Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jazz History Project

Options
  • 23-04-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks, I'm doing a project for college on jazz in Ireland predating the showband era. I'm mainly looking for any information on jazz/dance bands and dance orchestras from the 1920s-1960s. Anybody able to help or know of anybody that might be interested in helping. If so send me a message and I would love to let you know more about my topic and the areas I am covering. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Hi Avatron,
    Best of luck with project. I could mention this on Jazz Scene on Dublin City FM but would need an email or other contact point.
    If you think a mention might help let me know.
    jazzscene@dublincityfm.ie

Regards
    Sean Brophy
    Presenter / Producer Jazz Scene Monday 2 to 3PM dublincityfm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 avatron

Thanks so much Sean, this is great news to hear. Email on the way to you with more details.

Advertisement