Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Does anybody know the Current policy for Honouring prices my confirmation email stated price as 59.99 but was charged 84.99 in store will return item if they don’t honour the price I reserved it at but wondering do I have a chance of receiving refund for the over charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

rosiem wrote: »
    Does anybody know the Current policy for Honouring prices my confirmation email stated price as 59.99 but was charged 84.99 in store will return item if they don’t honour the price I reserved it at but wondering do I have a chance of receiving refund for the over charge ?

Confirmation says you pay the price on the day of collection. Prices are not fixed

Caranica wrote: »
    Confirmation says you pay the price on the day of collection. Prices are not fixed

Thanks for confirming seems like a bit of a scam then on their part item was in stock when I reserved but only got confirmation for collection on day the price went back up how are you supposed to get items at reduced price in this case ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks for confirming seems like a bit of a scam then on their part item was in stock when I reserved but only got confirmation for collection on day the price went back up how are you supposed to get items at reduced price in this case ?

Some store managers will give you the original price, it can be a case of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Bring a screen grab of the email with the reduced price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you're best chance was arguing with them in store. they wont give you a refund for the difference after you bought it.

Just to update brought item back to return this morning and they refunded the difference no questions asked once I showed receipt and reservation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭boardz

Just to update brought item back to return this morning and they refunded the difference no questions asked once I showed receipt and reservation email.

Nice one! I had the same issue last week price was €10 dearer than I had reserved. When I pointed this out they checked on the system and let me have the item at the sale price. It seems that they have a 'soft' policy of honoring the reserved price if queried but will try to sell at the new price first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sites currently down with this message:

YOU’RE GONNA LOVE THIS…
    We’ve got amazing new products and deals on the way.

Watch this space.

Is it catalogue change time? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭johnire

Does anyone know where you can put in a promotional code for a discount?
    There’s 25% off Silent Night products at the moment with a code but I can’t see anywhere to actually put in that code!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

johnire wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can put in a promotional code for a discount?
    There’s 25% off Silent Night products at the moment with a code but I can’t see anywhere to actually put in that code!
    Thanks

There is a box for a promotional code on the right hand side of the ‘order summary page’, (step 3)

When you add to basket and after you’ve logged in or registered and gave your delivery details, (step1), click to the next page (step 2), click continue to go to step 3 and you should be able to see it in step 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Is the SN code on their site? I couldn't see it.

Found it. Thought it'd be on a banner, didn't realise it was on the actual products.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Argos to stop their printed catalogue. End of an era.

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/buzz/argos-says-goodbye-to-famous-catalogue/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mr E wrote: »

Long overdue - both they and Ikea should have stopped printing years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I remember being in the Ilac one shortly after it opened, some pure Dub woman shouting to her mate "Maarrgarett, they're giving away free bewks" and people were snatching up loads of them each. When I was next in it the they were behind the counter so you had to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

Ah the days when the new catalogue provoked much excitement. Needless to say the Christmas ones were the best.
    Long overdue - both they and Ikea should have stopped printing years ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if there will still be some moaning about it though. Coming to a Liveline episode soon. "Not all of us are on the internet, Joe".

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Cant understand why they don't invest in an App for the IPhone and Android and bring there website into the 2000s!!
    They would double there sales

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Cant understand why they don't invest in an App for the IPhone and Android and bring there website into the 2000s!!
    They would double there sales

I'd imagine they will now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Let's hope they invest wisely to a user friendly site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I always assumed they expected to go the way of blockbuster because of amazon etc and were just spending as little as possible until theyre no longer profitable. Seems strange for such a large company to have such a brutal website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I always assumed they expected to go the way of blockbuster because of amazon etc and were just spending as little as possible until theyre no longer profitable. Seems strange for such a large company to have such a brutal website

Gas thing there is still a huge market for the unique grab and go model that they have - Video stores where different

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

While the printed catalogue obviously had its limitations, it served its purpose very well for those that wanted to browse products without the headache of using the website (or had access -older generation without smartphones etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

GBX wrote: »
    Let's hope they invest wisely to a user friendly site.

they could start with finding the person who set up that "check argos" site.

It was like they were some freak eccentric stubborn old shopkeeper.

"I want this item, do you have it in dun laoghaire?"
    "NO, I DON'T"
    "is it in any other shops nearby"
    "MAYBE"
    "can you tell me which ones have it"
    "NO, NAME ONE, then I tell you"
    "ehhh dundrum?"
    "NO, HAHAHAHAA, guess again, I'm not even telling you if any shop in the country has it"
    "fcuk off ye mental prick"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think they did that so there wouldn't be as much of a load on their servers when searching multiple databases

• Skerries wrote: »
    I think they did that so there wouldn't be as much of a load on their servers when searching multiple databases

Or maybe the developer just sucked at sql queries and struggled with anything beyond SELECT FROM WHERE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Skerries wrote: »

if they are searching multiple databases they are doing something very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

No updates on pricescanner.ie this morning for any of the listed stores

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

Anyone know why nearly everything on the website is listed as out of stock? Is it to do with covid or what?

• MikeD22 wrote: »
    Anyone know why nearly everything on the website is listed as out of stock? Is it to do with covid or what?

Wow your wrist must be wrecked if you've manged to determine that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is checkargos no longer? Is there another?

Advertisement