Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Less temptation to buy items you don't need in Aldi compared to Dunnes. Our weekly shop for 2 adults baby and toddler comes in around €50 includes baby formula costing €13.49 alone, cleaning products etc. I would augment this with buying cut price meat for freezing from Dunnes along with other items that are on special price from time to time. This comes to maybe €15 a week. Anytime we have done the weekly shop in Dunnes it has come in north of €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am wondering if there are different Dunnes offer in different dunnes stores? Or the discount applies equally to all dunnes store at the same time?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I am wondering if there are different Dunnes offer in different dunnes stores? Or the discount applies equally to all dunnes store at the same time?

Certain branches issue (or issued) 5 off a 25 spend or 8 off a 40 spend- at various times. The 10 off a 50 spend- is in common in all Dunnes Grocery stores (note- its groceries only- not clothing, hardware or homeware- and similarly- you don't earn towards a new voucher when you have any non-grocery-department items in your grocery shopping).

So- the smaller spend offers- are local offers- the 10-off-50 is in common with all Dunnes Grocery stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Oh ye

I am wondering about discount on particular grocery items, such as a liquid conditioner from a particular brand was 50% off at my nearest dunnes store. Is this 50% off be applied across the country at all dunnes stores?
    Certain branches issue (or issued) 5 off a 25 spend or 8 off a 40 spend- at various times. The 10 off a 50 spend- is in common in all Dunnes Grocery stores (note- its groceries only- not clothing, hardware or homeware- and similarly- you don't earn towards a new voucher when you have any non-grocery-department items in your grocery shopping).

So- the smaller spend offers- are local offers- the 10-off-50 is in common with all Dunnes Grocery stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

Oh ye

I am wondering about discount on particular grocery items, such as a liquid conditioner from a particular brand was 50% off at my nearest dunnes store. Is this 50% off be applied across the country at all dunnes stores?

I think it might be part of the weekly specials nationwide. Some Dunnes do have store specific deals too. I have seen the one in Pavilions in Swords do it. I think it might be if they are threatened by direct competition in an area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Costs €3
    4rRSc0k.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fpatrick

Can someone explain please? If I buy € 50, next time I buy €50 I will pay € 40? So in order to get €10 off every week I should spend € 60? (€60 - €10 = €50 plus a coupon to use next week).

fpatrick wrote: »
    Can someone explain please? If I buy € 50, next time I buy €50 I will pay € 40? So in order to get €10 off every week I should spend € 60? (€60 - €10 = €50 plus a coupon to use next week).

No.
    Buy 50 this week- and get a till-spit voucher entitling you to a 10 Euro off when you spend 50 Euro on your next visit.
    Next week- buy 50, use your 10 Euro off- which brings it down to 40 net, and you get another 10 off when you spend 50- because your shopping was 50 before you used a voucher- and so on, ad infinitum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fpatrick

No.
    Buy 50 this week- and get a till-spit voucher entitling you to a 10 Euro off when you spend 50 Euro on your next visit.
    Next week- buy 50, use your 10 Euro off- which brings it down to 40 net, and you get another 10 off when you spend 50- because your shopping was 50 before you used a voucher- and so on, ad infinitum.

Thank you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

fpatrick wrote: »

No.
    Week 1: Spend €50 to get €10 off next €50 Spend. Cost: €50.
    Week 2: Spend €50 to REDEEM Voucher AND get next week's voucher: Cost: €40.
    Week 3 and so on....: Spend €50 to REDEEM Voucher AND get next week's voucher: Cost: €40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭raxy

My dunnes stopped the €5 off with €25 offer recently. I've pretty much stopped going there. I always found them more expensive to shop in. It does depend on what your getting.
    Dunnes have hop house beer 12 bottles for €20 but it's 16 in Tesco. Veg & cheese usually more expensive too. I used to try buy special offers to make it worth while but don't normally spend >50.
    What annoyed me most is they never advertised the €5 vouchers or the fact that they've stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Was in Dunnes in Charlestown today and spent about a fiver and got a €5 off €25 shop hurrah!!! Haven't gotten one of them since Christmas so happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I posted a link before about the 5/25 vouchers and which stores officially do them. If I did not get one in a shop they officially say should have, and had bought compliant items I would be complaining to them. I reckon they might give you vouchers in the post. Not sure about dunnes but I hear good reports about complaints to tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

et101 wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes in Charlestown today and spent about a fiver and got a €5 off €25 shop hurrah!!! Haven't gotten one of them since Christmas so happy days :D

I got two in the last week, one in Donaghmede last Friday and in North Earl St on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Note, the till spits you get are only valid from the next day onwards, they aren't valid on the day you receive them

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

vicwatson wrote: »
    Note, the till spits you get are only valid from the next day onwards, they aren't valid on the day you receive them

That's true but it gives you time to maybe decide what to do for dinner for the following few days and happily head off to Tesco to avail of the discount....... naughty but great who doesn't love money off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Do Tesco still take the ten euro voucher from dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

juneg wrote: »
    Do Tesco still take the ten euro voucher from dunnes

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Will Tesco take an out of date 5 off 25 voucher from Dunnes (postal ones)? Out of date since last Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Will Tesco take an out of date 5 off 25 voucher from Dunnes (postal ones)? Out of date since last Saturday

they are not supposed to, they always check the dates in my tesco.

• Advertisement

Depends on how closely they look at it- however, some staff have been told they must make good any losses from out of date vouchers from their pockets- which I find despicable, however, its whats been said. I'd just dump them- its not worth potentially getting someone into trouble over.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dunnes Stores Shop & Save (€10 off €50) till-issued store vouchers with an expiry date between the 28th Feb and 6th March have been extended for use for five days beyond the original expiration date.

T&C apply, see: dunnesstores.com/promotions

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I lifted that from their Twitter account and the link doesn't seem to work. The correct link is dunnesstores.com/valueclub-term-promotions/content/fcp-content

This seems to specifically only apply to till-issued spend & save vouchers and not to the vouchers in last Sunday's Sindo?

Quackster wrote: »
    I lifted that from their Twitter account and the link doesn't seem to work. The correct link is dunnesstores.com/valueclub-term-promotions/content/fcp-content

This seems to specifically only apply to till-issued spend & save vouchers and not to the vouchers in last Sunday's Sindo?

Correct- the vouchers from the Sindo and other papers- expire on their printed expiration dates.

The additional time for vouchers (5 days) relates solely to till issued spits which expire between the 28th Feb and 6th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

The screenshot of Dunnes changed terms for the vouchers due to StormEmma here. dunnes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

My Sindo one went out yesterday, had no chance to use it.

Kind of relieved in a way, I'll just go back to Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

€2.80
    OlpHC8O.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I've found myself buying a lot of wine rolling forward these vouchers. Drinking it too!

• €10 off €50 dunnes voucher in the Sunday World paper tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

http://www.newstalk.com/Price-survey-reveals-Irelands-best-value-supermarket

"A new food price survey has found retailer Aldi is up to 47% cheaper than other supermarkets.

The survey, conducted by Grant Thornton, says Aldi has reduced the price of over one-third of its product range in past 12 months.

It examined the prices of groceries at Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, SuperValu and Dunnes Stores.

A basket of 62 own-brand products is more than 17% cheaper in Aldi than Tesco, over 24% cheaper in Aldi than Dunnes Stores (after taking into account their €10 off €50 voucher offer) and up to 47% cheaper in Aldi than SuperValu."

Advertisement