Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile phones

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

HI can anyone tell me if my tescomobile sim works with an O2 locked phone?

No it won't we are different networks and SIMs. You would need to have it unlocked.

Regards
    Paul

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

HI can anyone tell me if my tescomobile sim works with an O2 locked phone?

Generally no, but their will always be one or two that wont have a lock in place.

What phone are you looking to use it with?
    Have you asked o2 for the unlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kerryspirit

i am on pay as you go tesco mobile and i am looking to buy on ebay a new o2 locked htc rhyme... could that work? does tesco mobile not work together with o2?

does o2 just give you like that the unlock code? otherwise youtube shows how to do it ;-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i am on pay as you go tesco mobile and i am looking to buy on ebay a new o2 locked htc rhyme... could that work? does tesco mobile not work together with o2?

They use the o2 infrastructure so they dont have to build there own, aprt fro that they are separate. o2 wont give you the code, unless you have purchase the phone from them and used €150 on credit. You can just get the phone unlocked yourself ofcourse

• Advertisement

is that secure to do it like they show on youtube? ;-)
    And some shops do that - what about the branding...do they have an O2 branding then or is that removed then as well if you unlock it?

Advertisement