Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Offseason 2014

• 21-04-2014 3:36pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

Probably best to create a new thread instead of losing it amongst the Playoff thread.

Big news coming out of NY, Knicks head coach Woodson and the entire coaching staff have been fired.

mikewoodsonface.gif

This gentleman is favourite to take over..

kerr.gif

Also, Coach Adelman will announce his retirement too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

Kerr working under Phil would be a good move. Fresh ideas from Kerr mixed with experience of Phil if needed to call upon.

Loved Adelman's Kings team well over a decade ago. Good character too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I can't imagine Kerr as a coach. He seems soft. Obviously I don't know what he would be like in such a situation but its just a general observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Still find it weird how guys who've never coached even a high school game can get pro jobs. Pro sports are weird, not just basketball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Still find it weird how guys who've never coached even a high school game can get pro jobs. Pro sports are weird, not just basketball.

I suppose they just know what's required at that level in relation to practice, game situations, offensive systems etc.
    Look at Rick Pitino, one of the best college coaches ever and he struggled in the NBA. Each level requires something different from the coach.

I think Kerr would be a great coach, just look who he has learned from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I'd bet the house that it's Kerr or someone of that ilk. It will be one of Phil's past lieutenants certainly. Shaw would be a possibility if he wasn't in Denver. If the preacher got canned by the Warriors then he would be another candidate. He has no ties to Phil but would be very well welcomed by the knicks faithful due to his pasy successes. Jeff Van Gundy is an outside shot with Thibs being the pipe dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I can't imagine Kerr as a coach. He seems soft. Obviously I don't know what he would be like in such a situation but its just a general observation.

Softer than Jeff Hornacek seemed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Tyrone Corbin gone as Jazz coach, not being offered a new contract

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Rollins has an outside chance. I think we'll see him in the hot seat at either Houston, New York or Golden State next season.

Kevin Love posts a picture online of his father (who was a Laker for 2 years), with the caption 'Like father...'

Adds to the rumours of him being traded to the Lakers for their draft pick.

I don't mind that whatsoever. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Kevin Love posts a picture online of his father (who was a Laker for 2 years), with the caption 'Like father...'

Not for me, well not for me if we have a chance at getting Exum, Wiggins, Parker, Embiid
    Taking into account we could get Love next year for free

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    Not for me, well not for me if we have a chance at getting Exum, Wiggins, Parker, Embiid

I don't mind this if LA get the 6th pick but a top 3 yeah I'd agree with you.

astonaidan wrote: »

Agree with this.

I've posted on this consistently for the last 2 years at least - Love will be a Laker at some stage, be that next year or the year after. The TWolves really messed up not giving him a max 5 year when they had the chance (they effectively gave it to Rubio :eek:).

And Russell Westbrook will be joining him if OKC don't win a Championship by then.

Doesn't matter anyway - Boston are getting the No. 1 pick - FACT!*

*FACT may not be an actual "fact" per se, more wishful thinking on the part of one Boston fan.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Goran Dragic gets the Most Improved Player award

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Well deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A year too late for my predictions :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81463527&postcount=3

Well deserved for Dragic. If you look at Phoenix, Green showed significant improvement too, and my tip for MIP was Bledsoe who was playing very well too until he got injured. They have a nice and relatively young nucleus to build off with their run and gun game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Well deserved for Dragic. If you look at Phoenix, Green showed significant improvement too, and my tip for MIP was Bledsoe who was playing very well too until he got injured. They have a nice and relatively young nucleus to build off with their run and gun game.

They've three first round picks this year too which really means the future is bright. All they need is one of those guys to be a big hit and they'll be a force. They've got some cap room too.

• Advertisement

Oh great another **** season. Will lose a number of players due to him returning and Kobe won't be happy at all.

How can they have a good relationship when Kobe basically made it public that he doesn't want him as coach? Gonna be an awkward final year for Kobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Oh great another **** season. Will lose a number of players due to him returning and Kobe won't be happy at all.

How can they have a good relationship when Kobe basically made it public that he doesn't want him as coach? Gonna be an awkward final year for Kobe.

Who said it will be Kobe's final year?
    Gasol won't be hanging around either, he recently blogged about D'Antoni. “I've never concealed the fact that D'Antoni's style doesn't suit my game," Gasol wrote. "I don't know if my decision will be swayed by whether Mike stays or leaves. Obviously, the coach is a very important factor for any team.”

Bringing back D'Antoni all but confirms Kobe's worst nightmare, the Lakers will be in rebuild net year. Kobe has spoken about the coaching situation with multiple reports claiming he has "no interest" in playing for him next season. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24480197/report-kobe-bryant-has-no-interest-in-playing-for-dantoni-next-season
    General manager Mitch Kupchak said recently that Kobe would not be consulted on D'Antoni's future.

"We won't consult with him," Kupchak said. "Our decisions going forward — we're not going to do knee-jerk stuff. It looks like Kobe's final 2 years could be as an irrelevant lottery team. I can't for one second see Kobe biting his tongue about this.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Well...

Mike D'Antoni has resigned as Lakers coach, source tells ESPN

Confirmed now.

Halleluiah

:)
    RT @DanDuangdao: After today, everyone knows the difference between resigning and re-signing. Thank you, Mike D’Antoni.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well...

Confirmed now.
    Today is a good day

Ollie, Calipari, Byron, Gentry, Dunleavy, DFish, Karl, JVG (already ruled himself out last night), Rambis on initial list to replace D'Antoni. I do wish Kobe is up for consideration too :D

Well...

Confirmed now.

3 words - resigned me hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Thought Taj Gibson might win it, but it's a funny award anyway, bit of back-handed compliment...best player to come off the bench.

I'd have liked Taj to win it to make up for the ignominy of backing up Boozer, despite playing much better than him. Not a big deal though, hopefully Taj will get his reward when he's given the starting spot next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement