Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IFGC and Anime Dublin || 26th April, 2014 || Academy Plaza Hotel, Findlater Place, D1

• 27-03-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

We will be running a streetfighter tournament at this years Anime Dublin event. https://www.facebook.com/AnimeDublin

I will get more details on the costs, prizes etc and post them up as soon as I have them. At this moment, it is just SF but we are angling for some BB as well.

Aj

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wait all year for an FG tournament... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

our next event in galway is the 27th of arpil.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Wait all year for an FG tournament... :D

220px-Dublin_Bus_buses.jpg

our next event in galway is the 27th of arpil.. :/

Which is not the same day as the 26th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

hehe. im just concerned that A everyones wrecked from sat or B everyone is so hype from sat that ye come and ruin us all hehe ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Uphoria

Anyone repping NI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Uphoria wrote: »
    Anyone repping NI?

I don't believe this is a serious tournament people would be travelling for, it wasn't when I showed up at the last one (at least I think it was the last one).

Unless the guys getting involved have really overhauled proceedings but I wouldn't expect we'd be getting too hardcore and having ladno going around trying to money match the cosplayers etc.

I don't believe this is a serious tournament people would be travelling for, it wasn't when I showed up at the last one (at least I think it was the last one).

Unless the guys getting involved have really overhauled proceedings but I wouldn't expect we'd be getting too hardcore and having ladno going around trying to money match the cosplayers etc.

Im hungry for dat competition...

Well, I'm no Ladno, but I'll be there, recording equipment in tow. and we're running it so it's automatically 250% more srs bznz than last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I might be there

.... >: )

EDIT: Scratch that, UT is on that day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I might be there

.... >: )

Don't think Tekken 7: Waifu Fighter is running Fergy-senpai, might not be any point in going :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Well, I'm no Ladno, but I'll be there, recording equipment in tow. and we're running it so it's automatically 250% more srs bznz than last time.

Good stuff, will swing by then if I've any other excuse to be in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sounds fun, I'm up for it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Uphoria wrote: »
    Anyone repping NI?

Don't you know NI is a spent force in fighting games, Cammy is getting nerfed and Cobelcog has old man reactions now!

Who said anything about cobelcog?

new blood is here

Hi guys,

NEWS UPDATE

We will also be running a Blaz Blue tournament an this event as well. It'll be on PS3 AFAIK and will run at the same time, 12 - 3pm.

I also just got confirmation of sorts. There will be prises for placing first and second but I do not yet know what those prizes will be - apart from pride.

Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I also just got confirmation of sorts. There will be prises for placing first and second but I do not yet know what those prizes will be

Wouldn't mind a ps4 or xbox one. :D

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a ps4 or xbox one. :D

I very much doubt the prizes will be of that calibre.

And you're not winning.

Scraped by there ladno. You better be practising :D

Shameless bump.

This is on Saturday coming lads and ladies. :D

• Advertisement

is this in xgc?

is this in xgc?

Yes. You Go to the xgc. The rest of us will go to the venue in the title

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Details on costs, prizes etc.? OP was never updated.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Details on costs, prizes etc.? OP was never updated.

10 into con. As of right now, I have no info on prizes. I have asked but all they could say was a prize for 1st & 2nd in each.

AFAIK is a new con and at grass roots level so I would expect the prizes to be picked from con stands etc.

Can someone link map to the venue pretty please? So I wont come to the wrong venue and let doom win a tournament...

Can someone link map to the venue pretty please? So I wont come to the wrong venue and let doom win a tournament...

Yeh sure

http://goo.gl/maps/zUQqu

ayjayirl wrote: »

You're so funny wait till I body you on sat :p

You're too late anyway Ladno, I won one down in Galway recently :D

Against 5 year old batman cosplayers? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient