Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not sure what to do next

• 23-04-2014 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So I decided to initiate a trace for my birth parents. I got my birth cert and hers from the research room on Warburgh surprisingly easy. I don't really know what to do next. I have an address on her birth cert. Is there some sort of public records database that would tell me the records of ownership of that house? I've scoured Google with all the information I have but to no avail. Phone books, Facebook, Electoral Registers have all turned up nothing. Just a bit stuck at the minute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rcdada

Hi,
    I'm on the other side, I'm tracing my adopted brother have is adoptive birth cert and date of adoption order but because he did not marry no record, I'm also stuck and have no idea what to do next...

Have you thought of going to the adoption agency, you can contact them and will do the tracing and contact your mother?

Have you checked the marriage records in Werburgh (GRO)?

You can also check in the GRO if she is deceased, staff very helpful, I was in there last week and the staff member was so helpful and because I had brought several marriage certs and none were my brothers, he took him name and date of birth and was able to confirm he was not deceased, information info to have also.

The old address you have, was it a council property because the council might be helpful and tell me when she moved....

check out the land registry http://www.prai.ie/eng/

how many years are going back~?
    Best of Luck

Advertisement