Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Robbery and murder in Sligo Town recently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 barr toco

This tragedy of this situation has less, if little, to do with spreading bigotry but rather is a response the fact that a man has being killed in his own home, wherein a quite obviously dysfunctional human being, with a significant criminal record, has admitted to breaking into the house of an innocent man and resulting in his loss of life based on the less than likely possibility that there was a stash somewhere.

How do you know it was 'highly likely that travellers pointed the gardai in the right direction?'. In my opinion this is just patent nonsense and wild speculation.

Your post is typical of mealy-mouthed grotesque attempt at some sort of weird attempted justification of the actions of imbecilic delinquents who do this type of offence.

You can rest assured that alongside the offender's tragic upbringing and circumstances will be used to justify his actions. But irrespective of his creed, colour or nationality, this is a sick crime -- irrespective of the above.

Your post and based on your posts, appear to me to be typical of a naive, woolly thinking in short a delusional non-acceptance of reality and the menance that certain classes of Irish society pose to the general population.

Consider that a man's house was, without any provocation or good reason, invaded. Consider that a man was tied and brutually tortured and beaten. Then consider that it took the offender a week to volunteer himself to the Gardai -- what was he doing for that time! Considering his options. It hardly is indicative of any real remorse!

Crocodile tears, in public or in court, will be employed. But where have we seen this time of mock-sincerity to convince the naive or wilfully ignorant do-gooders that black is white and vice versa. In short this event is pure evil.

Do you really believe he was alone? That he over-powered man and could tie up his hands (single-handedly)? along with other atrocious actions that will come to light in time.

You Sir, in my opinion, are entitled your views but how is it you even knew he was a Traveller because in not one report was this noted. The fact of the matter is it is a well known and accepted facts -- much like the dangers that offenders such as Simon McGinley pose to the community, now and into the future. But certain facts and realities don't seem to really be factored in such imbalanced and wishful notions you seem to entertain.

Will those kind-hearted souls you speak of inform as to the full facts of what happened? The difficulty is Dead Men don't Speak and that's the issue that any sane person could recognise and appreciate.

well said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I see many people share Fr Gillooly's view about the lack of action by the Gardai in responding adequately to the 999 call, might I suggest filing a complaint with the Garda Ombudsman. While it says people directly affected by Gardai misbehaviour or witness to such can make a complaint, I'm sure should they get enough complaints putting forward the argument that the Sligo Gardai are putting our personal safety at risk by not following up call's to the proper standard they would be forced to investigate.

I suggest telling as many people as possible to do likewise to push home the point, also possibly asking the local media to follow up on any such investigation.

Link: http://www.gardaombudsman.ie/gsoc-garda-ombudsman-complaints.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

This tragedy of this situation has less, if little, to do with spreading bigotry but rather is a response the fact that a man has being killed in his own home, wherein a quite obviously dysfunctional human being, with a significant criminal record, has admitted to breaking into the house of an innocent man and resulting in his loss of life based on the less than likely possibility that there was a stash somewhere.

I did not say anything about the nature of this tragedy other than how sorry i was to hear of this mans killing. I did say that the tradegy should not be used to spout bigoted hatred as you have done several times (samples quoted below).
    Is it possible we will get a missive from Bishop Jones criticising 'settled'?? community and its social ills and how it is responsible for the deprivations of 'Traveller'? community.

Of course they all either were encouraged to stay in Sligo by bleeding-heart do-gooders .......Take for example the destruction of the Rocks at Gibraltar etc as a terrific example.

There are plenty of local gurriers and low-lifes, but statistically if you look over the last 20 years, aside to the gangland Sligo murderers (which involved McGinley's brother being shot) -- there is a disturbingly high number of killings by Travellers per capital.

The above is nothing more than an unsubstantiated bigotted attack on teh travelling community. You are dishonouring a mans death by using it to spread this vile nonsense.
    Your post is typical of mealy-mouthed grotesque attempt at some sort of weird attempted justification of the actions of imbecilic delinquents who do this type of offence.

And your post is a typical attempt at unsubstantiated nastiness against anyone you dont like and anyone who disagrees with yoru world view. Here is what i actually said: Im sure posters can see that you have attempted to blatantly misrepresent it, but that seems to be par for the course with your posts.

T Runner:
    The perpetrator should get his just deserts. And proper and legal action needs to be taken to protect vulnerable citizens living alone.

You can rest assured that alongside the offender's tragic upbringing and circumstances will be used to justify his actions. But irrespective of his creed, colour or nationality, this is a sick crime -- irrespective of the above.

It is a sick crime irrespective of the persons "creed, colour or nationality". However, given youve said this, I must beg the question as to why you are trying to connect the crime to the persons ethnic background (as quoted earlier):

"There are plenty of local gurriers and low-lifes, but statistically........ there is a disturbingly high number of killings by Travellers per capital"
    Your post and based on your posts, appear to me to be typical of a naive, woolly thinking in short a delusional non-acceptance of reality and the menance that certain classes of Irish society pose to the general population.

More personal attack when the wit to argue the points in a rational manner is lacking.
    You Sir, in my opinion, are entitled your views but ........But certain facts and realities don't seem to really be factored in such imbalanced and wishful notions you seem to entertain......Will those kind-hearted souls you speak of inform as to the full facts of what happened?

The only people who would know what happenned are the person/s who commited the crime. Are you suggesting that the travelling community are aware of the details of this brutal murder? Are you out of your mind? Enough of your nonsense.

This is a huge tragedy. The killer/s should be brought to justice and ways to protect vulnerable people explored and carried out. THis tradegy should not be used as an excuse for people to target the ethnic group that the suspect may have emanated from. That is bigotry.

I hope that justice is done here irrespective of the perpetrator's background and i hope that bigots are not allowed to use the situation to claim that the perpetrator committed this murder because of his ethnicity/community.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

I really don't think it's a hit at all travellers, unfortunately sligo has huge problems with its travellers.

When I heard about the murder my mind went straight to about 2 family names and sadly I was correct with one. Did I think of these names because they are travellers, no its because history will bring me straight there.

There is constant problems with them and really at this point something needs to be done. Traveller or no travellers someone with a history of criminal and violent intentions must be death with much harder than this particular person has been in the past. Along with others.

It's a horrible tragedy and what that man went through doesn't beat thinking of and I hope his killer is dealt with accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭shellyriver

T runner wrote: »

.... an unsubstantiated bigotted attack on teh travelling community. You are dishonouring a mans death by using it to spread this vile nonsense.

And your post is a typical attempt at unsubstantiated nastiness against anyone you dont like and anyone who disagrees with yoru world view.

[

Re Traveller involvement in Sligo Town homicides in last 30 years

Sweeney (Traveller) -Downey murder? in late 1980s.
    Mark Sweeney (Traveller) murder of Paul Waters in 2004.
    Tom Ward slain by as yet publically unamed Traveller family in Cranmore - 2007.

Shootings in Forthill - in a fued with gang-land (various injuries) Sligo 2005.
    Shooting of Hughie McGinley (Travellery) 2005.

In last ten years other murders in Sligo arise from gangland Feuds (Lynch-
    Smith) / or paedo killers like Dunbar - aside to that Romanian girl killed by Romanian gangsters (maybe that's bigoted to state another fact!!) Another murder in Sligo was perpetrated by second-generation settled Travellers.

The Traveller community in Sligo Borough is, I estimate, 50-100 maximum and for an overall population of approximately 20,000, their involvement in these murders shows how per capita they have been involved in a disproportionate level of homicide -- that is before we get to general crime.

I did not misrepresent you - you said you were sorry to hear about to the death of an elderly 'vulnerable man' - is your definition of vulnerable mean sitting in the safety of your house? Is so these is the entire community.

I don't know you or have anything personal against you - so don't bother trying to personalise this issue through the prism of your twisted views which display nothing by a typical tragic do-gooder narcissism.

You have once again, in my opinion, displayed viewpoints that are laced with deluded ignorance and misguided pontifications. Any sensible person will recognise this.

What the murder of Eugene Gillespie (who I knew personally) shows is the high likelihood that delinquent imbeciles will kill.

The mantle of Traveller victimhood is very often trotted out as justify and mitigate their offences. Others have their own difficulties as in Mark Sweeney's case it was noted he was in the 2% bottom of the population re intelligence -- yet he too was cute enough to have his Solicitor hand him over to the authorities days after his crime.

You T-Runner are little more that an apologist for extreme elements of dysfunction that exists within what could be argued in a rather outmoded and redundant culture.

DNA and Ethnic arguments aside - this issue centres upon a rather disturbing and recurrence of violence and blood-shed that arises particular when Travellers are participants.

In this instance Eugene Gillespie had the misfortune to be a generous hearted man meeting a well known violent Traveller intent on brutalising and torturing him in the hope of getting a few pound.

The Traveller community was all over the Phil Hogan Kilkenny Traveller issue last week, even trotting out the usual arguments on Ocean FM. Curious that representatives in this community (who are State-funded) don't add to general discourse their revulsion and disquiet. Curious that isn't it?

• Advertisement

cassi wrote: »
    I really don't think it's a hit at all travellers
    unfortunately sligo has huge problems with its travellers.

The posts thus far seem to contradict you.
    Henlars67 wrote: »
    Had someone who wasn't a traveler been up for the same offences then they would almost certainly have been jailed.
    I had always felt Mr Nally's response in Mayo was over the top - now in my opinion I can understand people who want to protect their homes in such a manner.

sligono1 wrote: »
    not trying to sound harsh but this PC brigade and travellers should be told to f off.The traveller anti social and crime issues are now getting serious in this country now.and this discrimination card has to be stoped been played

Is it possible we will get a missive from Bishop Jones criticising 'settled'?? community and its social ills and how it is responsible for the deprivations of 'Traveller'? community.........

There are plenty of local gurriers and low-lifes, but statistically if you look over the last 20 years, aside to the gangland Sligo murderers (which involved McGinley's brother being shot) -- there is a disturbingly high number of killings by Travellers per capital......Although Kevin Myers is viewed as a lunatic by some as to his views on Traveller culture .......

Gipo3 wrote: »
    I think they should all be rounded up and shipped to some island with no escape, and the councillors along with them. Its quite unbelievable that all these councillors keep getting re-elected.

You see...many are using this trdegy to vent their bigotry.

It's a horrible tragedy and what that man went through doesn't beat thinking of and I hope his killer is dealt with accordingly.

Agreed. I hope it is not used by some to spread bigotry and hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

I see you quoted me there. I'm no bigot. I think everyone should be treated equally.

Therefore a traveller up in court for numerous offences who had a list of previous the length of your arm should have gotten jail as you or I would have had we been in the same situation.

I hope Judge Kilraine is sleeping soundly.

He has blood on his hands.

Re Traveller involvement in Sligo Town homicides in last 30 years

Yes, the common element here is particular families. People in Limerick have a far more serious situation there with settled gangland families. The Gang lords in Dublin are all settled. Figures in Ballybough in Dublin will show a massive leniency towards settled people committing murders. Are we supposed to infer from this taht settled people are more likely to commit murder? By your criteria we are apparently.

Can we have the figures per Capita (in Ireland) inc. socio economic groups please to give us a balanced view of your (apparent) lunatic theory that all travellers are murdering types?
    I did not misrepresent you - you said you were sorry to hear about to the death of an elderly 'vulnerable man' - is your definition of vulnerable mean sitting in the safety of your house? Is so these is the entire community.

Some people are more vulnerable than others. Elderly relatively isolated people are more vulnerable than younger families in modern neighbourhoods. Do you disagree? Your suggestion that everybody is equally vulnerable although convenient is clearly absurd.
    I don't know you or have anything personal against you - so don't bother trying to personalise this issue through the prism of your twisted views which display nothing by a typical tragic do-gooder narcissism.
    You have once again, in my opinion, displayed viewpoints that are laced with deluded ignorance and misguided pontifications. Any sensible person will recognise this.

Looks like personal language to me. But then self righteousness and hypocrisy are two sides of the same coin eh Shelly?

Sensible people rely on substantiation to back up valid argument. Ranting and raving will not convince sensible people Shelly.

What the murder of Eugene Gillespie (who I knew personally) shows is the high likelihood that delinquent imbeciles will kill.

No offence shelly, but many of your posts border on the realms of imbecility. Are we to conclude that you are more likely to kill due to these imbicilic episodes?
    The mantle of Traveller victimhood is very often trotted out as justify and mitigate their offences.

And the mantle of Traveller is more often used to attack and vilify a group of people based only on the ethnic group they originate from.
    You T-Runner are little more that an apologist for extreme elements of dysfunction that exists within what could be argued in a rather outmoded and redundant culture.

You misrepresent me again. I havent apologised for any extremists: settled or traveller. I have stated that the perpetrators of this crime should be brought to justice but that this crime should not be used as a reason to attack tarvellers any more than the crimes of a Limerick family should be used to attack settled people.
    DNA and Ethnic arguments aside - this issue centres upon a rather disturbing and recurrence of violence and blood-shed that arises particular when Travellers are participants.

(DNA? What are you on about?)

That is bigotted nonsense! You cant substantiate anything you say. You are using the death of this man to further your agenda of bigotry. Shame on you.

Hopefully level headed people reading this might distance themselves from this posters disgusting implication that the alleged perpetrator committed this act because he was a traveller. Make no mistake, this is what she/he is saying. Do you agree? If not then distance yourselves from his/her viewpoint.

Henlars67 wrote: »
    I see you quoted me there. I'm no bigot. I think everyone should be treated equally.

Therefore a traveller up in court for numerous offences who had a list of previous the length of your arm should have gotten jail as you or I would have had we been in the same situation.

I hope Judge Kilraine is sleeping soundly.

He has blood on his hands.

You said that he got leniency because he was a traveller. There was a settled man in Dublin who got convicted of a rape on Griffith Avenue. Sentence should be 7 years. Because he was rich he got 1 year and (a fine of) €70000 euro. What would a traveller have got for this crime? 7 years i guess.

So rich conencted people get 1 year and (a fine of) €70000 for rape, poor people and everyone else gets 7 years. Your theory isnt working in this case is it?

So saying that travellers get lighter convictions for similar crimes to settled people based on one case as at best a flawed attempt at inductive reasoning and at worst, bigotry. (and by your stance id say the latter would be more likely).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

You said that he got leniency because he was a traveller. There was a settled man in Dublin who got convicted of a rape on Griffith Avenue. Sentence should be 7 years. Because he was rich he got 1 year and €70000 euro. What would a traveller have got for this crime? 7 years i guess.

So rich conencted people get 1 year and €70000 for rape, poor people and everyone else gets 7 years. Your theory isnt working in this case is it?

So saying that travellers get lighter convictions for similar crimes to settled people based on one case as at best a flawed attempt at deduction and at worst, bigotry. (and by your stance id say the latter would be more likely).

They give him 70,000 euro? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yes, the common element here is particular families. People in Limerick have a far more serious situation there with settled gangland families. The Gang lords in Dublin are all settled.

Can we have the figures per Capita (in Ireland) inc. socio economic groups please to give us a balanced view of your (apparent) lunatic theory that all travellers are murdering types?

You really are the limit! Not just happy to be deluded, wilfully ignorant of facts and figures but you indulge and wallow in spurious, ill-conceived and totally unjustifiably views.

In short, you fly in the face of reality.

Re Traveller/Settled Ratio in Sligo

http://www.stsg.ie/irishtraveller/

I have already given you a rough ratio for Sligo Town - which is accurate..

You have not being in a position to contradict any of the stats I have given about Sligo murders in the last 25 years. Par for the course really!

Re Your Nonsense About Limerick Gangs in Particular

http://majbloggers.blogspot.ie/

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/sw-irish-crime.php?aid=4750

Seriously, do you know anything about the socio-economy, culture and history of Irish minority groups?

Dublin

http://www.herald.ie/opinion/traveller-gangs-have-become-a-mafia-the-law-fears-to-tackle-2875913.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/traveller-gang-runs-this-estate-183301.html

I could go on and on but really you're so far beyond help that I must point out this is a Sligo Board - a thread re Eugene Gillespie. Not a discussion re traveller culture and general perceived biases etc, etc.

I could go chapter and verse on every weak response you have made but really it is simply just encouraging your tautological and turgid vacuous and unconvincing myopia.

Your deluded utterances wilt in the the face of empirical fact.

In short, you simply don't appear to know a great deal about what you profess to know and further are utterly perverse and wrong-headed.

You are so out of step to right-thinking members of the population it isn't even funny - but curiously that's what makes you feel morally superior and smug as you take a contrarian view on matters to which are straight-forward and obvious! Take a hike T-Runner!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

I'm still not seeing it as an attack on all travellers just these particular ones.

I think you're seeing bigotry whereas I'm seeing frustration with a certain section of the sligo community that continually get away lightly with crimes and are still well known for what they do.

Like I said earlier when you hear murder in sligo and can make an educated guess as to who was involved and be right about it, its personally very frustrating and disheartening.

I'm no bigot but let's call a spade a spade here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

We are all bigots. T runner has spoken. Case closed.

You really are the limit! Not just happy to be deluded, wilfully ignorant.. ....... it is simply just encouraging your tautological and turgid vacuous and unconvincing myopia..........further are utterly perverse and wrong-headed.

Its hard to make any sense in the midst of your ad hominem jumbled personal attack.

Look showing that a member of a limerick gang was the son of a settled traveller or that some criminals in dublin are travellers is a long way from your assertion that travelers are likely to commit murder by virtue of being travellers.
    Take a hike T-Runner!
    Ofcourse, trying to order and bully somebody off a thread when ranting and raving fail would be yoir style unsuprisingly, but alas ill have to dissapoint. If you keep using the tragic death of of this man as an excuse to attack travellers then ill stick around.
    cassi wrote: »
    I'm still not seeing it as an attack on all travellers just these particular ones.

I'm no bigot but let's call a spade a spade here.

The quotes referenced all travellers not particular ones.
    But lets call it. A well known criminal has been associated with murder. Are we to conclude that he murdered because he is a traveller as shelly claims?
    We are all bigots. T runner has spoken. Case closed.

Thats unfair. Im open to argue thses points reasonably. Its dificult to be reasonably with shelly who is pontif like in her self righteous ranting.

I dont accept that that man did what he did because he was a traveller. Someone should make that point before this thread turns into an absolute all out unwarranted attack on travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Attack the post....not the poster. There is no need to be telling other posters to 'take a hike'.

Look showing that a member of a limerick gang was the son of a settled traveller or that some criminals in dublin are travellers is a long way from your assertion that travelers are likely to commit murder by virtue of being travellers.

First you raise a spurious and ill-logical argument to justify a PC view you obviously labour under with reference to Limerick. Then when your assertions are exposed as utter tripe and proved the contrary to what you assert, you decide its not sufficient proof.

In the face of facts and figures to support my contentions, re my point that the Traveller community is so small - yet is has a hugely disproportionate involvement in Sligo, -- is strange and disturbing -- is greeted with deafening silence.

No shrill accusations - no hollow justifications, point to the contrary, just a silence that acknowledge you're palpably idiotic contentions indeed to the contrary of what you attempted to assert show you hoisted yourself up on your on petard!

Stick around by all means its just too easy to pick apart your garbled viewpoints. I don't want to bully you as you claim, I just enjoy reasoned, logical and rational debate, point and counter-point.

You're the one accusing everyone of ad hominem bigotry and anti-Traveller conspiracy etc. You're the poster who makes assertions as to some form of inside knowledge about the case in hand - when you quite obviously don't. You're the individual who resorts to childish name calling straight out of the traps.

Your generalised arguments are so one-dimensional and thin to the point of being risible, fallacious and misguided and once again fall flat on its face.

I gave you cold, empirical facts but you dear Sir, are completely out of your depth and just plain wrong. As usual you just turn the discussion into an exploration of your own understanding of reverse victim culture - just mass generalisations nothing that appeals to the mind or heart.

I am less concerned with trying to have an informed debate with a bigot such as yourself, rather, just for once, the voice of the quiet majority, might just express itself.

You're smug nonsense simply smacks of a brain-dead and irrelevant point of view.

It is unfortunate that this issue exists and has been explored, but it is not because Eugene Gillespie is dead - it is as a result of the heinous circumstances surrounding his death.

Further, sadly the circumstances of his death are not the only incidents in which Travellers in Sligo apparently have played an active role. The facts speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 4provinces

Many things need to be said here.

First:- What Simon McGinley did was an evil act.
    Second:- Eugene should have been left alone, and shown respect by all.

Third:- When someone does something wrong, and then everyone calls him/her names it doesn't help the situation at all. Actually is makes it much worse.

Fourth:- Everyone needs forgiveness, especially Simon McGinley who took the life of an innocent man. This man needs to get right with God and seek Christ's forgiveness for what He did.

Fifth: I would reckon that all who responded on this board are from Irish decent. So, with that in mind...let me assume that you are also Roman Catholic. If not, please just listen to what i'm writing here..... If you are a Roman Catholic, as the majority in Sligo are, then you would be aware of the Lord's prayer. The Our Father. It goes on to say "forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us". Has Simon McGinley commited a big TRESSPASS? No doubt He has. So this leads me to the next point.

Sixth:- Jesus said to forgive and love one another. I love Jesus and I love Simon McGinley. I don't love what He did...I actually detest what he did: it was cruel by all means. But what I am saying here folks is this: Jesus loves Simon McGinley....Jesus loves me...and Jesus loves you. Let's pray for these people as this is the only way that there can be true peace in our lives.

Love in Christ Jesus to all,

4provinces wrote: »

Third:- When someone does something wrong, and then everyone calls him/her names it doesn't help the situation at all. Actually is makes it much worse.

Fourth:- Everyone needs forgiveness, especially Simon McGinley who took the life of an innocent man. This man needs to get right with God and seek Christ's forgiveness for what He did.

Fifth: I would reckon that all who responded on this board are from Irish decent. So, with that in mind...let me assume that you are also Roman Catholic. If not, please just listen to what i'm writing here..... If you are a Roman Catholic, as the majority in Sligo are, then you would be aware of the Lord's prayer. The Our Father. It goes on to say "forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us". Has Simon McGinley commited a big TRESSPASS? No doubt He has. So this leads me to the next point.

Sixth:- Jesus said to forgive and love one another. I love Jesus and I love Simon McGinley. I don't love what He did...I actually detest what he did: it was cruel by all means. But what I am saying here folks is this: Jesus loves Simon McGinley....Jesus loves me...and Jesus loves you. Let's pray for these people as this is the only way that there can be true peace in our lives.

I have no idea why your bringing jesus into this, I don't believe in jesus, never have, never will! I much proffer to deal with the FACTS!

which is, that scum bag killed an innocent man, The sooner them dirty scumbags are kicked out of this town, the sooner people can stop living in fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

I have no time for religion and no time for people who peddle the tripe that goes with it.

Simon McGinley is an animal as are other members of his family.

They should be hounded out of Sligo or burned alive in their caravans.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

This has to be a troll account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 barr toco

what a load of rubbish, McGinley is a wild BEAST,

Razleavy wrote: »
    This has to be a troll account.

Perhaps, But they are fairly sick in the head to troll on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

This thread is getting reported left, right and centre. Don't feed the trolls and watch what you say. No one agrees with the crime but don't attack families of people.
    I'm watching this thread and will close it if this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bichon Lover

Try to look at the facts.

Simon McGinley has not been tried or convicted of killing anyone. Innocent until proven guilty has been the basis of Irish law for centuries. His alleged confession is worthless unless it is backed up with solid evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Try to look at the facts.

Simon McGinley has not been tried or convicted of killing anyone. Innocent until proven guilty has been the basis of Irish law for centuries. His alleged confession is worthless unless it is backed up with solid evidence.
    It is not an alleged confession. The scumbag pleaded guilty.

red sean wrote: »
    It is not an alleged confession. The scumbag pleaded guilty.

Worthless until he goes for a full trial.

Sligonians' ignorance of the legal system is truly appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Worthless until he goes for a full trial.

2 posts in BL? troll anyone?
    run along.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

The fact is Simon McGinley has a long record of violence and spent 3 years behind bars before for nearly stabbing a guy to death in 2007. He is a menace to society as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The amazing stupidity of that comment is merely a reflection of the person who submitted it. Now why don't you say that with your real user account and I'll give you a more comprehensive reply.

• Advertisement

The amazing stupidity of that comment is merely a reflection of the person who submitted it. Now why don't you say that with your real user account and I'll give you a more comprehensive reply.

Why don't you look into the case of DEAN LYONS who confessed to two murders in Dublin but did not commit them, before you sound off.
    To help you along see http://www.rte.ie/tv/scannal/deanlyons.html

Advertisement