Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Will you do me a favour?"

• 24-04-2019 8:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

Do you ever hesitate to say yes to this question for fear it's a really big ask? I hate when it's a case of "will you do me a favour?" and I'm panicking about what I'll be asked to do and then it turns out to be only something small. If you want me to pass the water just say "pass the water".

So now whenever I'm asked that this, I automatically say "no".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Gffg wrote: »
    If you want me to pass the water just say "pass the water". I hate when it's a case of "will you do me a favour?" and I'm panicking about what I'll be asked to do and then it turns out to be only something small.

Relax OP

Please relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Will you do me a favour and go get more milk for the wake????

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Depending on your age, I'd hope that you have plenty more time for personal development.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I say sure what is it? Listen to the favour then either say yep sure. Or no, sorry I can’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My first answer is always ‘what is it?’ Once I know that I can decide yes or no. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

A strawberry flavour?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mantis1234

I just say "depends what it is".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You've been told before that you need to work on how to manage these social interactions. But did you listen? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I hate it.

What I hate more is somebody helping you and being so sh1t and awkward that you want rid of them but can't appear ungrateful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When I say that, it is usually followed by "... and fúck off."

Will you do me a favour, OP?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

It's a normal everyday phrase.

The End.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Tell them to fup off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Do you ever hesitate to say yes to this question for fear it's a really big ask? I hate when it's a case of "will you do me a favour?" and I'm panicking about what I'll be asked to do and then it turns out to be only something small. If you want me to pass the water just say "pass the water".

You're right too. Most people that "need a favor" don't actually need one and are just trying to get out of something. Most wouldn't give you the skin off their shíte either if you wanted anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The op is a bit nuts but he has a point in this one. “Depends” is the correct answer.

( Unless you are eating your breakfast where the correct answer is “fcuk off Kate. I’m eating my breakfast”. )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

“Sure, if I can” is a reasonable answer.

Turns out i can’t though, sorry.

I'm eating my breakfast Kate

I used to say yes out of habit, now I say it depends. I hate just saying no outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It depends who's asking. Nor because I want to say no. It's because some people's 5 minute favour can turn into a 5 hour favour!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Gffg

You've been told before that you need to work on how to manage these social interactions. But did you listen? No.
    Well that would be a very easy conclusion to come to.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

"Sure! what's up" ... If it's in a normal situation...

Or/

"What do you want [1.5 second pause] me to do?" ... Is a good one for a random stranger or the floater in work who loves to start everything and finish nothing!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement

CSU wrote: »
    "What do you want [1.5 second pause] me to do?" ... Is a good one for a random stranger or the floater in work who loves to start everything and finish nothing!
    Very clever.

What's worst is when someone tries to take the credit for thinking of an obvious idea while asking someone else to do the actual task involved.

Very clever.

Sarcasm?

Sarcasm?
    No, I quoted the wrong part of what you said. Fixed it.

No, I quoted the wrong part of what you said. Fixed it.

└|∵|┐♪

I won't let him get to me, I won't let him get to me, I won't let him get to me.

└|∵|┐♪
    I don't get that.

Very clever.

What's worst is when someone tries to take the credit for thinking of an obvious idea while asking someone else to do the actual task involved.

Stick to your own tasks and tell em' to fupp off ... their incompetence will stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't get that.

...that's me dancing,want to dance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Today's favour is tomorrow's obligation

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Do me a favour. Answer their question with another question. Ask them what they would like you to do before deciding whether or not to agree to it.

Advertisement