Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renewing BER Cert.

Options
  • 15-10-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭

My current BER certification (D2 rating) is valid until 2024. I recently carried out some upgrades to the property including new gas boiler and double glazing. I intend placing the house on the market sometime next year. Can I apply for a new BER to be carried out before the expiry date of the existing one? I presume the new improvements will result in a higher rating.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

chicorytip wrote: »
    My current BER certification (D2 rating) is valid until 2024. I recently carried out some upgrades to the property including new gas boiler and double glazing. I intend placing the house on the market sometime next year. Can I apply for a new BER to be carried out before the expiry date of the existing one? I presume the new improvements will result in a higher rating.

of course you can... thats whole point of the certification system ie you get rewarded for upgrading the house.

you need to go through the same process again.. a BER assessor will survey the property and produce the cert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

On redoing the survey, if you go back to the person who did the original they MIGHT offer a small discount as they should have their previous notes which could save them some time. Potentially only a couple of euro but it all helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Dudda wrote: »
    On redoing the survey, if you go back to the person who did the original they MIGHT offer a small discount as they should have their previous notes which could save them some time. Potentially only a couple of euro but it all helps.
    I may indeed do that although I was under the impression that the fees charged are not at the discretion of the individual assessor but are laid down by SEI.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

chicorytip wrote: »
    I may indeed do that although I was under the impression that the fees charged are not at the discretion of the individual assessor but are laid down by SEI.

no they are not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Deanzoggggg

sydthebeat wrote: »
    no they are not at all

Yes because BER reports are unreliable and don't mean anything. OP if you want a good BER to help a sale learn to use DEAP and go through your original report. Learn the parts of your house, their area, their U value, their thermal bridges, solar gain etc. Then you can see if your new assessor is fleecing you because many do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement