope to report back with a review after some bad commutes:D
    Really had my heart set on Rukka gear but the Richa gear was nearly half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Saw that megabikes just posted their black friday deals (looks like 15% off on some items)

Also saw bikeworld offering 20% extra when you buy vouchers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

What is the actual code for The Motorcycleshop.?

• Advertisement

Emmersonn wrote: »
    What is the actual code for The Motorcycleshop.?

Mshopcycle20

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Mshopcycle20

Code is

MSHOPCYBER20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/oxford-first-time-expander-tankbag-ol432-453-p.asp
    What yas think?
    My 5 year old Lidl tank bags zip finally gave up this morning!
    Need a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just be very careful lads...looking closely at some deals......they are not deals at all TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just be very careful lads...looking closely at some deals......they are not deals at all TBH.

Yeah noticed this myself. F#ckers are marking up the prices and then give you great "discount "....lol...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

honda boi wrote: »
    https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/oxford-first-time-expander-tankbag-ol432-453-p.asp
    What yas think?
    Need a new one

Do you really need a tank bag that big? A bit excessive for a tank bag.
    MSVforever wrote: »
    Yeah noticed this myself. F#ckers are marking up the prices and then give you great "discount "....lol...

Totally agree, definitely do a price check and a bit of research first.

What yas think?
    Need a new one

Just in regards to the Oxford tank bag. I have one years now and never let rain in. I use a topbox now but the oxford bag never let me down.

Yep bigger the better Zubair :p.
    On the way home there's always something I need to pick up so the space comes in handy.
    Ye I see that one has a rain cover with it so I'll just leave that on all the time Richard ,hopefully lasts as long as my Lidl one..oh I ordered it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Yeah Motorcycle shop and Motocard have the best deals, bought new gloves for winter and spring, a Kreiga bag as well

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

zubair wrote: »
    Do you really need a tank bag that big? A bit excessive for a tank bag.

I used to have one very similar to that. It zips down to less than half that height when you don't need the space.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I've got a top box, maybe that's why I think it's pretty big, I just use a 2-6 litre tank bag for wallet, phone etc.

Props to motorcycleshop.ie yet again.
    Ordered the 30th November ,
    Arrived this afternoon.
    Feels and looks very good the tank bag. Plenty of pockets in this one . Turns into a bag pack aswell which is very cool and handy.
    Ordered an oil and air filter from them aswell.
    Always top class service from the lads.
    I've a top box aswell, I love my space :p

Props to motorcycleshop.ie yet again.
    Ordered the 30th November ,
    Arrived this afternoon.
    Feels and looks very good the tank bag. Plenty of pockets in this one . Turns into a bag pack aswell which is very cool and handy.
    Ordered an oil and air filter from them aswell.
    Always top class service from the lads.
    I've a top box aswell, I love my space :p

I ordered the 28th. Still not a dicky bird. No despatch email or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Wossack

I ordered the 28th. Still not a dicky bird. No despatch email or anything.

these ever turn up for ya? I was thinking about getting a set of the atlantic stuff myself

Wossack wrote: »
    these ever turn up for ya? I was thinking about getting a set of the atlantic stuff myself

They did indeed:D Ill write a more detailed review when the worst of the weather is over. What I can say so far is that the gear has exceeded my expectations. Im 5 weeks wearing the gear now through torrential downpours,gale force winds and minus temperatures. The rain beads off the outer layer and not once has it seeped in anywhere. The internal liner works very well as I haven felt cold on the bike yet and haven't needed to add anything but the T-shirt I normally wear.

The slightest niggle I have is the pants size. I ordered the XL in size which was the same as my old hein gericke pants but this Richa is a little on the tight size around the thighs. I find I have to sit on the bike and do a belly dance routine until the pants ride up and sit right on me:P

The joys of not having to put extra rain gear over my gear is fantastic. It saves the crap of having to dry out gear overnight for the next day.

I found motorcycyeshop the cheapest for the Atlantic gear even compared to UK and German shops. I thinkthey have a discount code at the moment also

• Advertisement
Advertisement