Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you define what is and what isn't punk

Options
  • 22-04-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've only been on the OI scene about 5 months now properly after spending a sizable amount of time listening to metal and want to know what your definitions of punk are.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

There's an Oi! scene in Limerick???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Volk54

Not yet as far as I'm aware I'm the only skinhead I know in Limerick that listens to OI but I'm always trying to promote the scene, it just gets tiresome seeing the same bands and the same genres of music over and over again

Volk54 wrote: »
    I've only been on the OI scene about 5 months now properly after wasting a sizable amount of time listening to metal and want to know what your definitions of punk are.

FYP:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I've only been on the OI scene about 5 months now properly after spending a sizable amount of time listening to metal and want to know what your definitions of punk are.
    I was always under the impression that asking what is an isn't punk is about the most un-punk thing you can do...

WHO GIVES A BALLOX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I presume that you have read the following:
    What is Punk?

Punk trousers lads.
    Punk.
    Trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

this
    “A guy walks up to me and asks ‘What’s Punk?’ So I kick over a garbage can and say ‘That’s punk!’ So he kicks over a garbage can and says ‘That’s punk?’ and I say ‘No, that’s trendy!’”

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

dregin wrote: »

Powerful stuff, brother.

• Advertisement

I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY MAY SAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I know punks who'd think this thread was funny.

Any plans for your next scene once you've exhausted the possibilities of oi?

Listen to what you like. You don't need boxes to keep it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

This is by far my favourite punk - http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/brewdog-punk-ipa-56/135361

:o

I'll get my coat.......

Never much liked anything by brew dog, but 5AM Saint would be my favourite.

dregin wrote: »
    Punk trousers lads.
    Punk.
    Trousers.

I always thought it was the hair isn't there some unwritten code that states the spikes have to be as long as a mans arm and twice as wide

endacl wrote: »
    I know punks who'd think this thread was funny.

Any plans for your next scene once you've exhausted the possibilities of oi?

Listen to what you like. You don't need boxes to keep it in.

I'm probably just gonna go back to the pistols but more than likely I wanna do an experiment that fuses east coast hardcore with electro swing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'm probably just gonna go back to the pistols but more than likely I wanna do an experiment that fuses east coast hardcore with electro swing

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen, but whatever works man! Punk, just like it's older father Rock, is a wide genre. :)

Ah you never know man could be beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

the main difference is being a fake ass contrived joke or not

What oi are ya listenin to?

bump

Advertisement