Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Maybe someone from Wexford could tell us if it's currently snowing there so we can decide which radar to trust. :D

It has been snowing here in Wexford Town for over an hour. Not sticking where snow has been cleared but they are big thick flakes. It's very windy too so swirling around a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ah for all the people who laughed last week when I warned them about this week's weather

https://youtu.be/GNGc9zmpK5M

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Any expected time that Emma will hit North Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Blizzard in Clonsilla now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Swanner wrote: »
    Still the biggest non event here since Ophelia..

Enjoy the show folks :D

Unless you were in munster that day. It was harsh. Ophelia hit hard here. Sorry you missed out...

I'm sure the people who lost their lives thought it was a non event too.

Snowing hard in Sth Wexford the past hour. Kind of sticking to roads (rural local)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Yeah even the kids are bored of it now. Snow can fcuk off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Originally Posted by stevenup7002 viewpost.gif
    Maybe someone from Wexford could tell us if it's currently snowing there so we can decide which radar to trust. biggrin.png

I'm in South Wexford on the coast. Its light swirling snow. Winds really picking up.

I've been following the Europe Swiss HD 4x4 Model.

Its been very accurate. According to that we will have heavier snow in the South East & West by 2pm. By 5/6pm that will have moved up through Leinster (and Munster) into Dublin.

https://weather.us/model-charts/swisshd-eu/ireland/significant-weather/20180301-1700z.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

netweather radar showing nothing over south dublin, yet it's been snowing here in goatstown fairly solidly since i got up around 8am. windy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Was just out for a stroll around the Evergreen Street area of Cork, unlike yesterday, theres a massive layer of ice underneath the snow so I cant see a massive thaw out at any stage today. The footprint I left outside my front door was frozen by the time I was back, about 15 minutes. Getting really dark here now again. Still lots of people trying to navigate through the narrow hilly streets here, had to help on fella push into the side so he could just leave the car there, you'd have to wonder whats wrong with people sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

When is this snow in Dublin going to stop? Looking at the met.ie radar, not any time soon!

I thought there was meant to be an easing in shower activity, and maybe even some sunshine, before the main event starts. But all morning, it has snowed, quite a bit, in north Dublin city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Yeah even the kids are bored of it now. Snow can fcuk off now.

:eek:

The wooden spoon should cure them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Whiteout now, with snow blowing everywhere. Lots more to come from what the radar looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mas88

Maybe someone from Wexford could tell us if it's currently snowing there so we can decide which radar to trust. :D

South West Wexford here. 15 minutes from Hook Head. Coming down consistently since before 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Blizzard conditions here in north Wexford minus snow

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Citywest business campus this morning:

39841958664_95452d651b_b.jpg

40509955152_d2e0fd12cf_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭firemansam4

One thing quite unusual about this snow event seems to be the vast difference in conditions locally.
    Im here in Donegal a few miles south of letterkenny where there is little to no snow at all. Yet a little more north and into Inishowen there has ben blizzard conditions and some large acumalations of snow.
    Seems this is due to streamers feeding off the north coast only afecting north Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

People in Kildare, Cork, Kilkenny, Drogheda who have posted pics of significant snow- you need to realise that this is light compared to what Emma could drop later, risk increasing exponentially the further south you are.

Heed the warnings. You ain't seen nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

D9Male wrote: »
    When is this snow in Dublin going to stop?

Tomorrow night. Worst of it is still to come. Big league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

sdanseo wrote: »
    People in Kildare, Cork, Kilkenny, Drogheda who have posted pics of significant snow- you need to realise that this is light compared to what Emma could drop later, risk increasing exponentially the further south you are.

Heed the warnings. You ain't seen nothing yet.
    And north Dublin’s , pelting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

conditions here in Dunshaughlin are getting really bad now, it's the wind whipping the snow up into the air more than anything, making going outside not a good idea. Been light to moderate falls of snow over past few hours. Snow depth still only a fraction of 2010 but the wind etc is making this event just as dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Very disappointing from a snow point of view in Wicklow. Anglesea shadow has scuppered any streaming activity for the last two days. Desperately need a change in wind direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Heckler wrote: »
    Unless you were in munster that day. It was harsh. Ophelia hit hard here. Sorry you missed out...

But I wasn't in Munster.. I was here.. And I was just saying this has been another non event here..

People die in bad weather.. It happens.. It's not my fault..

This has been done to death.. Let's not go there..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

CHealy wrote: »
    Was just out for a stroll around the Evergreen Street area of Cork, unlike yesterday, theres a massive layer of ice underneath the snow so I cant see a massive thaw out at any stage today. The footprint I left outside my front door was frozen by the time I was back, about 15 minutes. Getting really dark here now again. Still lots of people trying to navigate through the narrow hilly streets here, had to help on fella push into the side so he could just leave the car there, you'd have to wonder whats wrong with people sometimes.

Yup around Cork and a lethal layer of ice under the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

One thing quite unusual about this snow event seems to be the vast difference in conditions locally.
    Im here in Donegal a few miles south of letterkenny where there is little to no snow at all. Yet a little more north and into Inishowen there has ben blizzard conditions and some large acumalations of snow.
    Seems this is due to streamers feeding off the north coast only afecting north Donegal.

Nothing here in South Donegal either, I'm Barnesmore Gap area but it seems from Donegal Town as far as Killybegs there is nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

LATEST SNOW REPORTS FROM BRAY!!!!

.........A big Fat NOTHIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!! :(:(:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Very disappointing from a snow point of view in Wicklow. Anglesea shadow has scuppered any streaming activity for the last two days. Desperately need a change in wind direction.

Wind direction will not change (much) but difference will be transition from convective snow to frontal snow....basically will not be relaying on the sea to produce snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Out for a fab walk in Drumcondra, finally using the yak traks from 8 years ago. Griffith ave stunning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Swanner wrote: »
    Heckler wrote: »

But I wasn't in Munster.. I was here.. And I was just saying this has been another non event here..

People die in bad weather.. It happens.. It's not my fault..

This has been done to death.. Let's not go there..

Guess what, the world doesn’t revolve around you!

Decisions were taken in the National Interest, not tiny localised ones

Advertisement